LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next  [ 1327 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

Author Message
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 16, 2020, 11:26 PM Post
Posts: 4936
nate82 said:
I am going to go with the Clippers also. The Bucks never really looked like they were going to win the series against Miami. The Clippers on the other hand just look like they had the series in hand and put it on cruise control and lost.


How much more does losing to the Heat hurt now though also? I thought the Clippers were the biggest threat coming into the season with their perimeter defense. Then obviously Bam blew up and the Heat looked like they'd be a threat(one I thought we'd overcome).

I think the Bucks would have matched up pretty well with the Lakers...not that it matters now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 17, 2020, 12:30 AM Post
Posts: 4936
So the Bucks apparently can't use Ersan's salary? That doesn't make sense to me. I've seen several players with non-guaranteed contracts used in deals to match salaries in the past.

If that's the case, the potential for an already difficult to make trade to acquire anyone of substance seems that much less likely.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 17, 2020, 8:46 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6166
Location: Phoenix, AZ
HiAndTight said:
nate82 said:
I am going to go with the Clippers also. The Bucks never really looked like they were going to win the series against Miami. The Clippers on the other hand just look like they had the series in hand and put it on cruise control and lost.


How much more does losing to the Heat hurt now though also? I thought the Clippers were the biggest threat coming into the season with their perimeter defense. Then obviously Bam blew up and the Heat looked like they'd be a threat(one I thought we'd overcome).

I think the Bucks would have matched up pretty well with the Lakers...not that it matters now.


The Bucks are about the exact same team as the Lakers. Even though Bledsoe sucks in the playoffs I would take him over what the Lakers have.

The Clippers lost to an inferior team the Bucks lost to a really good team. The Heat are better than their record shows. Before the lockdown I believed the Heat were going to cause problems in the playoffs. They were a very strong 5 seed before the lockdown and were the same team after.

The Heat were really a 3 seed or a 2nd seed ppaying as the 5th seed. The Bucks should have beat them but losing to them is not as bad as the Clippers losing to the Nuggets.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 17, 2020, 10:27 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8123
The Clippers did lose to an inferior team, but you can't really say enough about how amazing Murray and Jokic have played the last week. Those two guys have been absolutely incredible.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 17, 2020, 11:44 AM Post
Posts: 4936
nate82 said:

The Bucks are about the exact same team as the Lakers. Even though Bledsoe sucks in the playoffs I would take him over what the Lakers have.

The Clippers lost to an inferior team the Bucks lost to a really good team. The Heat are better than their record shows. Before the lockdown I believed the Heat were going to cause problems in the playoffs. They were a very strong 5 seed before the lockdown and were the same team after.

The Heat were really a 3 seed or a 2nd seed ppaying as the 5th seed. The Bucks should have beat them but losing to them is not as bad as the Clippers losing to the Nuggets.



I don't know...Rondo's like the opposite of Bledsoe. Garbage in the regular season, pretty damn good in the post-season.

Still, I don't disagree with any of your points, I'm just saying I thought the Clippers were the biggest obstacle and ultimately the team that'd stop us from winning a title. Then to see them bounced by the Nuggets...that just stings that much more. Almost like watching the Bucks go up 2-0, lose, then watch KD and then Klay go down with injuries in the finals.

The Bucks are a competent Bledsoe away from potentially going for their second straight finals.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 17, 2020, 2:48 PM Post
Posts: 5470
Location: Madison, WI
Haven't ran through this one in a while, kind of decompressing the L. Good posts by many and pretty much everyone talking seems to have a good grasp on where this is at, imo, especially Snapper.

As others have said, first thing I'd be doing is trying on Beal. Do all you can, if you fail then move on to some of the other names mentioned. I don't see any obvious connections of Beal to players on our team, but if you could get in his ear that this is where he prefers to be that would help. After that, as others have said, they need more shooting and guys who can dribble/shoot. someone who can be the lead in the PnR with Giannis as the screener. And not just one guy, need that person as a #2/#3 guys and then some bench shooter types (think of guys like Barrea, Patty Mills etc on past title teams). Trey Burke was had for nothing pre bubble. If not good dribble/shoot guys you also need a sharpshooter or two in the Redick/Harris mold, it's possible to steal a guy like this late in the 1st or 2nd round. heck, that's where lots of those guys come from like Robinson/Harris.

I don't think Bud haaaas to go. But half court offense has to be addressed. After the initial spread the court while breaking you have to go to normal ball screen and ball movement like everyone else runs. Giannis is the ultimate screener/finisher. Maybe he hasn't because Bled isn't a good enough shooter. If so I think it was the wrong decision, if you look at Bled before MKE he was a very good PnR lead.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 17, 2020, 3:12 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3176
I've liked what Cleveland and LA has done with LeBron the way they've had him move without the ball and then get him the ball in motion. Giannis would probably play well like that with his length. Plus that adds more dynamic to a half-court offense which is otherwise pretty stale and 95% reliant on Giannis dribbling past his man. To a degree the same could be said for Middleton, who I'd love to see moving around more on offense.

I agree with the Beal comments. Even though Middleton can drop 30 on anyone, he also doesn't strike me as a guy who gives other teams that "dangerous if not planned for" reaction. Instead it's a 100% focus on Giannis and everyone else gets what they get. But a guy with the skills of Beal really demands that attention because he can create 25 points out of nothing.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 18, 2020, 9:34 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8123
It's being reported that Giannis won the MVP


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 18, 2020, 9:56 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 15121
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Puts to rest taking post season into the equation.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 18, 2020, 12:41 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3176
Another MVP is all the more reason to seriously address the postseason failures and do something more drastic than brush things off with an "oh well maybe next year" type of reaction from management.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 18, 2020, 12:44 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3176
Next NBA season is going to feel a lot like being a Dodgers fan during regular-season play. Win-win-win is pretty much a given and it's all just twiddling your thumbs until the playoffs.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 18, 2020, 12:49 PM Post
Posts: 21947
Giannis, when asked about his future: "As long as everybody's on the same page and as long as everybody's fighting for the same thing, fighting for the same thing every single day, which is to be a champion, I don't see why not to be in Milwaukee for the next 15 years."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 19, 2020, 12:37 AM Post
Posts: 4936
adambr2 said:
Giannis, when asked about his future: "As long as everybody's on the same page and as long as everybody's fighting for the same thing, fighting for the same thing every single day, which is to be a champion, I don't see why not to be in Milwaukee for the next 15 years."



Yeah...that's encouraging. Getting Giannis to sign an extension this off-season would be the best(obviously). It'd stop the Bucks from making potential "panic" moves. They obviously need to add talent. And if they could acquire a blue chipper(Beal, Hield) then whatever, do it. But if they give up DD, picks and future options to swap and they're only getting a marginally upgrade...

I guess my point is while everyone would love to see them win and go for it this season, the last thing we want to see is the Bucks totally handcuff themselves and end up like the Wolves with KG. Never able to get over that hump and always making trades or acquisitions that are short sighted.

But again, it's awesome to hear Giannis say this. It'd be so easy for him to be looking for a house in Dallas right now and be gearing up to join Luka, Porzingas and great a BIG-big 3, but he doesn't strike me as the type who wants to go join a team with a superstar already entrenched. Which makes me think Toronto or Miami may be more likely options were he to leave.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 23, 2020, 9:46 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2524
Anyway the Bucks can pick up Tyler Herro? Wow. He's gone from "surprising...surpassing all expectations" to "Is that Tyler Herro or Luka Doncic?"

I watched a couple of Kentucky games and he looked okay but was surprised he got drafted as high as he did. Seemed to be a out of this world jump shooter with okay size and okay athleticism but needed strength and experience and a whole lot of other things. I've never been more wrong. Potential superstar. So smooth.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 23, 2020, 9:58 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6166
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oxy said:
Anyway the Bucks can pick up Tyler Herro? Wow. He's gone from "surprising...surpassing all expectations" to "Is that Tyler Herro or Luka Doncic?"


Zero chance unless Giannis is involved.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 24, 2020, 4:29 PM Post
Posts: 5470
Location: Madison, WI
Watching MIA I unfortunately couldn't help but think how perfect Giannis would work in the Bam role for MIA, facilitating from the elbow on O. But of course Giannis tacks on his ridiculous open court on top of it. Hate to say it but MIA and Dal seem like good options who, I think but not sure, have cap space for him next year.

I don't think he and Bam fit well together though, so to this topic maybe a sign/trade happens with them where Bucks get back Bam and Herro? That's best case scenario though, I can't imagine we'd get that much back if it's just a facilitating type trade.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 24, 2020, 9:53 PM Post
Posts: 4936
nate82 said:
Oxy said:
Anyway the Bucks can pick up Tyler Herro? Wow. He's gone from "surprising...surpassing all expectations" to "Is that Tyler Herro or Luka Doncic?"


Zero chance unless Giannis is involved.



I don't think he was seriously suggesting we try and trade for Herro.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 24, 2020, 9:54 PM Post
Posts: 4936
tmwiese55 said:
Watching MIA I unfortunately couldn't help but think how perfect Giannis would work in the Bam role for MIA, facilitating from the elbow on O. But of course Giannis tacks on his ridiculous open court on top of it. Hate to say it but MIA and Dal seem like good options who, I think but not sure, have cap space for him next year.

I don't think he and Bam fit well together though, so to this topic maybe a sign/trade happens with them where Bucks get back Bam and Herro? That's best case scenario though, I can't imagine we'd get that much back if it's just a facilitating type trade.



They both have the cap space I believe. Or are close enough to creating it without much trouble. Them and the Raptors..which is why they are the three main teams realistically talked about signing Giannis in Free Agency.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 25, 2020, 7:42 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2196
Denver has LA right where they want them.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: September 25, 2020, 10:29 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6166
Location: Phoenix, AZ
30+ free throws in one game for the Lakers nahhh the refs have no bias at all we have all seen this before..........


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next  [ 1327 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test