LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next  [ 288 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

All Things Hockey:

Author Message
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: September 02, 2019, 10:27 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 18827
The goaltending on this team terrifies me and I don't think the defense is going to help the goalie that much.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: September 03, 2019, 7:29 PM Post
Posts: 3538
yourout said:
Had Saturday season tickets two years ago but did not renew them last year. Thinking about it again this year but not sure at the moment.
It's time for this thing for turn around or Tony's butt should start feeling the heat.


This year's team has a lot of talent, but the goalie situation...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: September 03, 2019, 7:30 PM Post
Posts: 3538
trwi7 said:
The goaltending on this team terrifies me and I don't think the defense is going to help the goalie that much.


They will help, by scoring a goal or 3 a game. [smile]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 11, 2019, 8:20 PM Post
Posts: 3538
trwi7 said:
The goaltending on this team terrifies me and I don't think the defense is going to help the goalie that much.


Case in point tonight. I didnt see it, but 5 goals on 28 shots...no special teams goals. Yikes.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 18, 2019, 6:22 PM Post
Posts: 1550
stoutdude04 said:
yourout said:
Had Saturday season tickets two years ago but did not renew them last year. Thinking about it again this year but not sure at the moment.
It's time for this thing for turn around or Tony's butt should start feeling the heat.


This year's team has a lot of talent, but the goalie situation...


It's early but the defense looks as bad as last year.

Definitely more talent but man they make some dumb plays in the open Ice.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 18, 2019, 8:21 PM Post
Posts: 1550
I will say this freshman class is as good as advertised.
There's some real goal scorers in that group.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 18, 2019, 9:00 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 18827
Haven't seen Wisconsin dominate a good team like that in a long time.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 18, 2019, 10:08 PM Post
Posts: 3538
trwi7 said:
Haven't seen Wisconsin dominate a good team like that in a long time.


Yep. I'm going tomorrow and couldn't be more excited.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 19, 2019, 7:43 PM Post
Posts: 3538
At the game. Biggest takeaway...this team has sooo much skill. They are going to be really really good. And Caufield is a stud. As advertised.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 19, 2019, 7:58 PM Post
Posts: 1550
My only gripe is i wish the would stop with the stupid backwards pass with a defender trailing.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 19, 2019, 8:18 PM Post
Posts: 1550
Nice weekend.
Lebadev was solid in net.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 19, 2019, 8:58 PM Post
Posts: 3538
yourout said:
My only gripe is i wish the would stop with the stupid backwards pass with a defender trailing.


That's the new 'it' thing to get the defense on the heels and have speed entering the zone. It is annoying when it doesnt work, but I prefer it compared to Eaves dump and chase.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 19, 2019, 9:06 PM Post
Posts: 1550
stoutdude04 said:
yourout said:
My only gripe is i wish the would stop with the stupid backwards pass with a defender trailing.


That's the new 'it' thing to get the defense on the heels and have speed entering the zone. It is annoying when it doesnt work, but I prefer it compared to Eaves dump and chase.


It has its use but far too often this weekend they would try it with the defender right behind them and he ended up intercepting the pass.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 19, 2019, 9:44 PM Post
Posts: 4366
Days like today make me proud to be a Badgers fan.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 20, 2019, 2:12 AM Post
Posts: 3538
yourout said:
stoutdude04 said:
yourout said:
My only gripe is i wish the would stop with the stupid backwards pass with a defender trailing.


That's the new 'it' thing to get the defense on the heels and have speed entering the zone. It is annoying when it doesnt work, but I prefer it compared to Eaves dump and chase.


It has its use but far too often this weekend they would try it with the defender right behind them and he ended up intercepting the pass.


Possibly. I did read some analytics that showed the percentage of a goal scored when entering the zone with control compared to not was like...30%.

I'm certain no one wants a BLT to give an odd man rush, but I imagine they practice/discuss those sort of things. Also probably why we see Kalynuk lead most of the rushes.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 20, 2019, 6:09 AM Post
Posts: 1413
PinaMadness said:
Days like today make me proud to be a Badgers fan.

* Badger Hockey fan, right?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 25, 2019, 8:19 PM Post
Posts: 1550
Boy that was a big stinky turd they left on the ice tonight


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 26, 2019, 12:36 PM Post
Posts: 3538
yourout said:
Boy that was a big stinky turd they left on the ice tonight


I saw the final but wasnt able to catch any action. Clarkson is a solid team though, so it shouldn't be too surprising. Everyone was riding high after last weekend though. I'm heading to the game tonight with the wife and young daughter. Curious to see how she does, bit I am expecting to only make it about a period with her.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 31, 2019, 6:22 PM Post
Posts: 1550
trwi7 said:
The goaltending on this team terrifies me and I don't think the defense is going to help the goalie that much.


Your not wrong.
Need a better goalie.
Kalynuk had been pretty bad so far this year as well.

How can a team be this Dreadful at faceoffs for 4 years straight.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: October 31, 2019, 11:02 PM Post
Posts: 3538
yourout said:
trwi7 said:
The goaltending on this team terrifies me and I don't think the defense is going to help the goalie that much.


Your not wrong.
Need a better goalie.
Kalynuk had been pretty bad so far this year as well.

How can a team be this Dreadful at faceoffs for 4 years straight.


It's crazy. I thought Lindmark was this stud faceoff guy and he never seems to be in on big draws.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next  [ 288 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JimH5 and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test