LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 165 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Miscellaneous college football news

Offline  Re: 2019 Miscellaneous college football news
Posted: August 30, 2020, 2:19 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
I just didn't see the rush to cancel two weeks ago. Should've moved back to late Sept (easy to do with the shortened schedules) and then waited to see what happens once schools start. Really a decision wouldn't need to be made until mid Sept then. The new quick test approved was a big help that could help make this happen.

Sure, they could have kept going. But remember...most believed that the Summer would be the time frame when the virus was at it's best and the fall was going to be worse than the initial outbreak.

I'm still pretty skeptical that they'll end up playing, even with their reversal(or what appears to be a reversal).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2020, 6:50 AM Post
The true test will come over the next month and two main events.

1. Kids going back to school.
2. Furnaces coming on.

Arizona was one of the biggest spikes in summer. Right during peak heat, that causes central air units to work overtime and people to pile indoors. You know, like the opposite reflection of what winter does to Big 10 cities with cold. I don’t see sports maintaining during late fall/winter months in the north.

Time will tell, but WINTER IS COMING!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2020, 9:31 AM Post
HiAndTight said:
tmwiese55 said:
I just didn't see the rush to cancel two weeks ago. Should've moved back to late Sept (easy to do with the shortened schedules) and then waited to see what happens once schools start. Really a decision wouldn't need to be made until mid Sept then. The new quick test approved was a big help that could help make this happen.

Sure, they could have kept going. But remember...most believed that the Summer would be the time frame when the virus was at it's best and the fall was going to be worse than the initial outbreak.

I'm still pretty skeptical that they'll end up playing, even with their reversal(or what appears to be a reversal).

Yea I'm skeptical on it too and skeptical on the others too. Just generally didn't see the rush to do it back then, shortened season allowed them to kick the can another month. I'd still guess others get cancelled too, or should be eventually even if they don't actually do it. Take a look at U of Bama right now, this is pretty much what B1G was worried about. But the SEC just wants football so bad.

I'd generally take it as the football itself wasn't the big issue. You could test (the new one would be a big help) and massively isolate the team from the rest of campus and make it work. But then they'd be being singled out to allow remote classes when others are in person, or when everyone else eventually gets made fully remote and goes home you'd still be having them on campus. Again singling them out as different. then tack on the liability issues.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2020, 11:14 AM Post
owbc said:
I'll laugh so hard if Nebraska and Iowa end up being the only states that fail to meet the criteria.

That might not be far from the truth. Iowa has the most cases per capita in the Midwest and the early Chicago outbreak is the only thing keeping Nebraska out of the No. 2 spot.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2020, 1:49 PM Post
Apparently, NCAA football players can now wear the jersey number zero. I’m watching Texas vs. Oklahoma right now and had to Google it after seeing multiple players wearing #0. It looks strange.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 165 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply