LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 165 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Miscellaneous college football news

Offline  Re: 2019 Miscellaneous college football news
Posted: August 16, 2020, 2:56 AM Post
JosephC said:
So I take it since it's too dangerous to play football, and 1000 cases a day just show that the virus is still running crazy through society, that we all can have a consensus agreement that the NFL needs to cancel their season or at least delay it until next spring.

Here is a pretty good article about how NFL team's are dealing with myocarditis issue-
https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-rave ... ncern.html

1,000 DEATHS per day. Not just cases.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 Miscellaneous college football news
Posted: August 18, 2020, 1:20 PM Post
Some dude on twitter going all higheat saying big ten going to reinstate season from his source.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 18, 2020, 2:04 PM Post
Global Moderator
stoutdude04 said:
Some dude on twitter going all higheat saying big ten going to reinstate season from his source.

Everything I've heard says they're considering a January start, but I haven't heard anything credible beyond that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 18, 2020, 4:50 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
stoutdude04 said:

Everything I've heard says they're considering a January start, but I haven't heard anything credible beyond that.

Same. This guy is doing the same thing Highheat did. Doubling down as it started to gain some traction from bigger blogs/people(pat McAfee, big cat from barstool, etc)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 18, 2020, 5:41 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
January would be the smart move. I'm sure the SEC/ACC will be joining them eventually, but they will probably try to play a week or two before that happens.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 18, 2020, 7:56 PM Post
Global Moderator
January start for Big10 football would be pretty brutal. Does anyone have an indoor stadium? Badgers at Miller Park?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 18, 2020, 8:00 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
January start for Big10 football would be pretty brutal. Does anyone have an indoor stadium? Badgers at Miller Park?

Probably would play all of the games in Indianapolis.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 18, 2020, 8:02 PM Post
Global Moderator
The Gophers could play at US Bank. The Vikings don't play any meaningful games there in January anyway... [wink]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 19, 2020, 2:26 PM Post
Anyone who thinks the COVID situation is going to drastically change for the better in the next few months is kidding themselves. Any sports (high school, college, pro) cancelled for fall are going to be cancelled in winter or spring for the same reason.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 19, 2020, 3:54 PM Post
I think it's feasible a lot could be better by the new year or early spring. Generally speaking I agree the area we've been hovering for a couple months now seems like it's gonna be that way for a while. But I do think the 3-4 hotspot states have had some declines (shocker, closing everything and wearing masks helped) the last few weeks, so there is hope there too. But yea in general a testing breakthrough has to happen so people can quickly and easily get tested almost daily for like a month to just flush it out. Or of course some kind of vaccine.

Guess that was a long way to say, I do think they should contingency plan for something, if it falls through so be it. 8 weeks with first game start of Feb with 1 bye and a conf title game gets done by early/mid April. Try to backload home games for the coldest states to the end, idk. I think someone mentioned in the recent tweets the JAn plan somehow involved playing indoors? Like maybe share all games between MN, Det, Indy somehow?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 19, 2020, 4:00 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Anyone who thinks the COVID situation is going to drastically change for the better in the next few months is kidding themselves. Any sports (high school, college, pro) cancelled for fall are going to be cancelled in winter or spring for the same reason.

Keep thinking positive!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 19, 2020, 4:19 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
I think it's feasible a lot could be better by the new year or early spring. Generally speaking I agree the area we've been hovering for a couple months now seems like it's gonna be that way for a while. But I do think the 3-4 hotspot states have had some declines (shocker, closing everything and wearing masks helped) the last few weeks, so there is hope there too. But yea in general a testing breakthrough has to happen so people can quickly and easily get tested almost daily for like a month to just flush it out. Or of course some kind of vaccine.

Guess that was a long way to say, I do think they should contingency plan for something, if it falls through so be it. 8 weeks with first game start of Feb with 1 bye and a conf title game gets done by early/mid April. Try to backload home games for the coldest states to the end, idk. I think someone mentioned in the recent tweets the JAn plan somehow involved playing indoors? Like maybe share all games between MN, Det, Indy somehow?

US Bank..............66655.... Minneapolis
Americans Center..66000....St Louis
Ford Field............65000....Detroit
Lucas Stadium.....62421.....Indianapolis
Miller Park...........41900.....Milwaukee
UNI Dome...........16324.....Cedar Falls Iowa
Dakota Dome......10000......Vermillion SD

There are a lot of places to play, just not many toward the east coast.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 19, 2020, 7:08 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:

You need to put the political coefficient into the equation. Ahhhh... but that is for a different board [tongue]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 19, 2020, 11:08 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:

I think anyone who thinks they can predict what's going to happen in another 6-9 months with ANY level of confidence is also kidding themselves.

You have the entire world working on making one vaccine at the moment.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 19, 2020, 11:19 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:

Didn't he suggest playing in the "most Southern stadiums first?" Like the first two weeks would be in the most Southern Stadiums?

Beacuse it's a balmy 30 degrees in NeBraska? I mean...maybe Maryland is warmer(I'd assume). And I don't know if Lincoln is further South than say Columbus or Springfield, it just feels like it is and if it isn't...I'm sure the difference is negligible and it's not gonna be warm in those places either.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2020, 8:27 PM Post
Samurai Bucky said:
jerichoholicninja said:

You need to put the political coefficient into the equation. Ahhhh... but that is for a different board [tongue]

You're right though. November will decide the COVID situation, whether by perception or reality. And I'll let everyone interpret that how they want. As for sports, the virus isn't just going to completely disappear in a couple months. Putting athletes in constant close physical contact with each other just isn't going to be happening anytime soon.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 21, 2020, 11:52 AM Post
Mr Southpaw said:
US Bank..............66655.... Minneapolis
Americans Center..66000....St Louis
Ford Field............65000....Detroit
Lucas Stadium.....62421.....Indianapolis
Miller Park...........41900.....Milwaukee
UNI Dome...........16324.....Cedar Falls Iowa
Dakota Dome......10000......Vermillion SD

There are a lot of places to play, just not many toward the east coast.

Good call... on the first four at least:

https://247sports.com/Article/Big-Ten-football-Winter-plan-spring-season-150511381/

Looks like multiple games per day per site. 14 teams, so seven games, two games per location per day with one game for one location. Biggest reason they think it's feasible is the implementation of the saliva test, so that all players could get tested the day of the game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 21, 2020, 1:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
I really doubt they will be playing at Miller Park. They won't be playing on the grass (as it won't grow in winter). Putting down a temporary artificial turf makes me think they will have the Philadelphia Eagle's old field (hard, causing injuries, etc).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 21, 2020, 8:35 PM Post
A football field won't fit in Miller Park. That was big news when they built it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 21, 2020, 9:20 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
A football field won't fit in Miller Park. That was big news when they built it.

I believe it can. It hosts soccer games and well there was this in 2009.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 165 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply