LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next  [ 424 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 NFL miscellaneous news

Author Message
Offline  2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#1

Posted: September 10, 2019, 8:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6268
Keep the Packers thread to Packers stuff and put other NFL stuff here

Antonio Brown... etc... etc...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#2

Posted: September 10, 2019, 8:37 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 11232
Good idea. Thanks.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#3

Posted: September 11, 2019, 3:38 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 4960
Maybe just keep the Brown stuff completely off the site? [laughing]

Man I hate drama queens.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#4

Posted: September 11, 2019, 5:34 AM Post
Posts: 4196
For real though, does this surprise anyone?

I'm not a bit Steven A Smith fan....but I do love when he taunts Cowboys fans and says, "they're an accident waiting to happen." That should be in larger font and all caps, but you get the idea. That's what Brown is turning into.

That this came out the night before he was supposed to practice with the Pats is...just perfect from a anti-Patriots, superficial POV. Far more serious issues here, but Brown is not a guy I'm pulling for.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#5

Posted: September 11, 2019, 6:00 AM Post
Posts: 4196
CheezWizHed said:
Maybe just keep the Brown stuff completely off the site? [laughing]

Man I hate drama queens.



It's like running a entertainment site and not talking about Charlie Sheen back when he was having his breakdown. I mean...you could just say don't talk about it. I'll respect it, but c'mon, have you ever seen a guy fall like this? From the greatest in his prime, arguably the best WR'er since Rice to a guy who might never play again.


I do have to say, I find the way the lawyer released it to be a TINY bit manipulative. Something about how he met her at a Prayer group that she regularly attended and then he mentioned multiple times that she was watching a service on her Ipad.

That said, she apparently told Brown's Chef what happened...which is what set Brown off with the texts out there and now his chef is suing him;

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/flori ... -fish-head

She also apparently told a former DA who dealt with sexual crimes, who suspected something was wrong(so goes the story thus far) who told recommended she get counselling and get a lawyer in case she ever wanted to move forward a while ago.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#6

Posted: September 11, 2019, 7:46 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8505
I'll just say what is with football players and their antics? Not just Brown and other DV stuff. OBJ got fined for wearing a watch during the game. It was a $100,000+ watch and he said he will continue to do it because it's an expensive watch so he needs to wear it all the time.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#7

Posted: September 11, 2019, 7:50 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 4960
So, who does he sue when someone smashes the watch on a helmet? Or does he just alligator arm any ball when defenders are near enough that he can't run out of bounds?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#8

Posted: September 11, 2019, 7:53 AM Post
Posts: 140
At the end of the Saints-Texans game, the WR makes the catch and hits the ground with two seconds left, and the DB touches him down. If the DB hadn't touched him, would the Saints have been able to call the timeout? I can't remember a situation where a team tries to call a timeout while the play is still live, but not sure if the ref would have considered the play live since the WR kind of gave himself up by hitting the ground right away. Just curious about what would have happened if the DB had not "tackled" him right away.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#9

Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:29 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10050
PrestigeWorldwide said:
At the end of the Saints-Texans game, the WR makes the catch and hits the ground with two seconds left, and the DB touches him down. If the DB hadn't touched him, would the Saints have been able to call the timeout? I can't remember a situation where a team tries to call a timeout while the play is still live, but not sure if the ref would have considered the play live since the WR kind of gave himself up by hitting the ground right away. Just curious about what would have happened if the DB had not "tackled" him right away.


If a receivers gives himself up, the play should be blown dead, regardless of if he's touched.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#10

Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:51 AM Post
Posts: 12557
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
PrestigeWorldwide said:
At the end of the Saints-Texans game, the WR makes the catch and hits the ground with two seconds left, and the DB touches him down. If the DB hadn't touched him, would the Saints have been able to call the timeout? I can't remember a situation where a team tries to call a timeout while the play is still live, but not sure if the ref would have considered the play live since the WR kind of gave himself up by hitting the ground right away. Just curious about what would have happened if the DB had not "tackled" him right away.


If a receivers gives himself up, the play should be blown dead, regardless of if he's touched.


Yah, this is by definition how it is. The DB is still stupid for touching him...you should just hope the refs let it go. That being said I think it is highly unlikely the refs would allow 2 seconds to burn off and call the game in that situation. They likely would correct it and add the time back on. Who knows though...the DB made it really easy.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#11

Posted: September 11, 2019, 10:41 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 13817
Location: Milwaukee, WI
I think we should ban the WR position until they can figure their crap out.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#12

Posted: September 11, 2019, 10:50 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10050
Brew4U said:
I think we should ban the WR position until they can figure their crap out.


This is why guys like Davante Adams are worth their weight in gold. No drama, no diva issues. Just shows up and plays. Donald Driver was very similar, as was Greg Jennings until the end when he went off the rails. Jordy ... Cobb. The position tends to attract some pretty toxic egos. Packer fans should consider themselves lucky that they've avoided those types for the most part.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#13

Posted: September 11, 2019, 12:15 PM Post
Posts: 4196
jerichoholicninja said:
I'll just say what is with football players and their antics? Not just Brown and other DV stuff. OBJ got fined for wearing a watch during the game. It was a $100,000+ watch and he said he will continue to do it because it's an expensive watch so he needs to wear it all the time.



You're totally conflating things here.

OBJ is wearing an expensive watch, the same type Federer plays with while playing tennis. A high-high end fit bit essentially.
What's wrong with that?

Antonio Brown the day after the accusation; "You made me feel like a rapist." How does SHE make HIM feel that way? Though going off his text, I doubt he spelled any of those words right. He literally admitted in that text to assaulting her in a specific way while she was sleeping and laughed about it.

Very different than OBJ wearing a watch during a game.

Athletes in the NFL commit domestic violence at a lower rate than the general public. This is is just AB who's doing this.

Also, she told Brown's chef the following day. His chef quit not long after and one chef is suing him(not sure if it's the same chef though).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#14

Posted: September 11, 2019, 12:18 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 11232
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew4U said:
I think we should ban the WR position until they can figure their crap out.


This is why guys like Davante Adams are worth their weight in gold. No drama, no diva issues. Just shows up and plays. Donald Driver was very similar, as was Greg Jennings until the end when he went off the rails. Jordy ... Cobb. The position tends to attract some pretty toxic egos. Packer fans should consider themselves lucky that they've avoided those types for the most part.


I'm not sure it's just wide receivers. I think it's equal opportunity across positions.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#15

Posted: September 11, 2019, 12:19 PM Post
Posts: 4196
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew4U said:
I think we should ban the WR position until they can figure their crap out.


This is why guys like Davante Adams are worth their weight in gold. No drama, no diva issues. Just shows up and plays. Donald Driver was very similar, as was Greg Jennings until the end when he went off the rails. Jordy ... Cobb. The position tends to attract some pretty toxic egos. Packer fans should consider themselves lucky that they've avoided those types for the most part.



Even Jennings didn't really do anything. It was his sister.

It seems like the great WR'ers are just complete Diva's or they're really quiet. Lets not forget the Fitzgerald's, the Hopkins, Landry, Andre/Calvin Johnson, both of the studs in Minnesota right now, Julio Jones, AJ Green, JuJu, even OBJ at worst is flashy.

Antonio Brown is just over the top and not even the outlier in Football, but in all of sports. I mean, just what he wrote in his texts...c'mon man.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#16

Posted: September 11, 2019, 2:39 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 4960
I remember when Sterling Sharpe was considered a diva because he wouldn't talk to the press... Ha. He wouldn't even make page 3 anymore compared to some out there.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#17

Posted: September 11, 2019, 2:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2023
MrTPlush said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
PrestigeWorldwide said:
At the end of the Saints-Texans game, the WR makes the catch and hits the ground with two seconds left, and the DB touches him down. If the DB hadn't touched him, would the Saints have been able to call the timeout? I can't remember a situation where a team tries to call a timeout while the play is still live, but not sure if the ref would have considered the play live since the WR kind of gave himself up by hitting the ground right away. Just curious about what would have happened if the DB had not "tackled" him right away.


If a receivers gives himself up, the play should be blown dead, regardless of if he's touched.


Yah, this is by definition how it is. The DB is still stupid for touching him...you should just hope the refs let it go. That being said I think it is highly unlikely the refs would allow 2 seconds to burn off and call the game in that situation. They likely would correct it and add the time back on. Who knows though...the DB made it really easy.

I would have to rewatch it to be sure but I feel like the refs were starting to blow it dead when the db went over to touch him.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#18

Posted: September 11, 2019, 3:04 PM Post
Posts: 12557
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when the Patriots people saw the AB news...I bet it was just stellar not BF.net allowable language.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#19

Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:02 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8505
HiAndTight said:
jerichoholicninja said:
I'll just say what is with football players and their antics? Not just Brown and other DV stuff. OBJ got fined for wearing a watch during the game. It was a $100,000+ watch and he said he will continue to do it because it's an expensive watch so he needs to wear it all the time.



You're totally conflating things here.

OBJ is wearing an expensive watch, the same type Federer plays with while playing tennis. A high-high end fit bit essentially.
What's wrong with that?

Antonio Brown the day after the accusation; "You made me feel like a rapist." How does SHE make HIM feel that way? Though going off his text, I doubt he spelled any of those words right. He literally admitted in that text to assaulting her in a specific way while she was sleeping and laughed about it.

Very different than OBJ wearing a watch during a game.

Athletes in the NFL commit domestic violence at a lower rate than the general public. This is is just AB who's doing this.

Also, she told Brown's chef the following day. His chef quit not long after and one chef is suing him(not sure if it's the same chef though).


The point is act like a somewhat mature and responsible adult. The league said you can't wear a watch because it's a safety issue. I side with OBJ that it's not any more of a safety issue then what most other players wear but so what, don't wear the watch or shut your mouth and pay the fine. He's clearly just trying to draw some attention to himself for whatever reason. Like so much of the other crap some NFL players do, act like petulant children to get attention for whatever reason. Same with all the physical altercations players get into (with men and women) off the field. Act like an adult, don't hit people.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
#20

Posted: September 12, 2019, 4:31 AM Post
Posts: 4196
jerichoholicninja said:

The point is act like a somewhat mature and responsible adult. The league said you can't wear a watch because it's a safety issue. I side with OBJ that it's not any more of a safety issue then what most other players wear but so what, don't wear the watch or shut your mouth and pay the fine. He's clearly just trying to draw some attention to himself for whatever reason. Like so much of the other crap some NFL players do, act like petulant children to get attention for whatever reason. Same with all the physical altercations players get into (with men and women) off the field. Act like an adult, don't hit people.



I didn't know he got fined yet and I didn't think the league had actually said anything to him...but I can't say that with too much confidence as I just don't care enough to look. I thought it was people noticing the watch and then wondering if OBJ would get in trouble for it. I have noticed that the price of this watch keeps going up. It was 190K to start with and now it's up to 350K. So maybe the company should pay the fine! To me this is more the NFL. I remember them fining Urlacher 100K for wearing a Hat to a press conference or something years ago when he was the best defensive player in the league.

I do think it's hilarious how OBJ is just sitting there whining about "why is everyone talking about me!" Shut up...it's what you live on.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next  [ 424 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fear The Chorizo, homer, lcbj68c, OldSchoolSnapper, remfire, young guns, yourout and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test