LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 194 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Game 5: Packers @ Cowboys - Sunday, October 6th 3:25PM

Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Cowboys - Sunday, October 6th 3:25PM
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:04 PM Post
Teams coming back like that is a regular occurrence so that alone doesn't bother me all that much, that's the modern NFL. You can be flagged back into a three score game in minutes. I see it every week. If you're competent at all on offense going down 20 points seems to all but assure a tense finish. It's become like the NBA in that regard. That said, for scoring 34 points there's just a lot that feels missing. No secondary target has really stepped up for Rodgers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:04 PM Post
homer said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Feel about the same as I did coming in. Defense has issues and offense needs a receiver not named Adams to step up.

Of course you do.

Yeah, I think you need to just kinda laugh these IGT's off. 4-1 with a brutal schedule to start the season and it really feels like we're just a garbage team.

We beat the Cowboys pretty easily on the road. They got a lot of empty yards and a couple of late scores...and the offense is still very clearly a work in progress. It's really just that simple. But if you're not just rolling over teams, these threads are just toxic.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Cowboys - Sunday, October 6th 3:25PM
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:08 PM Post
Global Moderator
4 - 1 and we haven't seen their best yet. Obviously they have warts.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:09 PM Post
adambr2 said:
HiAndTight said:
adambr2 said:
Gary is absolutely useless.

Are you serious? [rolling eyes]

No, he's fine, it was a bad choice of words. Was pretty pissed about him committing that penalty in that situation trying to close the game out and committed an IGT overreaction.

I figured. I actually think he should be playing more. He's among(or was) the league leaders in pressures per snap...but he's played so few.

Honestly, my only complaint...Rodgers just doesn't seem to give his receivers a chance. There were a few plays where he just missed guys. Allison had a guy beat when they got a DPI that could have been a TD. He missed Allison again when he was running a post...

He just requires far too much trust before he gives them a chance. Tonyan making that big catch and then going down with an injury was pretty disappointing. Still waiting for him to break out.

I think people who want to see us add a WR'er or TE are going to be disappointed. It takes Rodgers about 2 years to start trusting guys. He's not going to do it in a new offense in the the middle of the season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:10 PM Post
homer said:

Yeah, they're good, I do think that. I'd just like to see them finish a game. It's frustrating to watch.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:11 PM Post
Whew, I had no hope we would recover onside kick as clueless as our kickoff coverage has been, not even sure who our hands guys are. Big road win, cancels out the loss to the Eagles. Rodgers looking a lot better, we may be pretty good if we can stay healthy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:13 PM Post
homer said:

Yep. I said before the season I'd be happy if they had 4 wins after the KC game given how tough the schedule was to start the season.

Also...Jenkins is an absolute ANIMAL. I wasn't real thrilled to see the Packers take a center 44th overall, but he's just a mauler. So-so-so much better than Taylor. Able to get to the second level and make holes for Jones.

Bulaga just almost completely shut down Lawrence today, one of the best DE's in the league.

I hate the cliche, but next week is a "trap game." The Lions have played well and it's always tough at home. But Bears lose, we beat the Cowboys, pretty big for tie breakers and what not.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:18 PM Post
Just a brutal stretch coming up. I'm not a big believer in Dallas at all but the Packers next five games are teams over .500 with the exception of the Chargers. The schedule will not be the reason the Packers into the playoffs this year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:19 PM Post
I dont think there's anything trappy about the Lions. They have looked good. No reason to assume a win there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:19 PM Post
homer said:

I agree. Pre-season, if we could get through MLF's first five games at 2-3, I would have been tickled. Instead it's 4-1 and they could have been 5-0 with a few breaks against Philly. They still get detroit twice, the Raiders, giants, redskins, bears at home, which I think they will be favored in all of those. Panthers at home and Niners after a bye. I think 10 wins, an NFC North Title and a home playoff game aren't out of the question.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:20 PM Post
adambr2 said:
homer said:

Yeah, they're good, I do think that. I'd just like to see them finish a game. It's frustrating to watch.

Definitely sloppy. Losing Savage is brutal. But when you get a 31-3 lead, teams tend to relax a little and it's not hard to make the game look much closer than it actually is/was.

I thought that hands to the face on the Redmond INT was a bad call. He came up to the face and unlike earlier when Smith had both hands around his neck, he came off right away. But...we also got lucky with the King non-call.

But this team is a long way away from where they need to be. They just haven't been able to finish teams when they should this year, but all 4 of the wins felt pretty in the 4th quarter.

And Tramon Williams had an incredible game. Amazing what he's doing at...what, 37 years old?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:23 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Just a brutal stretch coming up. I'm not a big believer in Dallas at all but the Packers next five games are teams over .500 with the exception of the Chargers. The schedule will not be the reason the Packers into the playoffs this year.

We just finished an almost identically difficult 5 game stretch at 4-1. They'll be fine. 3 are at home, the one game it's hard to see them winning is @KC, and even if they drop that and one other they're still sitting 7-3 after 10 games and in good position with division tiebreakers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:25 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

The next 5 games of the schedule aren't as tough as the first 5 games.

Carolina, Detroit and Oakland are middle of the pack teams. SD is talented, and the Chiefs are obviously very good.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:39 PM Post
HiAndTight said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

The next 5 games of the schedule aren't as tough as the first 5 games.

Carolina, Detroit and Oakland are middle of the pack teams. SD is talented, and the Chiefs are obviously very good.

I think that's highly debatable, and unknown honestly. Philadelphia could very well be the best team the Packers have played. The Raiders just beat the Bears, though the Vikings pounded them, but at this point it's hard to say the Vikings/Bears aren't middle of the pack.

Detroit gave KC a fight and beat Philly. I'm not seeing a real definitive distinction between CAR, DET, OAK and the Bears and Vikings other than last season.

Last edited by OldSchoolSnapper on October 06, 2019, 6:41 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:39 PM Post
Never thought i would feel blah about a ten point win in Dallas.
The 468 yard they gave through the air and 24 points in a half kind of dimmed the enjoyment.

It really feels like a gift win.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:44 PM Post
NFL box scores are next to useless determining how a game went/unit performed. Big leads mean lots of cheap yards. That game probably ends 48-10 if King picks off the pass at 24-0.

Oddly the offense is still a bigger concern to me. Five weeks in, and you just still feel it's missing something. Adams today, but someone in that WR group needs to get it going. With someone as good as Jones back there it shouldn't be this hard. Still waiting for Rodgers to hit someone in stride down the field. Don't know if it's him, timing, lack of chemistry or what.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:53 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Elliott/Cooper scored 50 fantasy points for me and we won? That’s a good day for my teams.

Aaron Jones scored 50 alone for my opponent and I still won.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:55 PM Post
Would the Cowboys have been able to challenge the King interception for PI had they still had a challenge? I know the turnover is automatically challenged, but I don’t think PI is a reviewable component of the automatic challenge. Could the Cowboys have initiated one? Is so, shame on Garrett for challenging the 23-yard Tonya. reception that was clean. With PI challengeable in today’s NFL, a challenge is worth more than 23 yards.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 7:07 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
Would the Cowboys have been able to challenge the King interception for PI had they still had a challenge? I know the turnover is automatically challenged, but I don’t think PI is a reviewable component of the automatic challenge. Could the Cowboys have initiated one? Is so, shame on Garrett for challenging the 23-yard Tonya. reception that was clean. With PI challengeable in today’s NFL, a challenge is worth more than 23 yards.

They just put a TD back on the board last week for Philly, not a TO but a TD which is the same thing reviewable wise. But sort of like the last Packers offensive play last week I am guessing the review folks don't want to get into it on automatic reviews. I thought LeFleur should have taken a timeout and thrown a tantrum last week, it worked when Pederson had a fit earlier in the game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 7:10 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
NFL box scores are next to useless determining how a game went/unit performed. Big leads mean lots of cheap yards. That game probably ends 48-10 if King picks off the pass at 24-0.

Oddly the offense is still a bigger concern to me. Five weeks in, and you just still feel it's missing something. Adams today, but someone in that WR group needs to get it going. With someone as good as Jones back there it shouldn't be this hard. Still waiting for Rodgers to hit someone in stride down the field. Don't know if it's him, timing, lack of chemistry or what.

I think that collarbone injury affected Rodgers accuracy and it probably will never be what it once was.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 194 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply