LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next  [ 202 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

Posted: November 08, 2019, 11:19 PM Post
Global Moderator
A cataclysmic turn of events.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 15, 2019, 2:07 PM Post
Another reason to like Giannis.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MkeBucks/comme ... rson_he_is

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 16, 2019, 5:46 AM Post
Malcolm Brogdon leaves Friday night game with sore back?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 16, 2019, 4:54 PM Post
Pacers are down a bunch of guys tonight, including Brodgdon.

Bucks have gotten some breaks with guys resting/being out against them so far this season. I don't know if that's really influenced their record by much. I don't think the Bucks have really kicked it into high gear very often this season yet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 16, 2019, 7:58 PM Post
Global Moderator
This turned into the rout I think we expected it to be. Seeing Giannis not hesitate to pull the trigger on those 3's when the defense sags off of him is nice.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 21, 2019, 12:03 PM Post
Bucks and their five-game winning streak say Middleton who?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 21, 2019, 2:49 PM Post
The Bucks who were down in the 4th quarter to the 5-10 Chicago Bulls and the 2nd half to the 4-10 Atlanta Hawks say "Hurry back, Khris."

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

Posted: November 21, 2019, 7:56 PM Post
Baldkin said:
The Bucks who were down in the 4th quarter to the 5-10 Chicago Bulls and the 2nd half to the 4-10 Atlanta Hawks say "Hurry back, Khris."

I think they're doing just fine without him. It's been nice to see guys like DDV get some extra minutes and perform well. This is still a 50+ win team without Middleton. They've still been winning comfortably. Not every game is going to be a 4 quarter blowout from beginning to end.

I will say I've started accepting that Giannis just isn't ever going to do much more than 70% at the FT line.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 22, 2019, 4:53 AM Post
My word, Giannis had 19Reb and 15assists last night. I feel that is absurd. Wonder how that ranks all-time. How many 20/15s exist that beat his number. Just a Box score watch so nothing to add. Not a fan to see they gave up 71pts in the 2nd half at home.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 22, 2019, 10:36 AM Post
Few issues i see with the Bucks so far (other than relying on the 3 too much, which I've already posted about):

1 - They keep blowing big leads. Yes, this is going to happen in the NBA, there's so much talent. But lost two games already giving up 20+ point leads and have blown multiple double digit leads - last night being a prime example. Had the game in control, then suddenly it matters again. Same thing with the OKC game, they blew a 14 point lead in the last 4 minutes, but ultimately won.

2 - Where's the killer instinct? It seems like they let up a bit and try to coast when they get the leads, and it hasn't worked out that well. They're winning games, but games where they're leading by 10-20 points wind up as 5-8 point wins consistently so far. Yes, I know I'm complaining about winning but when you get the chance to basically end a game, they need to go for it. It's going to wind up costing them games and it's something they just can't afford to do in the playoffs.

3- Where's the defense? The overall defensive rating is good, but they're giving up well over 100 points a game. They've won 7 games giving up 110+ points and lost games giving up 126 and 131. I know scoring is up league wide, but it just seems like they're having the same issues they had against Toronto. They're collapsing WAY too much in the lane - which doesn't make much sense given Lopez and Giannis have been really good challenging and blocking shots this year - and when they do that, it's leaving shooters wide open.

Quote   Reply 

Few issues i see with the Bucks so far (other than relying on the 3 too much, which I've already posted about):

1 - They keep blowing big leads. Yes, this is going to happen in the NBA, there's so much talent. But lost two games already giving up 20+ point leads and have blown multiple double digit leads - last night being a prime example. Had the game in control, then suddenly it matters again. Same thing with the OKC game, they blew a 14 point lead in the last 4 minutes, but ultimately won.

2 - Where's the killer instinct? It seems like they let up a bit and try to coast when they get the leads, and it hasn't worked out that well. They're winning games, but games where they're leading by 10-20 points wind up as 5-8 point wins consistently so far. Yes, I know I'm complaining about winning but when you get the chance to basically end a game, they need to go for it. It's going to wind up costing them games and it's something they just can't afford to do in the playoffs.

3- Where's the defense? The overall defensive rating is good, but they're giving up well over 100 points a game. They've won 7 games giving up 110+ points and lost games giving up 126 and 131. I know scoring is up league wide, but it just seems like they're having the same issues they had against Toronto. They're collapsing WAY too much in the lane - which doesn't make much sense given Lopez and Giannis have been really good challenging and blocking shots this year - and when they do that, it's leaving shooters wide open.

Quote   Reply 

Quote   Reply 

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 22, 2019, 3:17 PM Post
I think you're being a little too hard on them. Portland is a lot better than their record suggests even though they're off to a rough start. Also that was the second game of a back to back with travel in between, never an easy one to win. Anytime you can win both games of a back to back, it's a big plus. They controlled the game from the beginning, Portland went on runs from time to time to make it kind of close as happens in the NBA, but the game result was never really in much doubt.

I'd like to see better defense as well, but their style of play will always be conducive to high scoring games.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 22, 2019, 3:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
The Bucks are +9.3 and the #1 seed in the east. I think people expect blowouts in every game against any team thats not the Lakers, sixers, or Celtics.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 22, 2019, 6:08 PM Post
I think we will see some higher intensity efforts over the next month. When largely these same guys steamrolled through the regular season last season I think it's natural not to get up to a high intensity every night.

Re-match with the Jazz, Clippers, Lakers, Mavs, and 76ers are all on the schedule. I think we will see a different energy level in these games against high quality teams.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 23, 2019, 1:07 PM Post
Not sure where to put this but the NBA is talking about changing their playoffs schedule, seeding and play in.

I don't really like this but I can see the appeal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/re ... =BBWvSmf|2

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 23, 2019, 1:26 PM Post
nate82 said:
Not sure where to put this but the NBA is talking about changing their playoffs schedule, seeding and play in.

I don't really like this but I can see the appeal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/re ... =BBWvSmf|2

I absolutely hate single game eliminations. Don’t like it for baseball and I wouldn’t like it for basketball. A three game series makes way more sense, but having the other teams rest for 5-7 games to complete these “play in” series’ wouldn’t make much sense either. I say leave it alone, but it seems like commissioners always like to tinker with things. So I’m guessing it’ll get changed. Having the 1-8 seeds making the playoffs is simple and easy in that all the teams can begin shortly after the conclusion of the regular season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 24, 2019, 9:41 AM Post
Global Moderator
The in-season tournament is an interesting idea. I don't want to say it's meaningless, but I honestly don't know how much people will care about it. I'd like to see it get approved and see how much interest it gets.

I think the post-season play in idea is terrible. Adding a 9th and 10th team to the playoff format in the NBA is just a terrible idea. There's really only 2 or 3 teams in most seasons from each conference that have a legitimate chance of advancing, so adding 2 more teams to the mix just doesn't make sense at all. The NBA isn't like MLB where the goal is to just make the playoffs and get hot and any team can win it all. You have to go back 10 years to find an NBA title that wasn't won by either a 1 or 2 seed (and that was a 3 seed Dallas Mavericks). Giving a 33 - 34 win team a chance to get massacred by a 1 seed has no entertainment value at all.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 24, 2019, 4:53 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
They need to do something to make the regular season more interesting. I’m all for major changes. And make the bad teams compete for better draft position!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next  [ 202 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply