LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 346 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

All Things Hockey:

Online  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: February 27, 2020, 12:23 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
Rumor has it that Illinois is going to announce a start of a D1 program.

That would be great. There were rumblings for Iowa when I was living there because they are building a brand new facility very close to the campus that could host a college team if they wanted to.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: February 27, 2020, 12:32 PM Post
I had heard that as well. Fun stuff.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 29, 2020, 8:28 PM Post
If the Badgers dont come back go win tonight they will be heading back to OSU next weekend. I dont like that. Napier is a stud between the pipes. If they come back then they head to Minnesota.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 29, 2020, 9:57 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
If the Badgers dont come back go win tonight they will be heading back to OSU next weekend. I dont like that. Napier is a stud between the pipes. If they come back then they head to Minnesota.

. OSU got the point that they needed but the Badgers got the 3 on 3 winner in OT.
Can't complain too much considering they were down 3 nothing and scored the last 4 goals.
Buckeyes are probably privately thinking they rather have faced Michigan State next week

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 29, 2020, 11:26 PM Post
yourout said:
stoutdude04 said:

. OSU got the point that they needed but the Badgers got the 3 on 3 winner in OT.
Can't complain too much considering they were down 3 nothing and scored the last 4 goals.
Buckeyes are probably privately thinking they rather have faced Michigan State next week

For sure. Honestly. I'd hate to have to play Wisconsin. They have so much talent. They could easily make a run. One thing going for OSU is they are gonna be playing with house money. They'll be in the tourny regardless.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 01, 2020, 8:02 AM Post
Notre Dame playing Big Ten hockey upsets me. That is all.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 06, 2020, 7:36 PM Post
What a dumpster fire of a game. Not sure why Berry got the nod. Hopefully they figure it out for tomorrow. I didnt like the OSU matchup because of Nappier, but I thought they had a chance.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 06, 2020, 7:55 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
What a dumpster fire of a game. Not sure why Berry got the nod. Hopefully they figure it out for tomorrow. I didnt like the OSU matchup because of Nappier, but I thought they had a chance.

Well I don't think they could play any worse tomorrow night.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 06, 2020, 8:53 PM Post
Im starting to think Granato's heart never really was in this job. How do you have 4 first round picks and another 9 NHL picks and be this bad? Id speculate his plan was to build a winning team and then turn it over to Osiecki.
I thought his reported comment to Ryder Donovan when he originally committed to UND that he was going to coach him someday seemed like an odd thing to say.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 06, 2020, 9:28 PM Post
ZBTMP said:
Im starting to think Granato's heart never really was in this job. How do you have 4 first round picks and another 9 NHL picks and be this bad? Id speculate his plan was to build a winning team and then turn it over to Osiecki.
I thought his reported comment to Ryder Donovan when he originally committed to UND that he was going to coach him someday seemed like an odd thing to say.

I just don't think he's a very good coach.
The next coach had better have college experience.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 07, 2020, 8:51 PM Post
Final in overtime.
OSU 2...UW 1.

Season over.
I know the emperor won't do it but it's time to pull the plug on Granato.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 07, 2020, 10:38 PM Post
I went to the high school championship game today. Verona bear Notre Dame 2-1 in OT. Soft goal that was maybe tipped. However, Verona had 2 goals called back because of goalie interference. They showed the replay on the first one...it was iffy. The second one they didnt show and there was only 3 minutes left in the game, but it didnt look like it in real time.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 08, 2020, 8:30 AM Post
stoutdude04 said:
I went to the high school championship game today. Verona bear Notre Dame 2-1 in OT. Soft goal that was maybe tipped. However, Verona had 2 goals called back because of goalie interference. They showed the replay on the first one...it was iffy. The second one they didnt show and there was only 3 minutes left in the game, but it didnt look like it in real time.

The second one was the correct call. The ND goalie was so off balance because his left leg got clipped by the Verona player driving the net earlier in the play. The only thing that was weird was how long it took them in the replay. The first one... was a stretch that would never be called live without replay.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 08, 2020, 11:17 AM Post
Gotcha. We were on the far end, so I wanted to see a replay, but live it did look like he dove out at the shooter, so that makes sense. I was happy to see Verona win after that, although I typically cheer against them since they beat us 10-2 in the quarterfinals in 2002. Ha

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 09, 2020, 12:34 PM Post
yourout said:
Final in overtime.
OSU 2...UW 1.

Season over.
I know the emperor won't do it but it's time to pull the plug on Granato.

College Hockey Insider says he spoke with someone this weekend who mentioned that things were dicey in Madison all year and a handful of players were not on board with Granato. FWIW.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 11, 2020, 8:01 PM Post
Trivial in the context of today’s news, but ... North Dakota is currently the #1 team in the country and they’ll likely have the Frozen Four cancelled. What a bummer.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 11, 2020, 10:45 PM Post
True.

Turcotte signs a 3 year entry deal.

I read badgers have 2 US development goalies signed...hope they plan out.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 14, 2020, 7:48 PM Post
Looks like K’Andre Miller is gone too. I can only assume Caufield will leave too. So much wasted talent this season.

On a brighter note, the Badgers are coming back to Milwaukee for a Holiday tournament. I used to go to the Showdown when it was around. Hopefully I can make it to this one too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 14, 2020, 10:36 PM Post
paul253 said:
Looks like K’Andre Miller is gone too. I can only assume Caufield will leave too. So much wasted talent this season.

On a brighter note, the Badgers are coming back to Milwaukee for a Holiday tournament. I used to go to the Showdown when it was around. Hopefully I can make it to this one too.

Possibly. I've heard that the Canadians want Caufield to spend one more year at Wisconsin.

I'm looking forward to the tourny in Milwaukee. Curious if my season tix transfer over.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 17, 2020, 8:45 PM Post
Caufield coming back.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 346 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply