LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 49 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Super Bowl Thread: Who Cares vs Doesn't Matter, Sunday, Feb Something, 5ish PM

Offline  Re: Super Bowl Thread: Who Cares vs Doesn't Matter, Sunday, Feb Something, 5ish PM

Posted: February 02, 2020, 9:15 PM Post
Nice to see Sherman get burned to lose the game. Not a particularly likable team. Glad KC won.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Super Bowl Thread: Who Cares vs Doesn't Matter, Sunday, Feb Something, 5ish PM

Posted: February 02, 2020, 9:15 PM Post
Congrats to the Chiefs.
Happy for Reid.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 02, 2020, 9:23 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Nice to see Sherman get burned to lose the game. Not a particularly likable team. Glad KC won.

Totally. And SF blew a Super Bowl they probably should have won. Sweet!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Super Bowl Thread: Who Cares vs Doesn't Matter, Sunday, Feb Something, 5ish PM

Posted: February 02, 2020, 9:23 PM Post
-Sherman loses.
-KC fans get to experience a SB win.
-Andy Reid deserved one. Happy for him.

JLo and Shakira were smokin’, and seeing Bill Murray do Groundhog Day in the Jeep commercial was the icing on the cake.

Good Super Bowl.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 02, 2020, 9:26 PM Post
Wonder what the odds of a rematch next year?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Super Bowl Thread: Who Cares vs Doesn't Matter, Sunday, Feb Something, 5ish PM

Posted: February 02, 2020, 9:38 PM Post
Global Moderator
Packers beat Super Bowl champs!

#consolationprize

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 02, 2020, 9:38 PM Post
homer said:
nodakfan17 said:
Mike Pennel and Breshaud Breeland making plays in the Super Bowl ... Doh!

Yeah Breeland doesn't bother me as much as Pennel. I have no idea why he was let go.

Not only that ... the Packers actually brought him in for a workout this season when he was a free agent. 10 days later he signed with the Chiefs.

As a Packer fan, I want me some Chris Jones. He was in the Niner backfield all night. What a stud.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 02, 2020, 11:07 PM Post
Good game, I’m glad KC got it. I’m not a gambler but I’m glad I didn’t bet this game, I would have lost.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 6:25 AM Post
Global Moderator
The NFL has quietly had 4 great Super Bowl games in a row.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 7:59 AM Post
Last year's was pretty much universally panned as one of the most boring ever. I think it was tied after 3-3 heading into the 4th but I don't remember it being particularly great. Most of my adult life the Super Bowl has been pretty good though. I grew up on a lot of NFC-dominated blowouts and when the Packers lost the tide turned and they've been mostly competitive since then.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 9:21 AM Post
Yeah, last year's was rough to watch and so was last night's game until the 4th quarter hit. Not too many exciting plays, Garappolo isn't good and Mahomes didn't show up until the 4th quarter.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 10:00 AM Post
Brew4U said:
Yeah, last year's was rough to watch and so was last night's game until the 4th quarter hit. Not too many exciting plays, Garappolo isn't good and Mahomes didn't show up until the 4th quarter.

Both QBs generally played uneven at best and made some bad throws. Garappollo's numbers looked pretty good until the 4th quarter rolled around aside from that terrible interception - then when KC sold out to stop the run he made some bad decisions on play action passes that led to batted balls and incompletions when the 49ers could have salted the game away. Any type of pressure totally throws him off his game - it's unfortunate the Packers' D couldn't even come close to slowing down their run game.

It was also very satisfying watching Sherman get run past like he was standing still on that big pass play late in the game...I think he's a great corner who has had a great career, but he can't get out of his own way with his attitude looking to slam all the "doubters".

Mahomes actually played pretty poorly - if he has a good game KC probably rolls the 49ers. It was nice seeing what their outside speed mixed with a great TE did to take advantage of the 49ers in coverage when Mahomes could buy a little time and not make a bad throw. Packers just didn't have the personnel to really make that gameplan work in the NFC title game, although it was frustrating that the really didn't start trying a spread-em out, hurry up approach until it was way beyond too late.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 10:21 AM Post
The receiving corps for the Chiefs proved to be just too much for the 49ers. Kelce, while he didn't have a huge game, had many nice catches. I also think Kelce didn't have a giant game because the 49ers were set on stopping the run and/or keeping Kelce from burning them. However, that meant not much help on the outside where Chiefs had some big plays. Two where all Mahomes had to do was lob it like a punt to his receiver and the other was the huge pass against Sherman.

It is the exact thing you wish the Packers had even a little of. Pretty scary to have a major mismatch at WR and TE like they have.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 10:30 AM Post
Sherman is one of the most overrated players of the last decade. He is a glorified Al Harris, a good but not great corner who had the benefit Harris did not of playing on some stacked defenses that masked his flaws. That and his personality/mouth kept him in the spotlight. There's no way he should be as revered as he is when he can't match up and insists on sticking on one side of the field, oddly enough, just like Al Harris.

His comeback from an ACL is admirable and I wish the Packers had signed him when he hit FA because I'm not saying he's bad. But he punches about two weight classes up and every fan knows who he is.

Just saw that Watkins said "shout out to Davante Adams" in post-game. Identical move that Adams burned him on in the NFCCG.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 10:41 AM Post
I thought it was a pretty entertaining game and was happy the refs stayed out of it for the most part. There were a few plays that seemed pretty obvious penalties(one guy lined up clearly offside, the delay of game was close, and the smack to JG's helmet late in the game), but I was happy they basically let the teams play and the flow seemed pretty good.

As a Niner fan I wasn't surprised to see them lose as I thought KC would win. I bet with my head last night and was happy I did so.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 10:47 AM Post
I turned it on with 8:50 left so I thought it was great.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 11:21 AM Post
Global Moderator
stoutdude04 said:
I thought it was a pretty entertaining game and was happy the refs stayed out of it for the most part. There were a few plays that seemed pretty obvious penalties(one guy lined up clearly offside, the delay of game was close, and the smack to JG's helmet late in the game), but I was happy they basically let the teams play and the flow seemed pretty good.

As a Niner fan I wasn't surprised to see them lose as I thought KC would win. I bet with my head last night and was happy I did so.

Re: Smack to the helmet

They called in the grasp so technically the play was dead before that happened.

Also, they missed one on Mahomes earlier so call it a wash.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 11:40 AM Post
Can't really recall anything ref related. The slaps on the helmet weren't called for either team so it is pretty irrelevant to me. I am pretty sure there was another slap to JG other than the one you are referring to homer...but can't remember for sure. The delay of game is also irrelevant to me. Similar no calls happen all year long, pretty normal.

There wasn't a whole lot in the way of close/questionable penalties...so the refs had a pretty easy day at the office. I think there was a hook/hold no call on the Chiefs...but it would have been somewhat ticky-tack in my opinion. The one that is being debated heavily today is that TD at the pylon. The call and decision not to overturn seemed pretty good to me. Looked like he stepped out and crossed the line at the same time. The NFL equivalent of a tie at 1B.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 11:43 AM Post
Agree on delay of game. That is very rarely called, and the TV clock is usually off 1 second from the stadium clock. They let that go all year, and I think I've heard in the past they are instructed to give them a second.

There is just absolutely never a game that goes by without one side convinced the refs were "paid." It's a byproduct of 60 replays from 100 angles.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 12:01 PM Post
homer said:
stoutdude04 said:

Re: Smack to the helmet

They called in the grasp so technically the play was dead before that happened.

Also, they missed one on Mahomes earlier so call it a wash.

Yea, that's what I mean. The refs did a good job I thought. Calls that could have been called, but was better they didnt. I forgot that they blew it dead for the grasp. I don't get too worked up over football. I will watch it because it's on, but whatever happens, happens.

EDIT: The offside call should have been called on Armstead(I think). He was clearly lined up over the ball. Even my wife, who doesn't know much asked me if the guy was allowed to line up there.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 49 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply