LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  [ 629 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Wisconsin Basketball Thread 2019 - 20: BIG TEN CHAMPS & BPI NCAA Champs!

Offline  Re: Wisconsin Basketball Thread 2019 - 20: BIG TEN CHAMPS!!!!!!
Posted: March 18, 2020, 7:15 PM Post
Global Moderator
sdcheezhd said:
stoutdude04 said:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28915817/bpi-projects-how-2020-ncaa-tournament-played-out

Badgers win the simulated BPI title!

Guess they should hang the banner.

Or at least supplement the title of this thread!

Done.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Wisconsin Basketball Thread 2019 - 20: BIG TEN CHAMPS & BPI NCAA Champs!
Posted: March 18, 2020, 7:30 PM Post
Global Moderator
Does this mean that the next Wisconsin team to win a National Championship is, indeed, the Badgers men basketball team? :D

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Wisconsin Basketball Thread 2019 - 20: BIG TEN CHAMPS & BPI NCAA Champs!
Posted: March 18, 2020, 7:31 PM Post
I know the point is anything can happen and there's always surprise upsets everywhere but this simulation felt forced. Dont get me wrong, I love that Bucky won it all but with all four 1 seeds leaving early, this seemed pretty far out there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 18, 2020, 8:30 PM Post
Get em while you can!

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Wisconsin Basketball Thread 2019 - 20: BIG TEN CHAMPS & BPI NCAA Champs!
Posted: March 22, 2020, 1:00 PM Post
I didn't see a general College Basketball thread for this year, but lost in the cancellation of the NCAA tournament was the end of Markus Howard's career at Marquette.

Howard finished 21st all time in points scored in NCAA history. Marquette had at least two more games remaining - at least one on the Big East tournament and at least one in the NCAA or NIT tournament. Had those games been played, Howard would easily have passed JJ Redick for 20th all time (only 8 more points than Howard in his career - and Redick played 12 more games than Howard) and possibly Alan Houston for 19th all-time. With a couple of wins in either the Big East tournament or the NCAA or NIT, if Howard had played four more games he could have passed Larry Bird for 16th all-time and possibly Tyler Hansbrough for 15th all time - Howard played 14 fewer games than Hansbrough, and averaged more PPG than Hansbrough did.

Doug McDermott is 6th all-time in points, but played 17 more games than Howard did. McDermott averaged 21.7 PPG for his career, Howard 21.6 PPG.

Howard was truly a special player, and we were lucky to have been able to watch him play.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 22, 2020, 1:12 PM Post
Global Moderator
LouisEly said:
I didn't see a general College Basketball thread for this year, but lost in the cancellation of the NCAA tournament was the end of Markus Howard's career at Marquette.

Howard finished 21st all time in points scored in NCAA history. Marquette had at least two more games remaining - at least one on the Big East tournament and at least one in the NCAA or NIT tournament. Had those games been played, Howard would easily have passed JJ Redick for 20th all time (only 8 more points than Howard in his career - and Redick played 12 more games than Howard) and possibly Alan Houston for 19th all-time. With a couple of wins in either the Big East tournament or the NCAA or NIT, if Howard had played four more games he could have passed Larry Bird for 16th all-time and possibly Tyler Hansbrough for 15th all time - Howard played 14 fewer games than Hansbrough, and averaged more PPG than Hansbrough did.

Doug McDermott is 6th all-time in points, but played 17 more games than Howard did. McDermott averaged 21.7 PPG for his career, Howard 21.6 PPG.

Howard was truly a special player, and we were lucky to have been able to watch him play.

There was a Marquette thread but no posts since November.
viewtopic.php?f=156&t=38289

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Wisconsin Basketball Thread 2019 - 20: BIG TEN CHAMPS & BPI NCAA Champs!
Posted: March 29, 2020, 12:42 PM Post
LouisEly said:

Talented and all, no question. Yet, I saw him as a complete ball hog, whether it was his fault or not, on a team where he was about forced to shoot more so they had a chance to win. I think he was a big reason why the Hauser boys left. When Howard announced he was staying for his senior year, it didn't take them long to say they were leaving Marquette. Howard's numbers were bound to fill their vacancy. Negative view and all, sure, I guess, but there is a reason he stayed four years without the NBA loudly knocking on his door.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 19, 2020, 12:38 PM Post
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... y-nebraska

So, if not Nebraska, where is Kobe King going?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 19, 2020, 10:12 PM Post
bjkrautk said:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29334793/ex-badger-kobe-king-play-nebraska

So, if not Nebraska, where is Kobe King going?

Probably should just take time away to deal with whatever personal reasons caused him to leave UW & back out on Nebraska. I won’t pretend to know his story or what is going on with him but until whatever it is behind him.... wherever he could end same way.

Wish him best wherever he ends up.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  [ 629 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply