LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Looking in the mirror

Offline  Re: Looking in the mirror

Posted: October 28, 2019, 1:05 PM Post
I'm not a huge fan of Lambeau Field. I feel like much of it has been stripped of its character but whatever, people love it, and that's fine. I also am getting too old and lame for sitting out in the cold.

I was talking about this recently with a Vikings fan who said he loved it and hates US Bank. His words were that Lambeau Field "bring the rube out of you," and you feel like you're some place special when you're there. He said US Bank feels like a corporate creation designed to separate you from your money. When the game ends, you go home. You also don't show up 4 hours early. By any measure, US Bank is better, but in practice, every part of it is worse. His words, not mine.

I sort of feel like that's how Lambeau has gone with all the development and Disney esque feel outside the stadium, but you can't blame them for modernizing the place and doing what they need to do.

I enjoy Miller Park because it is wonderfully comfortable inside and that matters a lot in Milwaukee. But on a nice day, it is a pretty soul-less place to see a game. When it's 80 degrees I really miss County Stadium. But it had to be practical and it is.

Love Fiserv Forum. Have yet to see a regular season game there as I'm too far away to go a weeknight. For some reason I struggle paying a lot to see an NBA game. I used to go to Lambeau a lot and I'll go to MP any night, but I've always found the NBA pricing structure odd. They play 41 games and it just isn't that valuable to me to see Game 55 of the regular season. I won't sit upper bowl and I pretty much am only willing to sit in the middle, so I just never get the itch to pony up.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Looking in the mirror

Posted: October 28, 2019, 1:17 PM Post
Reminds me of Wrigley Field. One of those awesome historic pieces that looks great on the TV...but in reality going to a game there is borderline one of the worst possible experiences baseball can offer.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 28, 2019, 1:42 PM Post
Samurai Bucky said:
This begs the question: what makes something a good... or great stadium? There must be something that is glaring that is an issue.

It's a fair question as I have only been to 5 other NFL stadiums in the past 20 years to compare. The SuperDome was awful as was the Metrodump. Arrowhead was really nice and big parking lots for fantastic tailgating, I was there before the long security lines kicked in so not sure how that part compares to Lambeau now. Miami has the big lots and tailgating too and security was a breeze but I did notice that while bathroom lines were shorter than Lambeau the concession lines were worse. Dallas was pretty nice all around but I was there for the SB and got booted into a bar below the field because they didn't have my seats ready so was hard to get a feel for it during the game. I guess the biggest thing people would point to other than the security/bathroom lines are the bleachers, would much rather have the bucket seats. But to be honest you are up and down so much during the game that its not like my back gets sore or anything, and cramming all those people in make for more good seats with a good view of the game.

So by NFL comparisons it probably isn't that much worse than most others, it's just a little more crowded than most. Miller Park is a much nicer experience, even when sold out.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 28, 2019, 2:09 PM Post
I was at the Fail Mary game and that was the best stadium/experience I've had in the NFL. I don't mean experiencing history, but just the actual flow of the stadium, the views of the city from the concourse and the atmosphere/fan experience. For baseball, Oracle was my favorite.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply