LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next  [ 191 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

Posted: October 24, 2019, 9:04 PM Post
Trash games by Middleton and Bledsoe, Giannis out last 5 minutes and they beat a darn good team on the road. I'm pumped. Great to see them run the offense through Lopez in the post. That's a great set for them with Giannis out. Sova doing Sova things is always fun.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

Posted: October 24, 2019, 9:26 PM Post
Barkley is a crap commentator. At halftime all he could say was same bad bucks offense that will get then through the regular season but against good teams wont work. Then after the game it's when they play a good team the offense wont work. I guess Houston isnt a good team?

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2019, 1:43 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
HiAndTight said:
I'm not calling anyone a liar....but if you're a Bucks fan and you're not worried about anything Giannis says that isn't, "I'm definitely staying in Milwaukee," you're lying [tongue]

Just came out that he was misquoted, which is pretty much what I expected. Much ado about absolutely nothing.

It's not even about this comment. It's obviously not an understatement to say that the future of this franchise lies in one players decision...one players future. Even him just saying I'm not talking about it and him putting conditions on it is concerning to me. I don't blame him, but I'm more cognizant of how lucky we are to be able to watch him right now and root for him for at least 80+ games this year and just hope the Bucks can perform well enough that he wants to stay.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2019, 1:52 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
homer said:
So you don't care about comments but you care about....non existent comments? Otherwise it's weird you've gone from 90 to 50/50.

No. He did not sign it yet when he could have- that's beyond comments. That's not why I went from 95 to 50/50 though, that's more about months going by and taking the emotion out of it. Realizing a superstar staying in Milwaukee has never been something to rely on.

No, he couldn't have signed it yet. The earliest he could sign it is this next off-season. Hence Horst saying they PLAN on offering him the SuperMax and Giannis talking about what he'd do in the future.

I don't fully understand the logic behind not allowing a player to sign whenever he wants, but he hasn't not signed it yet, he simply hasn't been able to. That said, if he eventually doesn't, the Bucks only extending him for four years instead of five will have been a mistake.
Exactly. And I'll say this. If he wants to leave for any of those reasons, fine. But if I hear about not being able t win here, etc., that's a different story. Bucks have done everything Giannis wanted then to do. He wanted everyone back, wanted his brother on the team, etc. If they don't win, it will largely be because of himself anyhow, just like last year.

I'm really not consumed by this anyhow, i'm just going to enjoy the season and try to avoid all the off court noise.

I'd argue that not signing Brogdon to an extension could fall into the "not doing everything they can," category. The Bucks have put together a great team, but I do think Brogdon is the second most important player on this team. A long, physical PG who's a 90/50/40 shooter? Yeah, they recovered as well as we could have expected, but they could have gone into the tax and brought him back as well...and in a potential series with the Clippers, another ball handler vs that incredible perimeter defense they should have and another great shooter may end up being big.

But again, I'm with you, lets just enjoy the season and the Milwaukee Bucks being one of the four main favorites to win a NBA title.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2019, 1:56 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Absolute horsecrap call on Ersan. That was 100% a charge on Westbrook and it stole back all momentum in the game. That was the textbook definition of taking a charge.

I watched this game on DVR and some of the calls were just comical. I'm not even talking about this one(which was bad) but there were calls both ways where there was just absolutely no contact and fouls were called. There was the one on Giannis, it might have been the 6th and he does not touch anyone and he gets hit. The one on Capella...he doesn't touch him. The missed travel by Middleton. The NBA refs usually aren't this bad. That was awful across the board.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2019, 2:02 AM Post
young guns said:
Barkley is a crap commentator. At halftime all he could say was same bad bucks offense that will get then through the regular season but against good teams wont work. Then after the game it's when they play a good team the offense wont work. I guess Houston isnt a good team?

Meh, that's his job. To make grant statements at the start of the season about how things will play out in 6 months. And as of right now, without seeing an improved Giannis with a better shot(even just a better mid range shot, something he can hit from just outside the restricted area) I would say it's unlikely that THIS Bucks team beats the Clippers team with their defense which could be all time level good. Especially with that coaching staff and elite on ball defenders on the wings and at the point.

But...pretty sure nobody had Toronto winning going away vs Golden State last year. George is already injured. So Barkley is just like everyone else. They state things with far too much confidence far too early.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2019, 6:30 AM Post
Global Moderator
I haven't been following the NBA much in the off-season so I have what's probably an easy question. Now there is replay (coaches challenge) on fouls, but they only get 1 a game? What is the thought process there? Both coaches used their challenges in the first 5 minutes-it seems like that will happen every game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2019, 7:53 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
No. He did not sign it yet when he could have- that's beyond comments.

It's also false.

The supermax can't be offered until after this season.

The Bucks will be able to offer 5 years, $247 million

The most he can get elsewhere is 4 years, $141 million

He's not going anywhere.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2019, 8:11 AM Post
True Blue Brew Crew said:
FVBrewerFan said:
No. He did not sign it yet when he could have- that's beyond comments.

It's also false.

The supermax can't be offered until after this season.

The Bucks will be able to offer 5 years, $247 million

The most he can get elsewhere is 4 years, $141 million

He's not going anywhere.

I was with you until the last line.

No one but Giannis knows if he's going anywhere, and frankly, Giannis probably doesn't know for certain right now. There are so many other factors at play than just who can offer the most, or players staying put in one place would be much, much more common than it is.

We'll do everything possible to keep him, and if I was betting I'd err on the side that says he'll stay, but there's absolutely no way to know with that kind of certainty.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2019, 9:31 AM Post
I would say I have a low level of anxiety about Giannis leaving. Whatever happens, happens. The quotes or misquotes don't bother me.

I want him to stay, right now I think the odds are stronger that he will stay but things can change. What I do know is I will continue to be a fan of his until the end of time no matter what uniform he's wearing or unless he does something that would cause me to lose respect for him. Changing teams isn't going to be enough for that to happen, he'd have to do something colossally terrible and completely out of character and I just don't see that happening.

I really haven't moved from how I felt before and at the end of last season, he'll be back as long as ownership and the front office continue to show him that they're not going to try to nickel and dime their way to being just competitive enough. In essence, not run the team like Herb Kohl did.

Giannis plays the game with all out effort, he rightly should demand that mentality from the owners and front office.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2019, 10:02 AM Post
adambr2 said:

I was with you until the last line.

I sympathize with those who will less enjoy this coming season out of what in my opinion is an irrational fear that Giannis won't re-sign.

It took me around 20 article searches to find out the max Giannis could get signing anywhere other than Milwaukee. Gee, I wonder why that is? Why does no one want to even mention the 100 million dollar haircut Giannis would have to take to sign elsewhere? Could it be because it would suck the drama out of this story? I wonder why the media never talks about the over 100 million dollar difference? I wonder why the media never talks about Anthony Davis signing anywhere other than LA after this year? I'd bet that most NBA fans already think he's signed a long term deal to stay there. He has not, yet no there's media drama. Hmmm.

Giannis not only has 100 million reasons to stay in Milwaukee he also has a title contending team around him, which is all he's ever asked for. The Harvard study comments, if even accurate, came before last year's playoff run. The Bucks didn't underachieve and the current roster isn't in shambles. Which brings us back to the 100 million dollars.

Last edited by True Blue Brew Crew on October 25, 2019, 11:10 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2019, 10:19 AM Post
Nice way to start the season with a big win against Houston on the road! This team is going to be a lot of fun to watch!

On the Giannis free agency topic, I have a small amount of concern about him leaving, but he’s been committed to Milwaukee since Day 1 and even last offseason, he said that there was “no way” he’s leaving in free agency.

And this isn’t a knock to Giannis, but I am sure there are things people say or ask him that he has a difficult time understanding. And there are plenty of times where he words things in an odd way. I think that’s just the language barrier and sometimes he might word things in a way he didn’t intend to. It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the same thing in the most recent story. The last part of the quote that he himself said that he never said was about him leaving if they struggle. And even if he did say that, I don’t see any way that the Bucks don’t finish in one of the top two spots in the East and end up in the ECF.

Plus, I thought it was interesting that his girlfriend questioned him about the comment he made. She would have a lot more insight on what Giannis is thinking and what his intentions are. And if she thought it was odd that he was supposedly non-committal to Milwaukee in a comment, then that would lead me to believe that he is serious about remaining in Milwaukee.

Also, would Giannis turn down over $100 million in additional salary by signing with another team and not the Bucks? That is an insane amount of money. I think he will sign the extension next offseason and become the highest paid player in NBA history. And the Milwaukee Bucks will have the face of the NBA for years to come.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 28, 2019, 7:27 AM Post
True Blue Brew Crew said:
Giannis not only has 100 million reasons to stay in Milwaukee he also has a title contending team around him, which is all he's ever asked for. The Harvard study comments, if even accurate, came before last year's playoff run. The Bucks didn't underachieve and the current roster isn't in shambles. Which brings us back to the 100 million dollars.

It's not a 100 million difference.

Supermax: 35% of the Cap + 8% raises each season, up to 5 years.

Max: 30% of the cap + 8% raises each season, only 4 years.

247 Million over 5 years would be the super max. The max would be about 170 over 4 years, plus then he'd be eligible for the 10 year, 35% of the cap maximum moving forward with a 5th year starting salary around 50M. So, 220 Million.

He'd be leaving about 25 million on the table.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 28, 2019, 8:42 AM Post
I'd like if the media would sometime soon latch on to KAT leaving instead of Giannis. He's on his rookie extension just like Giannis but is a couple years behind. Difference is MN has no chance whereas MKE has put a title contender together here. How long until KAT demands a trade? Why isn't Skip and SAS asking this question every day?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 30, 2019, 8:03 AM Post
Reports are Chris Paul would like to come to Milwaukee. Doubt anyone is surprised by his interest but hard to see the Bucks having the same interest due to his contract.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 30, 2019, 8:11 AM Post
jjfanec said:
Reports are Chris Paul would like to come to Milwaukee. Doubt anyone is surprised by his interest but hard to see the Bucks having the same interest due to his contract.

Paul is in the ring-chasing point in his career. Of course he wants to come play for the team that is probably the odds-on favorite to come out of the East. I'm sure there is probably 100 veteran types littered around the NBA who feel similarly. That's why Matthews, Korver and R. Lopez took huge discounts to come here.

I agree, though, that unless they can find a way to cook the books, Paul's contract is an albatross.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 30, 2019, 8:36 AM Post
He's also been known to be a problem in the locker room for years now, more or less just a jerk to be around. I'm all for trying to find an upgrade to Bled (though I'm a Bled supporter and he gets too much hate) who is a better shooter. But I really think it's best to keep away from CP3 given everything here. If he gets a buyout I'm sure he'll go to LAL.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 30, 2019, 11:34 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
jjfanec said:

Paul is in the ring-chasing point in his career. Of course he wants to come play for the team that is probably the odds-on favorite to come out of the East. I'm sure there is probably 100 veteran types littered around the NBA who feel similarly. That's why Matthews, Korver and R. Lopez took huge discounts to come here.

I agree, though, that unless they can find a way to cook the books, Paul's contract is an albatross.

do the bucks really need another guy who needs the ball in his hands at all times, even besides his contract?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 30, 2019, 11:46 AM Post
patrickgpe said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
jjfanec said:

do the bucks really need another guy who needs the ball in his hands at all times, even besides his contract?

Probably ... but that doesn't change my opinion that the idea of Paul WANTING to play in Milwaukee is pretty cool.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 30, 2019, 12:07 PM Post
I really don't think they have an abundance of guys who 'need' the ball in their hands or at least ones that should. If anything, one key thing they're missing is another guy with a playmaker skillset, to get his own shot (and be a good shooter) but to create creases and O in general. Think of backup PG types like Van Vleet, LouWill, Barrea years ago, etc. We have Giannis, who really could benefit from a creator where he can just be the finisher/dunker. So a reduction in his ballhandling is probably a good thing. Then we have Bledsoe, then what? George Hill? IMO this is the skillset their missing, but no you also don't need to pay 40 mil for this skillset either in a guy like Paul. I had my eye on Carson Edwards from Purdue for this reason. He did great in summer and preseason, not sure how much PT he's gotten in the few games so far.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next  [ 191 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply