LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 350 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Game 8: Packers @ Chiefs - Sunday, October 27th 7:20PM

Offline  Re: Game 8: Packers @ Chiefs - Sunday, October 27th 7:20PM
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:34 PM Post
Global Moderator
RoCoBrewfan said:
Not without issues, but they're 7 - 1. You're not 7 - 1 if you're not a contender.

Man would I love watching these two teams face off again in early February.

Quote   Reply 
In retrospect, I’m surprised the Chiefs punted on their last drive. When they’re playing with 4 downs, it’s really hard to stop a desperate team with talent.

Quote   Reply 
RoCoBrewfan said:
Not without issues, but they're 7 - 1. You're not 7 - 1 if you're not a contender.

Exactly. They're not rolling people, but that's ok. Something to be said for getting used to winning tight games.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 8: Packers @ Chiefs - Sunday, October 27th 7:20PM
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:36 PM Post
Global Moderator
Eye Black said:
RoCoBrewfan said:

Man would I love watching these two teams face off again in early February.

Rodgers vs Mahomes on a neutral field for all the marbles would be fun to watch.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:37 PM Post
Aaron Jones is a really humble guy. Won't take any credit himself. Just says it's all LaFleur and Rodgers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:37 PM Post
This wasn't the week to look for a blowout. Dominate the Chargers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:38 PM Post
This team doesn't need to be playing its best ball in October, and it is unrealistic to expect an org with a 1st year head coach to be seamless this soon. For all that, 7-1 is phenomenal, and they aren't playing New England's schedule, either. I loved the adjustments on both sides of the ball after halftime, and am incredibly encouraged about where things stand now. There will be more adversity ahead, but a 5-3 finish nets a 12-4 record. I'll take that every single year, please and thank you.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:38 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Aaron Jones is a really humble guy. Won't take any credit himself. Just says it's all LaFleur and Rodgers.

Actually, mostly Andy Reid.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:39 PM Post
Global Moderator
And they probably get Adams back next week...

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:40 PM Post
I'd really prefer they just sit Adams until after the bye. Turf toe is a horrible injury.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:40 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
adambr2 said:

I wouldn't have punted it, but I wouldn't call that a terrible mistake. Understandable why he did it, and they did down the ball at the 2. He needed his defense to step up, and it didn't.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:42 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
FVBrewerFan said:
adambr2 said:

I wouldn't have punted it, but I wouldn't call that a terrible mistake. Understandable why he did it, and they did down the ball at the 2. He needed his defense to step up, and it didn't.

I was commenting on Jones. Thank you to Andy Reid for covering covering him with a LB the whole game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:42 PM Post
homer said:
Aaron Jones is going to get some MVP votes if he stays healthy.

Okay no offense to Jones, but I’d guess he would get a grand total of zero votes. It’s a QB award and Aaron Jones doesn’t really have that crazy of stats as is. His stats are fantastic, but for a RB to get consideration he better be on some ungodly level we rarely see.

To be fair I haven’t really checked out the QB stats around the NFL, but it would have to be pretty weak to make Aaron Jones start getting votes.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:47 PM Post
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:
homer said:

Okay no offense to Jones, but I’d guess he would get a grand total of zero votes. It’s a QB award and Aaron Jones doesn’t really have that crazy of stats as is. His stats are fantastic, but for a RB to get consideration he better be on some ungodly level we rarely see.

To be fair I haven’t really checked out the QB stats around the NFL, but it would have to be pretty weak to make Aaron Jones start getting votes.

Todd Gurley was 2nd in MVP voting two years ago. Ezekiel Elliot and Le'Veon Bell were 4th and 5th respectively in 2016.

I don't think he'll come close to winning but if he ends up leading the league in TDs I bet he gets some votes. Current pace:

932 rushing yards, 16 TD.
710 receiving yards, 6 TD.
TOTAL: 1,642 all-purpose yards & 22 TD.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:49 PM Post
I love Jones but I think Rodgers being on his team probably hurts his ability to garner any votes. Ultimately I think the only RBs to get any votes will be Cook and McCaffrey, and ultimately Wilson or Rodgers will win it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:49 PM Post
homer said:
MrTPlush said:
homer said:

Todd Gurley was 2nd in MVP voting two years ago. Ezekiel Elliot and Le'Veon Bell were 4th and 5th respectively in 2016.

I don't think he'll come close to winning but if he ends up leading the league in TDs I bet he gets some votes. Current pace:

932 rushing yards, 16 TD.
710 receiving yards, 6 TD.
TOTAL: 1,642 all-purpose yards & 22 TD.

Thanks, I didn’t know how far they gives votes out. Usually they just mention first place votes...not like the MLB where the lesser guys still get noticed in voting.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 9:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
At this point Jones is on pace for less than 1000 yards rushing and about 700 yards receiving. He's having a really good season, but nowhere near an MVP caliber season. I don't think he's in the top 10 at this point. He's doing everything the Packers need him to do, and then some, but he's not one of the top 10 vote getters at this point.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 10:02 PM Post
Well this is not the most talented Packer team they seem to make pretty good use of what they do have for talent.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 10:05 PM Post
Global Moderator
Surrender Index
@surrender_index
KC decided to punt to GB from the KC 40 on 4th & 3 with 5:13 remaining in the 4th while losing 24 to 31.

With a Surrender Index of 13.72, this punt ranks at the 98th percentile of cowardly punts of the 2019 season, and the 95th percentile of all punts since 2009.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 27, 2019, 10:09 PM Post
Global Moderator
OK. Maybe I'm a wee bit excited about Jones with the MVP talk. But I apologize for nothing [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 350 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply