LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next  [ 442 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018

Author Message
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: April 28, 2018, 8:18 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 4450
Seems like we have a systemic problem with starting poorly in Q1. Sometimes we recover, sometimes we don't.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: April 28, 2018, 9:19 PM Post
Posts: 11625
There's still something missing with the Bucks franchise that a new venue isn't going to solve. Hard to put a finger on it, but they haven't found the solution.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: April 29, 2018, 12:37 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2879
They guy they put on Giannis was great at preventing the post-ups the previous two games, so no surprise he was starting Game 7 and did another good job defending. So what do you do when the defender is good against iso ball? You run more iso ball, of course! I don't really think it's anything against Giannis at all that he didn't dominate, but more a function of not doing anything to give Giannis different looks.

There's enough talent in Milwaukee. I'm convinced a good coach will solve everything.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they moved Bledsoe this offseason since they've got no FA money to work with. A couple months ago I'd have said Middleton, but after this playoff performance maybe they see him as more an integral piece on the team. Bledsoe to Brogdon is obviously a downgrade and they'd have no creative PGs, but there would be a tremendous upgrade to replacing Henson with a stout defender and rebounder.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: April 29, 2018, 1:01 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10177
I know, I know... it’s Lebron James but what he’s doing right now is what I somewhat expected form Giannis last night. Whether he wins this game or not, he will be a huge reason why. I can’t say the same about Giannis last night. Disappeared at times.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: April 29, 2018, 4:04 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 4450
Lebron James was actually known for disappearing in big games when he was younger. Then running off the court.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: April 29, 2018, 5:10 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10177
CheezWizHed said:
Lebron James was actually known for disappearing in big games when he was younger. Then running off the court.

Maybe in the finals. Not the first round. He at least carried his team a distance.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: April 29, 2018, 6:49 PM Post
Posts: 1779
GAME05 said:
They guy they put on Giannis was great at preventing the post-ups the previous two games, so no surprise he was starting Game 7 and did another good job defending. So what do you do when the defender is good against iso ball? You run more iso ball, of course! I don't really think it's anything against Giannis at all that he didn't dominate, but more a function of not doing anything to give Giannis different looks.

There's enough talent in Milwaukee. I'm convinced a good coach will solve everything.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they moved Bledsoe this offseason since they've got no FA money to work with. A couple months ago I'd have said Middleton, but after this playoff performance maybe they see him as more an integral piece on the team. Bledsoe to Brogdon is obviously a downgrade and they'd have no creative PGs, but there would be a tremendous upgrade to replacing Henson with a stout defender and rebounder.



Who is Bledsoe? [laughing]


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: May 01, 2018, 10:21 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8041
When I watch this team, the thought that constantly enters my mind is that they are soft. This is just not a physically tough team.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: May 02, 2018, 11:05 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8704
turborickey said:
When I watch this team, the thought that constantly enters my mind is that they are soft. This is just not a physically tough team.


They really need a banger down low to defend and rebound. Maker has a place on this team but not as a starting center.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: May 02, 2018, 12:52 PM Post
Posts: 7316
Henson plays solid post defense. The whole structure of the defense was the biggest problem.

On offense, again, a new coach alone will really help. But they need shooters, plain and simple. Any idea how many assists and secondary assists Giannis could/ would have if this team had 3 point shooters like practically every other team?

They should be open to trading anyone not named Giannis. Yes even Middleton. It's not that I want o get rid of him, but you have to give up quality to get quality. And for the right deal, yea I would be open to that. Bledsoe definitely needs to go.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: May 02, 2018, 2:44 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4759
They have plenty of shooters. Their coach spent 4 years telling them not to shoot and telling them "The closer to the hoop you are the more dangerous you are." This coach who had no idea the difference between a good decision and a good result.

Snell went from a guy who was looking to fire up every 3 he got to being completely scared to shoot the ball.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: May 02, 2018, 2:56 PM Post
Posts: 7316
Baldkin said:
They have plenty of shooters. Their coach spent 4 years telling them not to shoot and telling them "The closer to the hoop you are the more dangerous you are." This coach who had no idea the difference between a good decision and a good result.

Snell went from a guy who was looking to fire up every 3 he got to being completely scared to shoot the ball.


I don't buy that at all. I'm no Kidd fan, but he never had a problem with guys taking a 3. Snell took plenty of 3s in the playoffs, just couldn't make any.

Again, I do believe a new coach/offense will help with guys like Brogdon. But they need 4-6 guys who can bury a 3 like most other teams. The Bucks don't have that now, they just don't.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: May 02, 2018, 6:57 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4759
FVBrewerFan said:
Baldkin said:
They have plenty of shooters. Their coach spent 4 years telling them not to shoot and telling them "The closer to the hoop you are the more dangerous you are." This coach who had no idea the difference between a good decision and a good result.

Snell went from a guy who was looking to fire up every 3 he got to being completely scared to shoot the ball.


I don't buy that at all. I'm no Kidd fan, but he never had a problem with guys taking a 3. Snell took plenty of 3s in the playoffs, just couldn't make any.

Again, I do believe a new coach/offense will help with guys like Brogdon. But they need 4-6 guys who can bury a 3 like most other teams. The Bucks don't have that now, they just don't.


Middleton, Snell, Brogdon, Jabari, Delly, Sterling Brown.

That's an easy 6. Not listed: Thon, Teletovic, Terry.

Jason Kidd ran an archaic offense that didn't encourage players to shoot 3's. They were 5th from the bottom in 3's attempted and were 22nd in 3pt percentage, which was dragged down by their 2 their top 5 shooters by volume being really, really bad at it (Bledsoe and Giannis).

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: May 03, 2018, 11:23 AM Post
Posts: 863
Those guys aren't really good shooters. It's a dynamic concept that requires you to consider how much spacing they provide and how much defenses pay attention to them. Guys like Delly, Snell, Jabari, and Brown don't draw defenses away from Giannis. They shoot when they're wide open and they're wide open a lot because defenses prefer to sag on Giannis and live with them getting open 3's. Being able to hit in the high 30's doesn't always mean you're a valuable shooter. You have to get open fast and shoot with defenders close to you and still be able to hit in the high 30's to really provide spacing.

Khris is the only guy on the team who fits that profile, even though he struggled from 3 this year. Terry did in his prime. Mirza was a guy who could hit in the high 30's on very high volume with defenses paying constant attention to him. Same with Delfino. Ersan had tremendous value because he was a PF able to hit over 40% on high volume. That's the type of shooter you need to provide spacing for Giannis. Those guys would have hit close to 50% of their 3's if they only took wide open ones like most of the so-called "shooters" on the Bucks. But then they would never be wide open, which is the point - to draw defenses away from Giannis (and Bledsoe, if they keep him).


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: May 03, 2018, 12:20 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6057
Yeah, there's a huge difference between being able to shoot a 3, and being a shooter. Snell is not a shooter. He can put it up there, and he has a decent percentage, but I don't believe he fits the mold of the modern shooter in the way the game is played now. I don't know exactly what Snell actually does at this point.

This roster is a mess right now. Middleton clearly fills the role of Giannis' sidekick that Parker was meant to fill. Parker is unnecessary and needs to go. As others have said, there is zero physical presence inside. Henson and Maker are ok players, but they simply can not bang with the big guys in the middle. They are decent scoring opportunists, and can both play passable defense and grab a board, but they just aren't a physical presence like you'd want out of a true center. Snell and Delevadova are just bodies. They don't draw defenders away from anyone, don't board or do anything. Dele at least plays a bit of defense, but the way this team plays, it doesn't matter, they're so disjointed and whatnot, what one guy is doing just doesn't matter.

I was excited when we snagged Bledsoe. I've always liked him, and actually coveted him when he was available before. But watching him this year.. he just isn't what I thought we were getting.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: May 03, 2018, 1:10 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4759
How many shooters does Houston have around Harden and Paul?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: May 03, 2018, 1:51 PM Post
Posts: 397
Baldkin said:
How many shooters does Houston have around Harden and Paul?


PLAYER 3PA/G 3PM/G %
James Harden 3.7 10.0 36.7
Eric Gordon 3.2 8.8 35.9
Gerald Green 2.7 7.3 36.9
Chris Paul 2.5 6.5 38.0
Trevor Ariza 2.5 6.9 36.8
Ryan Anderson 2.0 5.1 38.6

TOTAL TEAM 15.3 42.3 36.2

BUCKS 8.8 24.7 35.5


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: May 03, 2018, 3:16 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4759
monkeyman343434 said:
Baldkin said:
How many shooters does Houston have around Harden and Paul?


PLAYER 3PA/G 3PM/G %
James Harden 3.7 10.0 36.7
Eric Gordon 3.2 8.8 35.9
Gerald Green 2.7 7.3 36.9
Chris Paul 2.5 6.5 38.0
Trevor Ariza 2.5 6.9 36.8
Ryan Anderson 2.0 5.1 38.6

TOTAL TEAM 15.3 42.3 36.2

BUCKS 8.8 24.7 35.5


Yep. None of those guys are "shooters", at least whatever the definition of "shooter" is.

If it's someone who shoots a lot of 3 pointers, well, that's their SYSTEM not the players.

Those guys have literally been coached for 2 years to "let it fly".

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: May 03, 2018, 9:38 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1075
While I see the point you are making, Gordon and Anderson are true 3 point shooters. That’s about all Anderson can do.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2017 - 2018
Posted: May 03, 2018, 9:41 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 4450
So your evidence is that 6 Houston players shoot at 35.9% or better?

Hear are the six Bucks at 35.9% or better:
Khris Middleton .359
Malcolm Brogdon .385
Jabari Parker .383
Mirza Teletovic .467 (small sample last year, but 37% career)
Tony Snell .403
Matthew Dellavedova .372

I'm not saying we couldn't use better shooters, but our offense has been rather 3ptr adverse.


 Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next  [ 442 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test