LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next  [ 142 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Packer Game Day Thread [Packers 5-5] - Where is Matty Flynn when you need him?

Offline  Packer Game Day Thread [Packers 5-5] - Where is Matty Flynn when you need him?

Posted: September 10, 2017, 4:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
Week 1: SEP 10 3:25PM CDT vs. SEAHAWKS - Packers win 17-9
Week 2: SEP 17 7:30PM CDT @ FALCONS Packers lose 23-34
Week 3: SEP 24 3:25PM CDT vs. BENGALS Packers win 27-24
Week 4: SEP 28 7:25PM CDT vs. BEARS Packers win 35-14
Week 5: OCT 8 3:25PM CDT @ COWBOYS Packers win 35-31
Week 6: OCT 15 12:00PM CDT @ VIKINGS Packers lose 10-23
Week 7: OCT 22 12:00PM CDT vs. SAINTS Packers lose 17-26
Week 8: BYE - Well at least we didn't lose the bye...
Week 9: NOV 6 7:30PM CST vs. LIONS Packers lose 17-30
Week 10: NOV 12 12:00PM CST @ BEARS Packers win 23-16
Week 11: NOV 19 12:00PM CST vs. RAVENS Packers lose 0-23

Week 12: NOV 26 7:30PM CST @ STEELERS
Week 13: DEC 3 12:00PM CST vs BUCCANEERS
Week 14: DEC 10 12:00PM CST @ BROWNS
Week 15: DEC 17 12:00PM CST @ PANTHERS
Week 16: DEC 23 7:30PM CST vs VIKINGS
Week 17: DEC 31 12:00PM CST @ LIONS

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Packer Game Day Threads

Posted: September 10, 2017, 4:57 PM Post
Global Moderator
So, my DVR failed me and I only started watching when Seattle kicked the first field goal right before the half, so maybe I didn't miss much.

So far Murphy looks like he is holding up at RT.

Montgomery also looks good running the ball.

And Daniels... holy cow. A one man wrecking crew on D.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 4:58 PM Post
I think we can see the importance of Cobb with this offense.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Packer Game Day Thread

Posted: September 10, 2017, 5:04 PM Post
Global Moderator
A lion share of the Cobb might be cut discussion is heavily predicated on the young WRs showing up. But honestly most of them didn't. And this year was honestly a year early. Next year is his last year and some considerations might be made to pay the other guys. Not that he isn't good anymore, but is he replaceable? And the answer this year is clearly no.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 5:07 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
So, my DVR failed me and I only started watching when Seattle kicked the first field goal right before the half, so maybe I didn't miss much.

Murphy allowed two sacks in the first half. Otherwise he and the rest of the O-line held up as much as you can against this elite defensive front. Not much on the ground.

Defense was dominant, but that may have more to do with this horrendous offensive line Seattle has and I mean horrendous. GB's defensive front has dominated the LOS all day long.

Seems like Seattle's D is starting to wear down in the second half due to being on the field the vast majority of the game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 5:16 PM Post
SomewhereInTime said:
CheezWizHed said:

Murphy allowed two sacks in the first half. Otherwise he and the rest of the O-line held up as much as you can against this elite defensive front. Not much on the ground.

Defense was dominant, but that may have more to do with this horrendous offensive line Seattle has and I mean horrendous. GB's defensive front has dominated the LOS all day long.

Seems like Seattle's D is starting to wear down in the second half due to being on the field the vast majority of the game.

Rodgers was responsible for at least one of those 4 first half sacks. Probably 2 of them. Evans has been beat a couple times as well, but like you said, Seattle has an elite front. They're probably deeper than any team in the league with the addition of Richardson.

Nick Perry's play is exciting though...I wasn't sure how he was going to play after signing his big extension coming off a career year, but he's had a really good game as well.

Last edited by OnTheBlack on September 10, 2017, 5:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 5:17 PM Post
Global Moderator
So, did anyone see the punch? I'm only left with Joe and Troy saying they didn't see it... I'm not convinced...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 5:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
When Aaron barks... the Seattle DL listens. [smile]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 5:27 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
So, did anyone see the punch? I'm only left with Joe and Troy saying they didn't see it... I'm not convinced...

There was no punch. They got tangled up, Cobb had gotten a taunting penalty a few plays before that and then Adams was blocking him on a punt and as they went to the ground(with Adams initiating the contact) Lane kinda gave him a weak forearm. Not a hit really at all...but then he did hold his forearm on his throat under the helmet. It shouldn't have gotten anyone kicked out.

There definitely was a block in the back on when Rodgers was chasing down the Seattle DE. Not sure why they're saying that shouldn't have been called though. That's ridiculous.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 5:30 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
When Aaron barks... the Seattle DL listens. [smile]

It's just amazing watching this guy work....the way he's able to keep his eyes downfield and make plays with the speed this game moves and then still keep himself aware of everything else going on?
I'm loving how this D has started the year....never know how long you're gonna have elite Rodgers production....

And I LOVE how Bennett has come out and played Week 1. I don't care that it cost them 15 yards, or that the Seattle defender didn't really do anything wrong, he and Kendricks bring an attitude to this team that is awesome.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Packer Game Day Thread [Packers 1-0]

Posted: September 10, 2017, 5:44 PM Post
Great win! Awesome to see a defensive dominant win, especially with so many questioning the defense heading into the season. What an outstanding sports weekend this turned out to be.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 6:15 PM Post
SomewhereInTime said:
Great win! Awesome to see a defensive dominant win, especially with so many questioning the defense heading into the season. What an outstanding sports weekend this turned out to be.

The defense was so fun to watch today. They doubled Clay and Perry absolutely destroyed the other side. Daniels just played with the interior linemen(and we were/are worried about ours....imagine what Seattle's gotta be thinking).

Jones and King saw a little playing time, but I think you can expect all 4 of the top picks, King, Jones, Adams and Biegel to get more comfortable and play better as the year goes on. And we didn't even really need Lowry today.

Not sure what you would really need to see to be more excited out of this Packer team at this point. Offense is always a bit behind defense but the running game looked good given the opponent and Bulaga's injury...

We needed to come out of the first two games with at least 1 win IMO, and Seattle is a lot easier to beat in GB it would appear, so...huge week 1.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 6:56 PM Post
Watching the game I just kept thinking the entire game that the Packers were the superior team. Sure there were plays that could have went Seattle's way but I truly feel the more talented team is GB and I'm not sure it is that close. Just need to play up to it and stay healthy and this team has a really good shot at adding the 5th trophy at Lambeau.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 8:10 PM Post
Good win. Murphy held his own, which is encouraging. I was really surprised that Bulaga couldn't answer the bell. Aaron's foot, ankle or whatever was sore is concerning. The defense looked stout against the run. I'm surprised the Seahags didn't spread the Packers D out a bit more and try to throw it. It seemed like they had success through the air at times. I'd have pressed that more, but i'm no Bevel. (I just found out about McGinn's website and I'm in LOVE!! Huge fan. I think the JS coverage has really been lacking since his departure.)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 8:37 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:

It wasn't a punch but Lane took his forearm and jammed it into Adams' throat. It was a deserved ejection and Buck and Aikman were terrible today.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 8:41 PM Post
Global Moderator
Great win today! Was the D legit or just a lucky day? I hope they can continue that!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 8:42 PM Post
docduany said:
Good win. Murphy held his own, which is encouraging. I was really surprised that Bulaga couldn't answer the bell. Aaron's foot, ankle or whatever was sore is concerning. The defense looked stout against the run. I'm surprised the Seahags didn't spread the Packers D out a bit more and try to throw it. It seemed like they had success through the air at times. I'd have pressed that more, but i'm no Bevel. (I just found out about McGinn's website and I'm in LOVE!! Huge fan. I think the JS coverage has really been lacking since his departure.)

Yeah a lot of the great content he's been known for is there, just surprising he's so down on the Packers this season with his pre-season prediction, maybe he just doesn't want to jinx them this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 8:57 PM Post
Global Moderator
trwi7 said:
CheezWizHed said:

It wasn't a punch but Lane took his forearm and jammed it into Adams' throat. It was a deserved ejection and Buck and Aikman were terrible today.

That is a given when their lips were moving...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 9:06 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
trwi7 said:
CheezWizHed said:

That is a given when their lips were moving...

I'm not even in the Buck and Aikman should never call Packers games camp or anything but that non-PI call in the 3rd in the end zone? Well before halftime Rodgers threw a pass about 30 yards downfield and underthrew it to Adams, Adams came back for the ball and the DB without looking back for the ball just ran over Adams, no call from the refs and no mention of the missed call from Buck or Aikman even after multiple replays (it was blatantly obvious in real time.)

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2017, 9:40 PM Post
trwi7 said:

I'm not even in the Buck and Aikman should never call Packers games camp or anything but that non-PI call in the 3rd in the end zone? Well before halftime Rodgers threw a pass about 30 yards downfield and underthrew it to Adams, Adams came back for the ball and the DB without looking back for the ball just ran over Adams, no call from the refs and no mention of the missed call from Buck or Aikman even after multiple replays (it was blatantly obvious in real time.)

I actually like the duo, but they were terrible today. I don't agree that he(Lane) deserved an ejection, but they kept harping on that as if it impacted the game. And Rodgers DID get blocked in the back and it was obvious. Not sure how they and Mike Periera thought that shouldn't have been called.

They refs weren't great today. They did blow that call on Adams, but they also blew that call on Brice who was all over Graham in the endzone on 3rd down and there were multiple plays they could have called holding on Seattle's OL. But they just kept going on and on about the calls that went against Seattle.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next  [ 142 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply