LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 55 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Marquette Basketball Thread 2019 -20 (Howard returning, Hausers are not)

Online  Marquette Basketball Thread 2019 -20 (Howard returning, Hausers are not)

Posted: April 12, 2019, 4:06 PM Post
Global Moderator
Howard returning for season year.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Marquette Basketball Thread 2019 -20

Posted: April 13, 2019, 8:37 PM Post
I think wojo is right on the hot seat. There is no reason this team shouldn’t be playing in the second weekend of the tournament.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 13, 2019, 11:56 PM Post
homer said:
Howard returning for season year.

This is a little surprising, isn't it? I saw him as a late first/early 2nd round pick and I'm not sure how much he can really improve his stock. I guess if Marquette goes on a run and gets to the elite 8, maybe he shoots up 8-10 spots potentially.

Either way, really good news for Marquette.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 14, 2019, 12:44 AM Post
yes good for the Warriors opps eagles and he has a chance to be one of marquette top scorers

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 10:28 AM Post
I am not surprised. If you aren’t sure you are an1st round pick, you shouldn’t leave. There isn’t much of a market in the nba for sub 6’ players who doesn’t play great defense, no matter how much of a prolific scorer you are.

I think he does have an nba future, but if got taken in the 2nd round, it’s a non-guaranteed contract.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Marquette Basketball Thread 2019 -20

Posted: April 15, 2019, 11:42 AM Post
Global Moderator
Hausers both leaving MU:

http://www.wtmj.com/news/report-sam-and ... 1069221146

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 11:47 AM Post
homer said:

Huge loss for Marquette. Hopefully they transfer to Wisconsin! [smile]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 12:20 PM Post
I don't think it's any coincidence that they leave right after Howard announces that he's staying. Not going to get many chances with a ball hog chucking up 40 shots a night. Wojo's got to be in the hot seat now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 12:51 PM Post
I could see the Hausers going to Wisconsin as a real possibility. They probably watched Wisconsin on TV growing up. Maybe it was always a dream of theirs to play for “their” team. It’s under a two hour drive from Stevens Point to Madison and maybe they want to play together one final season and be able to have their parents attend most of the games. This is (most likely) the last time they ever play together so why not experience what it’s like to play for your home state team that you always dreamed of playing for with your brother.

Happ is also gone now and really opens it up down low for Sam and Joey to go to work. They can both stretch the floor and open up the inside, something they couldn’t do with Happ. Getting the Hausers would make everybody better and create more lanes for guys to drive and dish. Teams wouldn’t be able to clog the lane like they could the last couple years with Happ in the middle. There would be 5 legit shooting threats on the floor at pretty much all times. Wisconsin would have a top 10 team if they got these guys. Possibly top 5.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 1:03 PM Post
Ahh...and there it is. The Marquette Golden Eagles 2019-2020 season. Gone

As for Wisconsin, unless they are determined to stay local seems really unlikely. That is the only fit with Wisconsin...location.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 1:16 PM Post
Shocked they would both transfer the day after Howard declares he is coming back...that's not a good look for the school, the players, nor for the Coach. Especially surprised they would be willing to sit out a year in order to do so.

(Given my college basketball bias, I'll avoid any discussion on their destination.)

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Marquette Basketball Thread 2019 -20 (Howard returning, Hausers are not)

Posted: April 15, 2019, 1:25 PM Post
Can’t Marquette basically block them from Wisconsin?

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Marquette Basketball Thread 2019 -20 (Howard returning, Hausers are not)

Posted: April 15, 2019, 1:25 PM Post
Reports are it has nothing to do with Howard - rumors are that is much more to do with Wojo. Who knows what is true but this is shocking news. Always felt like marquette was an odd fit for them. I think if Bo would have recruited Sam both would be at Madison right now. Feel bad for Marquette fans as this team looked special on paper going into next year

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Marquette Basketball Thread 2019 -20 (Howard returning, Hausers are not)

Posted: April 15, 2019, 1:30 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:

That rule is gone. I think you just can't transfer within your conference. They can go anywhere outside the Big East.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Marquette Basketball Thread 2019 -20

Posted: April 15, 2019, 1:31 PM Post
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:
Ahh...and there it is. The Marquette Golden Eagles 2019-2020 season. Gone

As for Wisconsin, unless they are determined to stay local seems really unlikely. That is the only fit with Wisconsin...location.

Virginia seems to be the front runner. Not too dissimilar a style.

MSU was really on Joey. All depends on who has room.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 1:32 PM Post
homer said:
Brew4U said:

That rule is gone. I think you just can't transfer within your conference. They can go anywhere outside the Big East.

Well then. If Wisconsin screws up chance number two at these guys, fire Gard. Somewhat kidding...

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 1:41 PM Post
They have to sit out a year though, correct? These transfer rules are confusing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 1:44 PM Post
Brew4U said:
They have to sit out a year though, correct? These transfer rules are confusing.

Yes. They will both have to sit out a year. Neither one has enough credits to graduate and be a grad transfer and the other exceptions are very rare

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 2:02 PM Post
Brew4U said:
homer said:
Brew4U said:

Well then. If Wisconsin screws up chance number two at these guys, fire Gard. Somewhat kidding...

Chance 1 wasn't his fault as it was Bo's call to not take Sam. Chance 2 is a clear longshot as they have just been playing for their rivals and Joey probably had to deal with tons of BS grief from idiot UW fans since he picked MU. Both could easily be a bit anti-UW at this point, and it's understandable why. Still they would fit really well IMO.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 2:06 PM Post
And Brad Davison nailing Joey in the junk!!!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 55 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply