LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 66  Next  [ 1320 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

Posted: October 24, 2019, 1:50 PM Post
I don't care about comments, I care about actions. And I'll be concerned until he actually signs the super max. I used to believe it was a 95% chance he stays, but now I'm closer to 50/50. IF his agent, TV networks, family members, his girlfriend, and most of all Nike all encourage him to move that's a lot to overcome. Not saying any of those ARE putting pressure on him, just noting if most/all of those sources are encouraging him to leave, it's not as easy as "I'm loyal, I love Milwaukee." Sorry, I'm just not that naive.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 2:09 PM Post
Global Moderator
So you don't care about comments but you care about....non existent comments? Otherwise it's weird you've gone from 90 to 50/50.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 3:10 PM Post
homer said:
So you don't care about comments but you care about....non existent comments? Otherwise it's weird you've gone from 90 to 50/50.

No. He did not sign it yet when he could have- that's beyond comments. That's not why I went from 95 to 50/50 though, that's more about months going by and taking the emotion out of it. Realizing a superstar staying in Milwaukee has never been something to rely on.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 3:13 PM Post
I think anyone saying they are 100% sure is more like 70% and just saying 100% because they'll probably be right. I will admit concern. There is absolutely no predicting what athletes do in these situations and we know nothing. It could be anything from his girlfriend/their kid not wanting to spend so much time in MKE, long, brutal winters wearing on him, better commercial exposure, we have no idea. He can say all the right things to make his life easier and then "change his mind" when it counts.

I would avoid betting on this completely but if forced to do so...I think he stays. But I learned a long time ago you don't take pro athletes at their word.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 3:24 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
I think anyone saying they are 100% sure is more like 70% and just saying 100% because they'll probably be right. I will admit concern. There is absolutely no predicting what athletes do in these situations and we know nothing. It could be anything from his girlfriend/their kid not wanting to spend so much time in MKE, long, brutal winters wearing on him, better commercial exposure, we have no idea. He can say all the right things to make his life easier and then "change his mind" when it counts.

I would avoid betting on this completely but if forced to do so...I think he stays. But I learned a long time ago you don't take pro athletes at their word.

Exactly. And I'll say this. If he wants to leave for any of those reasons, fine. But if I hear about not being able t win here, etc., that's a different story. Bucks have done everything Giannis wanted then to do. He wanted everyone back, wanted his brother on the team, etc. If they don't win, it will largely be because of himself anyhow, just like last year.

I'm really not consumed by this anyhow, i'm just going to enjoy the season and try to avoid all the off court noise.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 3:48 PM Post
Sure he'd make more in basketball contract money with Milwaukee, but overall he'd still make more money in a place like NYC from a bigger shoe contract, commercials, jersey sales, etc. Well, probably.

Ultimately we'll never really know his biggest motivations in basketball until he signs his next contract. Whatever comments Giannis makes between now and then are pretty much meaningless since he's never going to intend to hint at anything. But I do fear the media is going to be absolutely filled with articles about it for the rest of the season.

But ultimately if he does sign, Giannis has the chance to be the greatest basketball hero in franchise history. Kareem did win a Championship, but he also didn't stay all that long. I see no reason Giannis couldn't top that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 3:52 PM Post
Kareem didn't like Milwaukee. Only years later as an old man did he speak well of it. He's no Milwaukee hero. Ray Allen is probably that guy as much as anyone pre-Giannis. He loved it and would've played his whole career there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 5:19 PM Post
Global Moderator
I would only be concerned if I thought the Bucks weren't doing what it took to keep him. I dont see that as the case. If he leaves anyway there's not much in the way of regrets.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 7:04 PM Post
Hideous start to the season. Let's hope they look a lot better than that in the 2nd half.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 7:08 PM Post
Global Moderator
Yeah they look really disjointed d on both ends.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 7:28 PM Post
It's the NBA. I expect this game to be decided by < 5 pts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 7:38 PM Post
I'm concerned about everything to do with Wisconsin sports, but I think he will sign. This a frustrating game. Harden basically shut down with 4 fouls at the half but they still had a big lead. Starting to chip away now though.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 8:03 PM Post
Absolute horsecrap call on Ersan. That was 100% a charge on Westbrook and it stole back all momentum in the game. That was the textbook definition of taking a charge.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 8:09 PM Post
Global Moderator
Regardless of outcome, the Bucks are fun to watch.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 8:10 PM Post
Marv Albert sounds disappointed at the turn of events.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 8:13 PM Post
Of course Giannis gets tagged with his 6th on a nothing burger of a foul.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 8:29 PM Post
Gutty win, especially after losing Giannis. Much bigger second half. Matthews looks like he's going to end up being a fantastic signing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 8:30 PM Post
This team is going to be damn good barring injuries to key players

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 8:35 PM Post
39 throws for houston. I didn't see a minute of the game, bu 39 to 18 advantage and still came out on top. Good win.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2019, 8:37 PM Post
To win that game after the way the 1st half went... impressive. This should be a fun season.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 66  Next  [ 1320 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply