LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 60 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 NFL Trade Deadline

Offline  2019 NFL Trade Deadline

Posted: October 01, 2019, 12:35 PM Post
The NFL trade deadline is Tuesday, October 29th at 4pm. While the NFL action pales in comparison to what we see in MLB, and the Packers have tended to not do deadline trades in recent years, what are some targets that could entice the team to pull the trigger on?

One name that's been mentioned a few times has been Emmanuel Sanders. With Denver starting out 0-4 and Sanders in the final year of his contract, he's a guy that may make some sense for a late round pick with the depth issues at the position in Green Bay.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 NFL Trade Deadline

Posted: October 01, 2019, 12:40 PM Post
I've also heard Patrick Peterson (CB), Corey Davis (WR) and A.J. Green (WR) mentioned other places. Not sure if there's a great need for a WR myself. I think Valdes-Scantling and Allison have looked pretty good. Peterson makes a lot of sense if he can be had for a mid-round pick.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 12:49 PM Post
They should try to nab AJ Green if he's healthy. What a huge piece that could be for this offense.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 1:52 PM Post
They need a slot WR if anything. Watching the Cowboys it sucks not having a reliable/good slot receiver (Cobb). I don't hate the current group of guys, but none really excel in the slot. Not saying they should have brought Cobb back, but I think they lack a dimension on offense without a guy in that form. Allison, to me, is not a slot guy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 2:03 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
They need a slot WR if anything. Watching the Cowboys it sucks not having a reliable/good slot receiver (Cobb). I don't hate the current group of guys, but none really excel in the slot. Not saying they should have brought Cobb back, but I think they lack a dimension on offense without a guy in that form. Allison, to me, is not a slot guy.

I think they were kind of banking on Kumerow being that guy, but he's been hurt.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 2:11 PM Post
What has Cobb done to make you miss him?

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 2:25 PM Post
Brew4U said:
What has Cobb done to make you miss him?

He plays the slot, something we don't really have. I don't really miss him specifically per say...I usually don't miss injury prone players too much. He has been big for the Cowboys as a slot receiver though.

Middle of the field just feels like it is missing someone. Graham is fine, but he is a TE and doesn't move off the line too fast. Allison was touted as a guy perfect for the LaFleur offense as a slot...can't say that has happened.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 NFL Trade Deadline

Posted: October 01, 2019, 2:40 PM Post
I like Cobb and wish the Packers would have brought him back on the same 1-year/$5 million deal he got with the Cowboys, but calling him ‘reliable’ is a stretch.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 5:09 PM Post
Well, depending on Bulaga's health, a RT might not be a bad idea. Or an ILB. I'd put both of those over a WR or TE.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 7:52 PM Post
Brew4U said:
They should try to nab AJ Green if he's healthy. What a huge piece that could be for this offense.

He is a nice target if healthy & I like the idea of AJ Green playing in a division other than the AFC North.
But how much are the Packers willing to give up and why is Cinci looking to deal Green??

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:45 PM Post
Green is a UFA at seasons end.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 10:01 PM Post
MadThinker88 said:
Brew4U said:

He is a nice target if healthy & I like the idea of AJ Green playing in a division other than the AFC North.
But how much are the Packers willing to give up and why is Cinci looking to deal Green??

Green is basically a rental, and the Bengals are terrible. It makes perfect sense to sell him to the highest bidder.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 02, 2019, 3:33 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
MadThinker88 said:
Brew4U said:

Green is basically a rental, and the Bengals are terrible. It makes perfect sense to sell him to the highest bidder.

They’ll likely get a 3rd rounder as compensation if he leaves, so I assume the asking price would be at least a 3rd rounder (which converts the uncertainty of a compensatory to a known commodity).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 02, 2019, 8:09 AM Post
nodakfan17 said:
They’ll likely get a 3rd rounder as compensation if he leaves, so I assume the asking price would be at least a 3rd rounder (which converts the uncertainty of a compensatory to a known commodity).

Yep. I could see him going for a 3rd rounder if he gets healthy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 02, 2019, 11:29 AM Post
The draft pick for losing Green would be a 2021 pick, while a trade now would almost certainly be for a 2020 pick (plus you remove him from the comp pick formula equation if Cincy went wild in free agency). They are definitely better off right now moving him. But I'm sure it'll take a 4th from New England and it'll get done because teams absolutely love to help the Pats get better for some reason.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2019, 10:20 AM Post
Just a few hours left to go. There seems to have been more activity this year than in recent memory, but so far no action that includes the Packers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2019, 10:26 AM Post
Point Beer Is Best said:
Just a few hours left to go. There seems to have been more activity this year than in recent memory, but so far no action that includes the Packers.

I think if they make a move today, the name will be an underwhelming sort like ILBs Preston Brown (Bengals) or Alec Ogletree (Giants). Those hoping for a big name WR I think are going to be disappointed. Of course, Gute is much more unpredictable than TT.

Last edited by Joey Meyer Bombs on October 29, 2019, 10:51 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2019, 10:45 AM Post
I’d welcome some underwhelming moves. They have three extra late round picks in 2020 (from Trevor Davis, Reggie Gilbert, and Ty Montgomery) and I’d like to see them use those picks to upgrade their depth for a playoff run.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2019, 10:49 AM Post
Global Moderator
I'd be cool with an MLB and a return guy.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2019, 12:55 PM Post
I never quite understand why NFL teams don't just unload their players at the trade deadline when they have no chance in competing. I mean, why not grab as many picks and such as you can for players that have no future with you?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 60 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply