LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 212 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Wisconsin Basketball Thread 2017-18

Offline  Re: Wisconsin Basketball Thread 2017-18
Posted: February 25, 2018, 4:43 PM Post
Hopefully MSU or OSU sells out and lays an egg next week, because we're finally playing badger basketball. I think we stand a good chance of making a run of the cards fall right, although our 3 pt shooting is a total ABORTION.

Posted: February 25, 2018, 4:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
adambr2 said:
Davison was a treat to watch. Iverson was completely non existent as usual.

Iverson's last three games he's averaged almost a double double. And he plays good defense.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Posted: February 25, 2018, 6:15 PM Post
Global Moderator
Would have been great to pull that one out. Looking forward to seeing what this team can do in the B1G tourney.

Posted: February 26, 2018, 11:41 AM Post
Global Moderator
I haven't watched much at all for college hoops this year, so it was fun to finally dive in to a Badger game. I was really getting in the game and they battled their butts off and almost pulled off the upset (MSU). I hope they can keep playing well in the B10 Tourney, but I don't think they will have enough to pull off a miracle run.

Posted: March 01, 2018, 1:49 PM Post
Nice little win today, although they didn't shoot great. It would have been nice if they wouldn't have had that stretch through the middle of the season where they went 1-8 or whatever. Still probably wouldn't have been good enough to get into the tournament, but at least could have hit 20 wins.

Posted: March 01, 2018, 2:09 PM Post
Enjoyed the fight again today. Get their rematch with Michigan State. Hopefully, State will be overlooking them and we can catch them napping.

Posted: March 01, 2018, 7:39 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
Nice little win today, although they didn't shoot great. It would have been nice if they wouldn't have had that stretch through the middle of the season where they went 1-8 or whatever. Still probably wouldn't have been good enough to get into the tournament, but at least could have hit 20 wins.

If they EVER shoot well they can beat anybody in the game, including MSU. Seems to be quite the task however.

Posted: March 02, 2018, 12:40 PM Post
Playing MSU tough. I wish this was the team that we got to see all year. Gives me some hope for next year. I was starting to think this team was doomed, but they appear to have grown a lot over the last few weeks.

EDIT: 19 seconds left and that's the best they could do...hmm.

Posted: March 02, 2018, 1:04 PM Post
Free throws and rebounds are the story in this one. Very winnable game. The last possession was absolutely terrible as well. Not mad or upset at all. They gave Michigan State all they could handle, twice, in a week.

Posted: March 02, 2018, 8:16 PM Post
It's really annoying we always lose to Sparty by what seems like 3-4 points every single time, but my faith has been restored after the past few weeks. It was really impressive to see this team play so well down the stretch when they easily could have just folded up and headed for the offseason...Gard seems plenty safe to me.

NEED. SHOOTING. Hopefully Ford becomes that guy.

Posted: March 03, 2018, 10:11 AM Post
Global Moderator
Unsurprisingly, Davidson to have surgery very soon, Happ to submit for the NBA draft without an agent. He's also confirmed that the grad transfer stuff is bogus.

Posted: March 03, 2018, 11:57 AM Post
PeaveyFury said:
Unsurprisingly, Davidson to have surgery very soon, Happ to submit for the NBA draft without an agent. He's also confirmed that the grad transfer stuff is bogus.

Why did I think Happ was a senior for some reason? Looks like he's still thinking about coming back. I bet he does, i'd be quite happy if so.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/coll ... 72f0e.html

Posted: March 03, 2018, 6:41 PM Post
Without an agent, would Happ basically be stuck at where he's drafted at? Would the team hold his rights for a few years and be able to hold him at that salary level like what happened to Richard Griffith? Or since he doesn't have an agent, would he be able to play another year at Wisconsin and get re-drafted? What does not hiring an agent benefit him besides not paying an agent commission, apart from enjoying a senior season at Wisconsin?

Posted: March 03, 2018, 6:45 PM Post
As long as he doesn't hire an agent he can go to the combine and get his draft grade. If it isn't good enough he can decide to come back for his senior year. However, if he signed with an agent he would not be able to return. I believe.

Posted: March 04, 2018, 3:16 PM Post
IMO, there is ZERO chance of Happ leaving early. You can't play in the NBA if you can't do anything outside of 3-4 feet unless you're an absolute beast like Shaq. He has no jumper and he struggles mightily against bigger guys (see MSU games) - that will be almost everyone in the NBA. He's not ready plain and simple. Spend the off season bulking up, then working on some form of jumper and MAYBE he has a shot to make a roster next year. I can't imagine the NBA gives him anything close to a high enough grade for him to leave early.

Posted: March 04, 2018, 3:19 PM Post
brwrsfan said:
IMO, there is ZERO chance of Happ leaving early. You can't play in the NBA if you can't do anything outside of 3-4 feet unless you're an absolute beast like Shaq. He has no jumper and he struggles mightily against bigger guys (see MSU games) - that will be almost everyone in the NBA. He's not ready plain and simple. Spend the off season bulking up, then working on some form of jumper and MAYBE he has a shot to make a roster next year. I can't imagine the NBA gives him anything close to a high enough grade for him to leave early.

Free throws.................

Posted: March 04, 2018, 4:13 PM Post
Global Moderator
brwrsfan said:

The good news is that he seems realistic about it, noting that he's looking to learn from the eval process but prefers to develop at Wisconsin for another year rather than the D league or whatever if the feedback says that's what he's looking at. I think you're correct that there's almost no chance they'll give him a first round grade.

Posted: March 04, 2018, 4:43 PM Post
I really wish this team had a stud coming in next season. The mix of Happ-Pritzl-Iverson-Trice with Davison-King-Reuters-Ford could be very good in the big ten next year but if we could add someone to mix in as a freshman, this team could be very deep.

Posted: March 13, 2018, 8:56 PM Post
Global Moderator
Unsurprisingly, Van Vliet will be leaving the program:

http://uwbadgers.com/news/2018/3/13/men ... tions.aspx

Posted: March 13, 2018, 8:58 PM Post
That opens a scholarship, correct?

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 212 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply