LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next  [ 398 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 NFL miscellaneous news

Offline  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
Posted: November 14, 2019, 9:22 PM Post
This whole Kap "workout" thing is hilarious. Just a real joke by all parties involved. Colin should have refused to participate and the NFL couldn't be any more transparent with their intentions behind it. They might as well have invited Antonio Brown to it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 9:26 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
This whole Kap "workout" thing is hilarious. Just a real joke by all parties involved. Colin should have refused to participate and the NFL couldn't be any more transparent with their intentions behind it. They might as well have invited Antonio Brown to it.

I was thinking the same. Just a pathetic PR move they don’t even really need to do. Just weird.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 10:57 PM Post
Global Moderator
So Myles Garrett is getting suspended...

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 11:47 PM Post
homer said:
So Myles Garrett is getting suspended...

That entire situation needs careful review. What was Rudolpf doing? Was his hand caught in Garretts helmet or just playing dirty? Garrett needs to get a LONG suspension and fine. Pouncy kicking Garrett on the ground and Ogunjobi with the blindside shove. NFL needs to come down hard!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
Posted: November 15, 2019, 2:24 AM Post
That was an intense brawl. I don’t see any way Garrett is not suspended the rest of the season at the least. Pouncey I don’t think should be suspended, but I’m sure he will get suspended something like 4 games. He definitely played a part in the brawl, but what do you expect a guy to do when an opponent yanked off your QB’s helmet and smashed him over the head with it? To stand around and do nothing? Obviously guys are going to step in and retaliate in some way when something that extreme happens to a teammate. I just think at some point you use common sense and say it was in defense of a teammate and with what happened to him, his teammates have the right to stand up to that behavior.

That’s like a person attacking you on the street and beating you up, you hit them back, and you’re getting arrested too. That wouldn’t happen. It’s self defense. You’re protecting a teammate in this situation and it should be looked at in that way.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 7:03 AM Post
Pouncey did more damange to his suspension with those kicks to the head than the swings. I think he would've gotten a game otherwise

Jack is crazy. He shouldn't play another game this year. Rudolph should get it too. Certainly looked like he was trying to yank a helmet off.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 7:50 AM Post
Rudolph deserves a suspension himself for trying to take a players helmet off....or at least a fine of some sort. To be honest he got what he deserved as far as getting his helmet ripped off...maybe dragging him around like a rag doll was a bit much, but I think he definitely had it coming his way after he tried to do the same. Now hitting him with the helmet...quite inexcusable. That just not right and should come with a lengthy suspension.

Though I do think it is interesting that just because this was after a play the entire NFL community is up in arms about he could have died etc....yet fans/players rarely bat an eye on the vicious and intentional helmet to helmet hits every week. The biggest concern is the 15 yard penalty going for/against you. Not the fact those are the worst injuries in football and lead to long term brain injuries. Just assault people with your helmet during the play....all good then.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 8:07 AM Post
The community should be up in arms because helmet to flesh is a bit different and it took place WELL after a play. I need to see it again though. A bunch of people are saying Rudolph's hands got stuck in the helmet, but it sure looked when I first watched that he was clearly trying to rip it off. Which is insane, anyone ever seen Myles Garrett? Of all the guys to screw with...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 8:43 AM Post
They’ll give Garrett a 6 game suspension, he’ll appeal it down to 4 and then people will outraged (rightfully) that the length of the suspension is equivalent to a drug violation.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 8:50 AM Post
I think they're going to come down extremely hard on him. I don't think he's playing again this season. Dude swung a helmet and made contact with a guy's unprotected head. They can't play the head protection game and then let him off even remotely easy. Everyone saw it on national television, not like we are reading a police report.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 9:00 AM Post
Yah, the reaction among people/players is really bad. With how sensitive the NFL is to public opinion I somewhat expect a season ending suspension. They will look like valiant heroes for taking him out. We are already so far into the season the 4-6 minimum you would expect is close enough to the end of the year you may as well just drop the hammer.

At the same time Burfict gave quite a few serious brain injuries to people before they gave him that treatment. Different context as it was during the game, but intention was the same.

Last edited by MrTPlush on November 15, 2019, 9:03 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 9:01 AM Post
bucks2281 said:
They’ll give Garrett a 6 game suspension, he’ll appeal it down to 4 and then people will outraged (rightfully) that the length of the suspension is equivalent to a drug violation.

Yep, call me cynical but I don't see the NFL actually giving a season ending suspension for a fight. They are too afraid of setting a precedent and then looking bad when they don't hand it down on one of their star QB's or an equivalent player. I can only remember Suh stomping on a packer and Charles Martin, had anyone ever really been suspended long term for a fight or cheap shot?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 9:07 AM Post
Global Moderator
This goes beyond a fight or a cheap shot. Swinging a helmet at a dude's exposed head is unprecedented. The Browns can head this off by just suspending him right away and not waiting for the league to do it. The league can deal with Pouncey et al.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 9:15 AM Post
This is far beyond the stomp or a normal cheap shot late spear tackle. You could legitimately kill a person hitting them in the head with a helmet like that. I don't see any way there is less than he's out for the year. His teammates are distancing themselves from him in every interview.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 NFL miscellaneous news
Posted: November 15, 2019, 9:28 AM Post
Myles Garrett used to be on the minor league hockey circuit. Took his skate off once and tried to stab a guy.

All kidding aside. This is absurd. Guy swung a weapon at his exposed head. I really couldn't care less if Rudolph did try to take Garrett's helmet off. Garrett DID take Rudolph's off and then clubbed him with it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 9:36 AM Post
This is an easy rest of season suspension, no doubt.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 9:38 AM Post
Goodell has quite the track record of screwing up player discipline/suspensions, but we shall see.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 10:54 AM Post
I guess I don't see it as that much different than repeated haymakers to an exposed head, you can kill someone doing that too. There have been plenty of viscous brawls in sports. Go check out the Minnesota- Ohio State basketball game in the 70's. Guys got kicked out of school for that but even back then there was controversy that Dave Winfield got off easy. Don't get me wrong, I think he should be at least out for the season, I just think the NFL will find a way to make it 6 reduced to 4. We will see, I did hear on the radio that there was a Miami player swinging his helmet around against FSU a few years ago.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 10:55 AM Post
Well Garrett was suspended for at least the rest of the season and playoffs, Pouncey 3 games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 11:09 AM Post
I do see it as different than punching. The same way that I think fist fighting with a dude in the street and hitting him in the head with a baseball bat are different. This is closer to the latter. Suspension is what I expected. Pouncey's is probably appealed down to 1 game. Garrett should take it and sit down.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next  [ 398 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply