LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  [ 797 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017
Posted: August 21, 2017, 8:20 PM Post
OJ Mayo begging us to give him one more chance, says he owes us big for all the millions we paid him to not have his s--- together and he wants to make it up. If he really does have it together I wouldn't mind this to be honest, he really was solid before he went off rail.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2040 ... ukee-bucks

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2017, 3:26 AM Post
patrickgpe said:
if you run the NBA trade machine on ESPN that trade (without the 1st round pick included) has the bucks expected wins is at +4 and cavs -1.

i agree i am not sure how Kyrie fits in Milwuakee nor do i see him staying here after his contract is up.

the move does show Giannis that the bucks are serious about putting stars behind him. Middleton is a great player but he isn't an all star. Brodgen is a good player but i do not think he has much potential for improvement.

you are correct, my hesitation is that the team is still Giannis's and if Kyrie gets traded he is going to want to be the man or else he might as well stay in Cleveland.

He hasn't been yet and he might not become one, but he's also not that far away and we know he's a very good fit with this team. I think he's still underrated. 20th in plus/minus, then hurt his hamstring and I think now this next season could be where he takes his game to the next level, gets to the line a bit more and even if he doesn't make an all-star team, I think he's perfect fit with Giannis and Parker.

More than anything, I'd like to see one year(preferably with Parker, but that will not be the case) where they don't make any significant changes.

And maybe Brodgon doesn't have much room for improvement. Maybe he just improves his D a little more and is able to get a couple more buckets taking it to the hole a game-minimal improvement, but that makes him a pretty nice player.

We still really don't know what Thon Maker could become(Kevin Love but a better rim protector or a better defensive version of Frye).

Unless it's Wade after he accepts a buyout and decides he is willing to take a 1 year deal to play back in Milwaukee(and a role as a 6th man)...just let this thing grow organically for at least one more year before forcing major changes on a team before you even know what you have exactly.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2017, 5:38 AM Post
superfly said:
OJ Mayo begging us to give him one more chance, says he owes us big for all the millions we paid him to not have his s--- together and he wants to make it up. If he really does have it together I wouldn't mind this to be honest, he really was solid before he went off rail.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2040 ... ukee-bucks

He's still suspended for another full year. Until June 2018.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2017, 12:07 PM Post
If the Celtics-Cavs deal falls through it looks like the Bucks were the runner up to the Celtics and it looks as though the Bucks will be getting Irving. While I like the idea of getting Irving I don't think he will stay with the Bucks all that long and I wouldn't be surprised if he asks for a trade at some point. I think Irving when he hits free agency will go to either the Knicks or the Lakers. I don't want to see the Bucks giving up Brogdon and Middleton for a short term fix that is going to cause a long term problem.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2017, 12:20 PM Post
I get your point but that is small-town mentality and is going to cause Giannis to leave once his contract is up. the bucks needs to get superstars. Look at OKC, they have up a decent package to get PG13, even though its pretty common knowledge is he wants to be a laker after the season. the bucks need to get superstars while not drafting early in the draft, I don't know how you do that without making a move like this.

its very possible that he will enjoy playing here, in a new arena and will commit long term.

I have said that I am not sure how he fits on this squad though since its clear he wants to be the #1 option and he would be #2 here though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2017, 2:31 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
I get your point but that is small-town mentality and is going to cause Giannis to leave once his contract is up. the bucks needs to get superstars. Look at OKC, they have up a decent package to get PG13, even though its pretty common knowledge is he wants to be a laker after the season. the bucks need to get superstars while not drafting early in the draft, I don't know how you do that without making a move like this.

its very possible that he will enjoy playing here, in a new arena and will commit long term.

I have said that I am not sure how he fits on this squad though since its clear he wants to be the #1 option and he would be #2 here though.

Not small-town mentality. What happens when Irving leaves is Giannis going to stay when he is the only superstar on the team or is he going to leave? I would rather risk losing Giannis walking by building a team that can consistently win than risking Giannis and Irving both leaving and the Bucks are then left with nothing but playing the lottery game. I believe the Bucks need to continue on the course that they are on and just build a winning franchise.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2017, 12:10 PM Post
nate82 said:
patrickgpe said:

Not small-town mentality. What happens when Irving leaves is Giannis going to stay when he is the only superstar on the team or is he going to leave? I would rather risk losing Giannis walking by building a team that can consistently win than risking Giannis and Irving both leaving and the Bucks are then left with nothing but playing the lottery game. I believe the Bucks need to continue on the course that they are on and just build a winning franchise.

couldn't agree more.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2017, 11:13 AM Post
Global Moderator
NOTE: I've left the generic thread open now that we moved to the Other Sports Forum. But if you feel like opening a thread for a specific Buck's topic, feel free to do that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 14, 2017, 9:33 PM Post
Global Moderator
What are expectations for Thon Maker this season? I don't know a ton about the kid. I know the Bucks love him, but is he really ready to step up and be a force? Or is that another year or so away? He seems pretty raw. Just wondering what others thought about him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2017, 2:17 PM Post
reillymcshane said:
What are expectations for Thon Maker this season? I don't know a ton about the kid. I know the Bucks love him, but is he really ready to step up and be a force? Or is that another year or so away? He seems pretty raw. Just wondering what others thought about him.

I would say he needs another 1-2 years before he could become a true threat. He will flash some games, and he will pick up 3 fouls in 5 minutes some games. I think he will be better than last year, but maybe not take that big next step that Giannis took.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2017, 6:24 PM Post
reillymcshane said:

Giannis took a big step in year 3 and a huge step in year 4.

Thon works as hard as anyone, what I hope to see from him is better rebounding (simply being stronger will help there) and better help defense -- he needs to jump less (being more experienced will help there).

I truly don't expect much more than that from him. More consistency on the pick 'n pop and pick 'n roll would be huge.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2017, 9:10 AM Post
Global Moderator
He will be a regular in the rotation, especially with Parker being out most of the season. I think his defense will step up this year. And he will be a spot up shooter when others drive. Kind of like a 7 foot "3 and D" type player.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 21, 2017, 10:47 AM Post
bucks signed Kendall Marshall to a training camp contract, I think the odds are against him making the opening day roster, but he did a very good job before getting hurt in his one season with the bucks.

I know the bucks embrace positionless basketball but with a roster with one true PG, he would be a good backup.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 21, 2017, 6:06 PM Post
Well the Bucks now have two open spots for their 2-way contracts with Moore leaving and Koenig being placed on waivers. Hopefully Koenig passes through waivers he probably should but now that the Bucks have two spots open for their 2-way contracts who are they going to pick up?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nb ... 691035001/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 2:28 PM Post
the bucks are maxed out offseason rosterwise with the signing of Gerald Green today. so I think that the bucks cannot sign anyone to 2 way contacts? Is that correct? Since this is a new feature this offseason, I am not 100% certain of how it works.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 23, 2017, 7:04 AM Post
Jason Terry, Gerald Green, Rush, Marshall...it will be interesting to see what the final roster makeup will be.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 23, 2017, 7:26 AM Post
patrickgpe said:
the bucks are maxed out offseason rosterwise with the signing of Gerald Green today. so I think that the bucks cannot sign anyone to 2 way contacts? Is that correct? Since this is a new feature this offseason, I am not 100% certain of how it works.

The 2-way contracts are basically 16th and 17th roster spots. So the Bucks could still sign guys to those contracts, I believe.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  [ 797 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply