LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next  [ 316 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Game 10: Panthers @ Packers - Sunday, November 10th, 3:25PM

Offline  Re: Game 10: Panthers @ Packers - Sunday, November 10th, 3:25PM
Posted: November 10, 2019, 8:56 PM Post
adambr2 said:
brewcrewdue80 said:
lcbj68c said:
Who made the hit on CMC to end it? Fackrell?

I thought initially it was one of the Smith's and then Fackrell completed the tackle. That OL almost pushed him across, which somewhere I thought that would be a penalty. The guy physically bear-hugged and spun him forward. That which I thought we were penalized earlier this season for? I think in a pile pushing forward is fine, but physically hands on and doing so wasn't allowed?

Oh I wasn't near my laptop when it happened but King certainly was pushed off worse than Lazard's Off PI and not called. They acted like it was the footing, but 3yards of separation happened by the pushoff.

I think it *used* to be a penalty? Or maybe it actually is a penalty and just never gets called? In any event I didn't expect a flag as you never see them call that carry. When he did I personally thought CMC broke the plane, but there was just no way to tell for sure. I'm glad they did not rule it a touchdown on the field as I am certain it would have remained a touchdown.

Wasn't a penalty earlier this year when Dalton Risner grabbed Phillip Lindsay and yanked him into the end zone, so I assume it isn't a penalty.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 8:59 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
I don't know what to think of Dallas, they sucked a lot last year but came on at the end and looked pretty good. They've looked awful and solid. Minnesota is barely worse than the Packers if at all. I think their defense is better and Cook is amazing but I've never been a huge fan of Cousins. It seems like they should be better than they are. But I don't see a lot of separation between Minn and GB. It might just be Rodgers.

Ultimately I think Dallas isn't good enough or at least too inconsistent to go anywhere but they're still explosive enough sometime that I don't really want to play them. A game with Minnesota seems dependent on where it's played.

Dallas could sure help the Packers' NFC North chances by knocking off the Vikings tonight. I don't know if there are really any truly elite teams in the NFL this year. The Saints looked like trash today against the Falcons, and the Rams were downright terrible against the Steelers. These two teams playing right now I would call solid playoff contenders, but nowhere near elite level. It will be interesting to see how the 49ers handle playing a good squad in the Seahawks tomorrow night. Finally a decent Monday night game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:01 PM Post
Assisting a runner is definitely a penalty and has always been very selectively called.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:06 PM Post
Seattle has been eeking out a bunch of crappy wins. Wilson is the MVP but they've been ridiculous, winning on final drives or in OT all year...that just feels like a .500 team that is due for some rebalancing. Their defense isn't good like it once was either. They're obviously a decent team but I wouldn't be really surprised if SF beats them up. If Seattle does win I think it's clear then the NFC is really wide open.

I also like the Packers chances to compete with SF. I don't really expect them to win but it's not an offense that should run all over us. It SHOULD be a fun game to watch. SF's schedule is also probably the hardest in the league on the back end. If the Packers do win things are looking really really good.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:12 PM Post
lcbj68c said:
adambr2 said:
Cowboys reminding everybody that they're not very good.

Or that it's a 60 minute football game.

They're also still not that good.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:15 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Assisting a runner is definitely a penalty and has always been very selectively called.

I don't get why you even bother to have a rule in the rulebook if you're not going to ever enforce it. It's like a lane violation on a free throw in basketball. It technically is a rule, but it happens on every free throw and is never called.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:22 PM Post
adambr2 said:
lcbj68c said:
adambr2 said:
Cowboys reminding everybody that they're not very good.

Or that it's a 60 minute football game.

They're also still not that good.

Does that mean the Vikings are not that good either? Because these two teams look very evenly matched.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:28 PM Post
It bothers be that Kirk Cousins is looking like a competent QB. I was much more comfortable with him being trash.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:29 PM Post
I think it exists to prevent throwing guys into the end zone, jumping on their back, goofy circus type plays and what not. But they typically won't call it for shoving someone at the 1 yard line type stuff.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:30 PM Post
Cousins just doesn't scare me. He's capable of being really good at times but he's not a guy I worry about facing. I don't know why, just always how I've felt. I didn't care at all when they signed him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:31 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Does that mean the Vikings are not that good either? Because these two teams look very evenly matched.

I personally think the Cowboys, though they'll probably win the division, won't be long for the playoffs. I do think the Vikings are definitely better and would fear them a lot more in January.

How the teams match up on one particular night isn't everything, it's just one piece of information. The Chargers looked like a really good football team against us last week and we looked like a very bad one but we know that isn't true.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:35 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I personally think the Cowboys, though they'll probably win the division, won't be long for the playoffs. I do think the Vikings are definitely better and would fear them a lot more in January.

How the teams match up on one particular night isn't everything, it's just one piece of information. The Chargers looked like a really good football team against us last week and we looked like a very bad one but we know that isn't true.

I just think you are selling that Cowboys team short. There is a ton of offensive skill position talent there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:39 PM Post
I don’t think there’s much difference between teams like DAL, MIN, SF, NO, SEA or GB. Any week these teams could beat each other. All very similar and have flaws.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:44 PM Post
Brew4U said:
I don’t think there’s much difference between teams like DAL, MIN, SF, NO, SEA or GB. Any week these teams could beat each other. All very similar and have flaws.

Exactly ... and there's where the ability to pull out a win, even in ugly fashion, is huge. This Packers team is probably not a whole heck of a lot better talent wise than last year's team, yet they are going to finish with a much better record. Yeah, there's a little luck involved. But doing just enough to be able to pull out wins at the end is the difference between making the playoffs and not when you have a bunch of teams with similar talent levels and flaws.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:47 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
adambr2 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I just think you are selling that Cowboys team short. There is a ton of offensive skill position talent there.

Maybe. I think Dak is a bit overrated and not going to get them to the next level, but I do acknowledge there's the potential for any contender to get hot and play a good game and go on a run. Which is why it's more important than ever to get a top 2 seed and get a bye for the 1st round.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:59 PM Post
The Packers barely lost a bunch of games last year. They're winning those games this year, that is really the only difference and usually the only difference between 6-10 and 11-5. Ask most losing team's fans and they'll immediately pick a handful of games that they could've won with a different outcome on one or two plays.

All I know is there is no super team this year. As good a year as any to get Rodgers a second title.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 10:02 PM Post
Dak Prescott is a good QB. Not exactly consistent, but a solid guy. Joe Flacco has a ring and Eli Manning has two...and they are not the only not elite QBs to get a ring. Prescott can definitely lead a Super Bowl team. Isn’t exactly as dreamy as having a Rodgers/Brady/P Manning...but he can get the job done.

It is terrifyingly depressing how often it takes an elite QB though...not a ton of average to good QBs winning it all lately. Of course doesn’t help Brady wins every other year essentially.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 10:06 PM Post
I think Dak is really good. Garrett is on thin ice but a new offense would do wonders for him. He's the least of their problems. Romo was also a great player that took way much heat there, that's life on America's Team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 10:10 PM Post
Dak is making it look pretty easy against what is supposed to be a solid defense in Minnesota's tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 10:16 PM Post
Cowboys screwed that up about as badly as humanly possible

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next  [ 316 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply