LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Why can't Wisconsin sports fans have nice things?

Offline  Re: Why can't Wisconsin sports fans have nice things?
Posted: September 21, 2020, 9:03 AM Post
Global Moderator
adambr2 said:
HiAndTight said:
adambr2 said:
I always felt even in advance that that Bills road game had a loss all over it. I actually remember telling a buddy of mine weeks in advance that I thought we would beat the Patriots at Lambeau and then lose in Buffalo because he thought that was backwards.

I remember feeling confident that we would surprise the Pats(and we may have if not for an OL returning a kick to our ~5). Don't know that I thought Buffalo would be a threat at that time.

We did beat the Pats in '14. You're thinking of '10. '14 was a great game too.

That Pats game in '14 is in my personal top 2 football games attended in-person. Lambeau was absolutely electric.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 21, 2020, 10:09 AM Post
Global Moderator
I was at that Pats game in '10. No Rodgers, Woodson dropped a certain pick six, the aforementioned squib kick returned by a lineman....and Packers still got all the way down inside the 20 I believe with a chance to win at the end. Great game.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2020, 7:23 PM Post
adambr2 said:
We did beat the Pats in '14. You're thinking of '10. '14 was a great game too.

Yeah, I even went and looked up the game in '14 and it still doesn't ring a bell. I might have gone to it. Honestly games that I go to I don't remember the specifics as well as the games I watch at home.

The game in 2010 was especially memorable to me. Flynn playing and really needing that game(though Jackson's return in the Eagles-Giants game did make it so we could lose that one).

I guess it wasn't just the game, but everything surrounding it. Coughlin losing his mind on that punter, the Packers run...etc...etc...

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Why can't Wisconsin sports fans have nice things?
Posted: September 22, 2020, 8:18 PM Post
I think why I remember the '14 game is because we converted a 3rd down late in the game to seal it and Tom Brady went wild dropping F-bombs on the sideline.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 23, 2020, 4:00 AM Post
adambr2 said:
I think why I remember the '14 game is because we converted a 3rd down late in the game to seal it and Tom Brady went wild dropping F-bombs on the sideline.

Yes, I remember that distinctly.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 9:13 PM Post
adambr2 said:

The game Brady started screaming and dropping F-Bombs on the sideline? Huh...that seems like just about every game I've seen him play. But when he does it, he's "competitive," not a diva...like Rodgers.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply