LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 256 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

NFL Draft Thread

Offline  Re: NFL Draft Thread
Posted: April 28, 2018, 12:52 PM Post
paul253 said:
Any chance they grab Falk if he’s there? He could be a guy that nets them a second round pick in a few years. The backup QB position is far from settled. Huntley showed nothing and Kizer has a long way to go.

I’d wait a year before targeting QB. Kizer is fine as a #2 and Hundley will either be 3 or not there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 1:03 PM Post
Global Moderator
Natrell Jamerson to the Saints in the 5th!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: NFL Draft Thread
Posted: April 28, 2018, 1:35 PM Post
homer said:
I don't think you pick a TE just for the sake of picking one if the guys available aren't that good.

The sarcasm was missed...my bad

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 1:55 PM Post
Packers go WR MVS out of USF in 5th...... Tall, long, and can flat out run. Height of Clark, Speed of Davis/Janis. Slight & lean build to him (think Plaxico Burress or even G. Allison). Interesting to see what he offers. Building up perimeter competition on both sides of the ball

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 1:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:
homer said:
I don't think you pick a TE just for the sake of picking one if the guys available aren't that good.

The sarcasm was missed...my bad

Oh, ha! Sorry.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 2:54 PM Post
Global Moderator
Cichy to the Bucs in the 6th.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 2:58 PM Post
Fumagali still out there for the taking...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 3:07 PM Post
Fumagalli went in 5th to Denver.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 3:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
Hard to believe Wadley is still there. You could argue that he’s the second-best pass catching back in the draft behind Barkley.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 3:52 PM Post
Global Moderator
Leon Jacobs to Jacksonville in the 7th.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 5:45 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
Well so far the Packers haven’t had that draft selection that has me scratching my head.

And Gutekunst says, "Hold my Beer!"
- And with the 35th pick of the 5th round of the 2018 NFL draft, the Packers pick, JK Scott, Punter from Alabama.

He actually looks really good. But we just had a very good season from Justin Vogel (11th in net punting). Probably the position that we LEAST needed. That was really unexpected...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 6:19 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
Brew4U said:
Well so far the Packers haven’t had that draft selection that has me scratching my head.

- And with the 35th pick of the 5th round of the 2018 NFL draft, the Packers pick, JK Scott, Punter from Alabama.

He actually looks really good. But we just had a very good season from Justin Vogel (11th in net punting). Probably the position that we LEAST needed. That was really unexpected...

This was my head scratcher did I researched the guy. Seems like he could be a field changer for us. I’m okay with the selection as this draft seemed really weak.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 6:47 PM Post
Global Moderator
I also felt better after reading a bit about him, but it was still a surprise. The rounds 5+ did seem very weak this year.

I remember a punt that Vogel had last year when we were backed up in the endzone and he blasted back to the 30 or 40 yd line. I thought, ok, there is a keeper. He was 11th in punting net last year. And for kicking in GB through Nov/Dec, that is really excellent.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 7:11 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
Brew4U said:

We took him because he can punt, kick, and hold. After the adventures (to put it lightly) we had last year this makes perfect sense to me, especially if he turns out really good. BJ Sander still lingers in my mind though lol

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 8:41 PM Post
If he fails, we can say at least he wasn't drafted in the third round.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2018, 10:14 PM Post
New Packers punter JK Scott says his parents have a lake house near Hayward, WI. His grandmother also lives in Madison. Scott says he was a big Packers fan growing up. Says he has 10 cheeseheads at home.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 256 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply