LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 61 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Badger Recruiting

Offline  Badger Recruiting

Posted: January 04, 2020, 5:55 AM Post
Looks like a great recruiting year by Wisconsin standards. They need to get one of the four star running backs. Maybe today?

Christian Bell not coming back, maybe because of the great linebacker recruiting this year

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Badger Recruiting 2020

Posted: January 04, 2020, 10:13 AM Post
Berger would be a big boost. Maybe Taylor declaring for the draft helps if Berger sees a path to early playing time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2020, 10:36 AM Post
wildcat83 said:
Berger would be a big boost. Maybe Taylor declaring for the draft helps if Berger sees a path to early playing time.

That’s a good point. He may have been waiting to see if Taylor declared. If he did, he would pick Wisconsin seeing that he would have a good shot at being the starting running back.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2020, 1:10 PM Post
Berger is coming to Wisconsin! Per himself [smile]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2020, 1:22 PM Post
Good news, he probably will be exactly like Taylor and start right out of the gates.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Badger Recruiting 2020

Posted: January 04, 2020, 1:33 PM Post
Good news. Prior to Berger it looks like the Badgers rank around #30 in the team rankings, isn't that pretty much where they always come in? I don't follow football recruiting as much as basketball as there are so many more players.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2020, 2:15 PM Post
Yeah not much resistance behind Berger, so a good camp seals his starting spot

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2020, 3:49 PM Post
What is it about New Jersey that the Badgers seem to pull so many guys, particularly skill positions, from there?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2020, 4:04 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
What is it about New Jersey that the Badgers seem to pull so many guys, particularly skill positions, from there?

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2020, 11:26 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

Would you want to stay in New Jersey? Point taken though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 05, 2020, 7:15 AM Post
Global Moderator
Berger is a nice get. I understand that highlight reels are just that, and we don't see any of his 2-yard carries and such, but he looked like he was playing at a different speed than much of his competition.

Supposedly they're still in on Bradford despite Berger's verbal, so there's the potential to add another talent to the backfield as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 05, 2020, 9:22 AM Post
stalton said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

I don't think people in WI get to use lines like this. I've vacationed in south Jersey for years and I know you were joking, but that actually does make a bit of sense. It's probably an easier sell than FL/TX/CA guys as the NJ guys are used to cold and snow. It's very densely populated so there is probably just a disproportionate number of athletes.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 05, 2020, 10:27 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
stalton said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

I don't think people in WI get to use lines like this. I've vacationed in south Jersey for years and I know you were joking, but that actually does make a bit of sense. It's probably an easier sell than FL/TX/CA guys as the NJ guys are used to cold and snow. It's very densely populated so there is probably just a disproportionate number of athletes.

It's just an area the Badger have focused recruiting on going back a couple of decades. They also seem to recruit heavily in the Ft Lauderdale area, they probably have inroads with the high school coaches and like you say it is probably rich in talent so even if you are getting the leftovers from the big programs there are still quality players to be had.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 05, 2020, 3:22 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

Lack of competition. Outside of Penn State, no good football schools on the east coast, and Penn State was a dirty word for a while (and should still be). Pitt and Syracuse used to be relevant, but haven't been for a while. Rutgers, Maryland, Temple, West Virginia never have been relevant and aren't difficult to beat out for talent.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 17, 2020, 7:22 PM Post
The 2020 class was really good and it looks like 2021 is going to be even better. They are ranked 12 right now (some teams don't have as many recruits) and look very likely to end up top 20. They are in on quite a few more 3 to 4 star recruits, as well as Nolan Rucci a 5 star OL whose brother is on the team.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 18, 2020, 7:37 AM Post
Global Moderator
2022 might be one of the best in-state groups ever. Hopefully they can snag all of them.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 18, 2020, 8:27 AM Post
homer said:
2022 might be one of the best in-state groups ever. Hopefully they can snag all of them.

5 of the top 150 players in that class and one more 4 star. Top two are olineman. Would seem like good bets to be able to land them.

Looks like the 2021 class will add another player before the end of the week.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 18, 2020, 12:36 PM Post
2022 is definitely the best class in Fondy history with Allen & Schrauth. Rumor has it that Allen may head to IMG in Florida for senior year. Think it depends on if SEC schools coming knocking more after this season. Have a feeling he won’t go to UW. I hope he does but he is close to having his pick of anywhere. I’d say FSU, Michigan, and ND are biggest threats right now. Iowa was first in on him when he was Freshmen.

Billy I think is more likely but Wisconsin will have to battle. UW, ND, Michigan, and Iowa are all schools that produce NFL linemen so can’t really go wrong with any. He has 1 SEC in Tennessee. I coached Bill in Football & Track his freshman year & I’m just excited for him! Both his brothers were all-state studs. Mankato & Winona they ended up playing at. He is an athlete. Hope he ends up on the DLine but he will be great on either side

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 18, 2020, 1:56 PM Post
I can’t imagine growing up in Wisconsin and not wanting to play at Wisconsin. I mean, it’s one thing if your state doesn’t offer something great but UW is where you’d think a lot of players want to play ball. Great school, atmosphere, and the program is usually exceeding expectations and churn out quite a few professionals that go on to good NFL careers. I’m just not sure what else you could ask for.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 18, 2020, 2:59 PM Post
Brew4U said:
I can’t imagine growing up in Wisconsin and not wanting to play at Wisconsin. I mean, it’s one thing if your state doesn’t offer something great but UW is where you’d think a lot of players want to play ball. Great school, atmosphere, and the program is usually exceeding expectations and churn out quite a few professionals that go on to good NFL careers. I’m just not sure what else you could ask for.

Location matters to some. For example maybe they are tired of living in the state and want to experience living somewhere else. At 18 or 19 years old if I had the choice to go anywhere on a scholarship Florida, Texas and California are far better options than Wisconsin weather wise.

They could also have a better relationship with a coach at another school.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 61 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply