LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next  [ 835 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

Online  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017
Posted: July 18, 2017, 11:50 AM Post
That is dumb.

Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017
Posted: July 20, 2017, 9:39 AM Post
if this is true, this is great news for bucks fans:

https://cavsnation.com/breaking-derrick ... year-deal/

Posted: July 20, 2017, 10:24 AM Post
Is Rose really going to take that small of a contract?

I will be happy if we don't get him as stated above. 21% from three when what we really need is a guy who can make jumpers off Giannis' creations. Also, don't like Rose's ball dominance and inadequate defense.

Last edited by Austin Tatious on July 20, 2017, 10:25 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: July 20, 2017, 10:25 AM Post
Oh thank god. I don't want him at all.

Posted: July 20, 2017, 10:30 AM Post
i felt that it wasn't going to happen, if it was going to happen it would have happened a few weeks back when they first met. he really hasn't been linked to anyone but Milwaukee so he didn't really have much of an interest

if he does sign i would be interested to see what he signs for, maybe the bucks wanted him and couldnt' shed salary and didn't want to give up picks / pay the luxury tax to make it happen, who knows.

. I don't see how he fits in Cleveland either though.

Posted: July 21, 2017, 11:28 AM Post
Have this feeling I'm paying so much attention to MLB trade deadline, the Bucks will slip one past that I don't hear about. Like I'll wake up one morning and find out they signed Vlade Divac to a 4 year/ $56MM contract or something.

Posted: July 21, 2017, 5:41 PM Post
Kylie Irving has requested a trade.

Not going to happen but it would be awesome to get him.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/07/21/k ... -be-leader

Posted: July 21, 2017, 7:25 PM Post
nate82 said:
Kylie Irving has requested a trade.

Not going to happen but it would be awesome to get him.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/07/21/k ... -be-leader

Guess that means lebron told him he was going to bail again and doesn't want Kyrie to be left holding the bag.

Posted: July 25, 2017, 11:33 AM Post
Kyrie doesn't want to be in his shadow, I don't think they have ever really gotten along.

Posted: August 10, 2017, 1:04 PM Post
i am happy that there were really no changes to the bucks uniforms and they were not nikified.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/harley

the patch doesn't really look like belongs though, it really stands out on the jersey, which I guess is good for Harley Davidson but bad for bucks fans.

Posted: August 16, 2017, 7:14 AM Post
Proposed Trade on the Bill Simmons Podcast...Thoughts?

MKE Gets: Kyrie, Shumpert, Frye
CLE Gets: Middleton, Brogdon, Monroe, MKE 2018 pick

Posted: August 16, 2017, 8:59 AM Post
i would do this, you really then have a clear big 3 if jabari can get / stay healthy.

Posted: August 16, 2017, 10:48 AM Post
You would be sacrificing a lot of depth in that scenario. I guess I don't see Irving as a good fit in Milwaukee. Bucks are best IMO with Giannis bring the ball up and creating and Irving needs the ball in his hands. I don't think they would mesh.

Posted: August 16, 2017, 12:01 PM Post
if you run the NBA trade machine on ESPN that trade (without the 1st round pick included) has the bucks expected wins is at +4 and cavs -1.

i agree i am not sure how Kyrie fits in Milwuakee nor do i see him staying here after his contract is up.

the move does show Giannis that the bucks are serious about putting stars behind him. Middleton is a great player but he isn't an all star. Brodgen is a good player but i do not think he has much potential for improvement.

you are correct, my hesitation is that the team is still Giannis's and if Kyrie gets traded he is going to want to be the man or else he might as well stay in Cleveland.

Posted: August 16, 2017, 12:15 PM Post
Kyrie wants to be the main man on his team. I get that, but he's not going to get that unless he heads to a bad team and they build around him. He'd only be the #2 in Milwaukee. As far as fit goes, a spot-up jumper like Middleton is the perfect fit already. Same for Brogdon who seems to be more about good opportunities and going 5/7 than being the highlight-maker every night.

And really, why trade people who fit the team for someone who may fit the team? Fit seems to be more what Milwaukee needs, not as much lack of another superstar.

Posted: August 16, 2017, 9:31 PM Post
Global Moderator
Depending on how the Bucks backfill the bench and depth, they could be the #2 in the East in this scenario. This is a short term thing though, and I don't know how I feel about that. Trade off a ton of depth for a 2 year window at getting to the finals.... I just don't know about that.

Posted: August 17, 2017, 8:28 AM Post
Global Moderator
I don't know if this trade talk was even a consideration from the Bucks or just talk from those guys as "good fit." I don't like it. Short term and there is no way Kyrie stays. Plus, for at least one year, you still have to beat Lebron. I'd rather wait another year or two to make that big move/signing.

On the Harley patch, is that on their for every game or just for a few? Is the NBA going to adds this year?

Posted: August 17, 2017, 10:03 AM Post
I really think MKE would be better off with a legit PG and Giannis as the screener on PnR, doing tons of slashing in the lane and finishing, where he's pretty much the best in the league. Plus his ridiculous open court abilities. He'll get his 25 that way. Their half court offense is garbage when Giannis is dribbling around and his guy sags 6 feet off him. Of course, that could change big time if Giannis learns to shoot, but as of now I think they'd be better served with a Lillard type PG or even a Tony Parker of 6 years ago type guy.

That said, Kyrie has never shown the PG skills. He has the shooting and individual driving, but not sure about the passing, vision, ball movement that I'd want. Maybe he can do it but with LBJ playing point he couldn't show it, who knows. Throw in that he's godawful on D, likely won't stay here, and I don't think I'd offer that much. I do think MKE would be a spot where he could consider himself 'the man' though since he'd be the lead ball handler and driving force on O. If you could do that trade with Jabari instead of KM I'd probably do it. Otherwise, I think I'd hold tight and see what guys come available in the next two offseasons (like PG, Butler, Kyrie, Paul, etc did this year).

Posted: August 17, 2017, 10:04 AM Post
fondybrewfan said:
You would be sacrificing a lot of depth in that scenario. I guess I don't see Irving as a good fit in Milwaukee. Bucks are best IMO with Giannis bring the ball up and creating and Irving needs the ball in his hands. I don't think they would mesh.

Irving would have the ball in his hands a lot more than he has playing with LeBron. Frankly, I think the Bucks are better off when Giannis is free to roam more, cut to the hoop, post-up, etc. I would prefer to have the ball in his hands less.

Posted: August 17, 2017, 10:48 AM Post
Global Moderator
RobDeer 45 said:
I don't know if this trade talk was even a consideration from the Bucks or just talk from those guys as "good fit." I don't like it. Short term and there is no way Kyrie stays. Plus, for at least one year, you still have to beat Lebron. I'd rather wait another year or two to make that big move/signing.

The Warriors seem to be able to beat Lebron enough. I can see trying to coordinate with Giannis' max potential, but we can't fear other players/teams and try to peak when they aren't. Windows close quickly sometimes. Remember when we thought Lebron/Wade/Bosch was going to dominate NBA championships for a long time? And they only got two? And even then they had to sign several "falling stars" (i.e. Ray Allen) to get there.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next  [ 835 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply