LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  [ 1327 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread
Posted: October 10, 2020, 2:40 PM Post
Global Moderator
Jimmy Butler played 47 minutes in an elimination game last night. Buds playoff coaching style (which I have defended in the past) just isn't gonna do it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2020, 7:52 PM Post
RoCoBrewfan said:
Jimmy Butler played 47 minutes in an elimination game last night. Buds playoff coaching style (which I have defended in the past) just isn't gonna do it.

Midds played 48 in an elimination game this year. A OT game, but I see your point, he likes to rest his guys more than they may need, but that's far from my biggest issue with him.

The Bucks will not win a title with Giannis taking the ball the majority of the time and being asked to drive and then kick or score. There are too many good, athletic big guys who can defend that there will always be a team that can stop us in the playoffs when you actually scheme and game plan.

If we have another superstar...maybe it could work, but we don't. That's the issue I've got with Bud...and I don't think he's going to change it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2020, 7:55 PM Post
Global Moderator
Games during the 2019-2020 season (Regular + Playoffs) with 39+ minutes played:

29 - Harden
27 - Lillard
25 - Lowry
23 - Tatum
21 - Davis
17 - Jokic
17 - Simmons
16 - Butler
14 - Tucker
13 - Leonard
12 - LeBron
0 - Antetokounmpo

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 11, 2020, 7:03 PM Post
If LeBron wins a title and no one is around to watch it, does it still count?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2020, 12:40 PM Post
I've heard McCollum's name come up as a possibility for the Bucks, and I think he'd be just as good of an option as Beal since he's another type of guy who can create scoring.

I'd love to see the ball be taken out of Giannis' hands more. That should really help improve the half-court game if Giannis can move around more and off-ball picks can be set to get him favorable matchups instead of the current strategy where he tries to drive a couple of times and if it doesn't work, just dump it off for somebody else's jumper.

I'm starting to accept the possibility that Middleton won't be on the team next year, and I don't totally hate the thought. He's a good #3, but if him leaving brings us a more appropriate #2 I'm all for it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2020, 4:22 PM Post
GAME05 said:
I've heard McCollum's name come up as a possibility for the Bucks, and I think he'd be just as good of an option as Beal since he's another type of guy who can create scoring.

I'd love to see the ball be taken out of Giannis' hands more. That should really help improve the half-court game if Giannis can move around more and off-ball picks can be set to get him favorable matchups instead of the current strategy where he tries to drive a couple of times and if it doesn't work, just dump it off for somebody else's jumper.

I'm starting to accept the possibility that Middleton won't be on the team next year, and I don't totally hate the thought. He's a good #3, but if him leaving brings us a more appropriate #2 I'm all for it.

Yea I think the italics is the biggest thing to address. Look how AD is used as the complement to LBJ. That should be the goal with Giannis, and then add in that Giannis is better than AD and all the open court stuff Giannis can do. But it would make half court so much better and less physically demanding on him, plus it might work in the late playoffs which the current way doesn't.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2020, 4:47 PM Post
What the Bucks really need are 3 consecutive #2 overall draft picks they can use to clear salary and trade for Anthony Davis.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  [ 1327 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply