LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 55 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns

Author Message
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#41

Posted: March 10, 2018, 12:55 PM Post
Posts: 1037
Odds they cut Bulaga to free up some money?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#42

Posted: March 10, 2018, 1:09 PM Post
Posts: 14591
wallus said:
Odds they cut Bulaga to free up some money?


I'm guessing they are leaning no.

Bulaga doesn't have a huge cap number for a starting tackle and if healthy he's worth the price.

Maybe if Spriggs had looked serviceable so far, but in mind he hasn't.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#43

Posted: March 10, 2018, 1:52 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 7479
The Packers can grab ~$2.6 million if he restructures, so he'd seemingly be a good candidate for that. But they would get more if they just parted ways.

Really, the players that are going to be interesting to watch are Nelson, Cobb, Matthews, and Bulaga. Rodgers will be extended and that will free up cap, but they could gain more by working deals with these four. If they're not willing to talk, I could see one or more getting the boot.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#44

Posted: March 10, 2018, 7:19 PM Post
Posts: 311
Peavy I really hope you're correct with finding $10-15 million in space. McGinn's sources believe the Packers will be a player for Trumane Johnson. I would look to extend Bulaga.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#45

Posted: March 10, 2018, 8:08 PM Post
Posts: 14591
adambr2 said:
LouisEly said:
Why are people assuming that Sherman will get a big contract? He's had two blown Achillies, and hasn't fully recovered from the second one yet. He isn't getting $10M or anywhere near it.


He has plenty of teams interested, good corners are really pricey and there is plenty of cap space to go around in the league.

No idea how many years he gets but I'd be shocked if he came in at less than 10M a year.


That didn't take long, 3 years and 39M.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#46

Posted: March 10, 2018, 8:14 PM Post
Posts: 1779
I know its a pipedream, but wish we could have pried Gordon off of them too while they are wheeling and dealing everything. I guess it's just the old "Randy Moss-GB" coming out of me.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#47

Posted: March 10, 2018, 8:51 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3782
superfly said:
I know its a pipedream, but wish we could have pried Gordon off of them too while they are wheeling and dealing everything. I guess it's just the old "Randy Moss-GB" coming out of me.


Browns are cutting players from the previous regime they no longer feel fit their style. Gordon is a STUD when his head is on right, which it finally appears to be. They likely could have traded next to nothing for his rights last year at this time, but no one knew if he'd ever be back. But now that he's back in the fold, they expect him to be a legit All-Pro-caliber WR1 next year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#48

Posted: March 10, 2018, 9:54 PM Post
Posts: 1779
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
superfly said:
I know its a pipedream, but wish we could have pried Gordon off of them too while they are wheeling and dealing everything. I guess it's just the old "Randy Moss-GB" coming out of me.


Browns are cutting players from the previous regime they no longer feel fit their style. Gordon is a STUD when his head is on right, which it finally appears to be. They likely could have traded next to nothing for his rights last year at this time, but no one knew if he'd ever be back. But now that he's back in the fold, they expect him to be a legit All-Pro-caliber WR1 next year.


yea, "for now" lol. i truly hope the kid is right in the head now but he's only one bad night away from being donezos.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#49

Posted: March 11, 2018, 10:43 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5440
adambr2 said:
adambr2 said:
LouisEly said:
Why are people assuming that Sherman will get a big contract? He's had two blown Achillies, and hasn't fully recovered from the second one yet. He isn't getting $10M or anywhere near it.


He has plenty of teams interested, good corners are really pricey and there is plenty of cap space to go around in the league.

No idea how many years he gets but I'd be shocked if he came in at less than 10M a year.


That didn't take long, 3 years and 39M.

Reportedly a $5M signing bonus, $2M salary, $2M in roster bonuses, $1M playing time incentive, and $3M Pro Bowl incentive for 2018, the rest back-loaded and unlikely to achieve, so essentially they are committing $9-10M to him for 2018 with $1.67M allocated to 2019 and 2020 salary cap. Sherman hasn't even started running on a treadmill yet.

Another example of why the 49ers have been one of the worst teams in the league the last four years.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#50

Posted: March 11, 2018, 11:20 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8704
There are a bunch of veteran CB's on the market:

Rodgers-Cromartie joins a slew of top-to-mid tier cornerbacks in the free agency pool. Former Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman spent just one day on the market before signing an incentive-laden deal with the San Francisco 49ers. Sans Sherman, Malcolm Butler, Trumaine Johnson, Bashaud Breeland, E.J. Gaines, Brent Grimes, Morris Claiborne and Prince Amukamara lead this season's free-agent cornerback class. Of those top talents, the 31-year-old DRC is older than all of them but Grimes.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#51

Posted: March 11, 2018, 11:59 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2879
Browns add a good WR next to Gordon, a passable QB who at least doesn't throw interceptions, and are a good bet to draft Barkley #1 overall. Randall ain't much, but he's still an addition. That team is going to be real good, real soon.

I'm figuring they'll trade their #1 on draft day to a team who really wants Rosen and pick up a QB with their #4 to play behind Taylor for a year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#52

Posted: March 11, 2018, 12:11 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7618
GAME05 said:
Browns add a good WR next to Gordon, a passable QB who at least doesn't throw interceptions, and are a good bet to draft Barkley #1 overall. Randall ain't much, but he's still an addition. That team is going to be real good, real soon.

I'm figuring they'll trade their #1 on draft day to a team who really wants Rosen and pick up a QB with their #4 to play behind Taylor for a year.


If you look at the AFC North you see a division on the decline. The Bengals and Ravens have average at best QB's on the downside of their careers with little supporting cast and the Steelers will only be good until Big Ben retires in a couple years. The Browns are basically in the same spot the Jaguars were a coupe years ago. While everyone else was on the way down, they were on the way up.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#53

Posted: March 12, 2018, 5:12 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 7479
Mort is reporting that Randall will play safety in Cleveland, not corner. I found that a bit interesting...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#54

Posted: March 12, 2018, 6:00 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5440
Not surprising, it's where he played college. Packers tried to convert him based on his athleticism but it didn't work out.

Packers should have listened to me. I had them going with Eric Kendricks, who according to pro-football-reference.com has the 3rd highest AV of any of the next 34 picks through the end of the 2nd round. My other guy was Malcom Brown, who has the 5th highest AV of any of the next 34 picks.

If the Pack had followed my prediction (going with guys still available) their draft would have looked like this (AV in parenthesis):
1) Eric Kendricks, ILB (23)
2) Jay Ajayi, RB (18)
3) Tyeler Davison, DT (14)
4) Lorenzo Doss, CB (0 - oops)
5) Kyle Emanuel, OLB (14)
6) Amarlo Herrera, ILB (0)
6) Jean Sifrin, TE (0)
6) Jacoby Glenn, CB (1)

Feast or famine, but Kendricks, Ajayi, Davison, and Emanuel would have been a really good draft. CB would still be an issue, but not much worse than what they came out of that draft with.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Damarious Randall to Cleveland Browns
#55

Posted: March 16, 2018, 9:06 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1253
Location: Green Bay, WI
docduany said:
I really dislike this trade. This team is going nowhere when Aaron Rodgers goes down as he did this past season. Back up QB was a lower priority on my want list. Did I want a better back up QB ? Sure. But not at this cost.
Randall is an immature player. He gets hurt multiple times a game. But the last time I checked he was the best corner on a horrible defense that has serious salary cap problems. Randall was a cheap, uber talented starting corner (slot corner is a starting position ) for two more seasons.
So the "guys" didn't care for him? Boo hoo. Shut your mouth and play ball. Big Mike didn't like being challenged? Do your job big boy (you sure as hell defended Haha whom punked out in week 17). They can't afford to give up on cheap talent when they have so many holes to fill with such limited resources. You didn't plug a hole, you made a new in your crummy strating lineup.



One more season. They almost certainly would have declined his 5th year option.

In exchange they move up modestly in two of the mid rounds (including the 1st pick of Day 3), for 3 years of DeShone Kizer. The only thing I don't like about this trade is that it makes a weakness even weaker (which hasn't yet been addressed), but they were going to have to do something anyways considering this was going to be Randall's last year in GB regardless.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 55 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blunt36 and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test