LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 49 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Super Bowl Thread: Who Cares vs Doesn't Matter, Sunday, Feb Something, 5ish PM

Offline  Re: Super Bowl Thread: Who Cares vs Doesn't Matter, Sunday, Feb Something, 5ish PM

Posted: February 03, 2020, 1:16 PM Post
Global Moderator
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Agree on delay of game. That is very rarely called, and the TV clock is usually off 1 second from the stadium clock. They let that go all year, and I think I've heard in the past they are instructed to give them a second.

There is just absolutely never a game that goes by without one side convinced the refs were "paid." It's a byproduct of 60 replays from 100 angles.

Who is saying the refs were paid?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Super Bowl Thread: Who Cares vs Doesn't Matter, Sunday, Feb Something, 5ish PM

Posted: February 03, 2020, 1:21 PM Post
I don't see Mahomes play all that often but I thought I was going to see more arm talent. It looked Rivers'eque on most of his throws. Not much behind them. I was expecting to see some Rodgers-type throws and it just never really happened.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 1:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
I don't see Mahomes play all that often but I thought I was going to see more arm talent. It looked Rivers'eque on most of his throws. Not much behind them. I was expecting to see some Rodgers-type throws and it just never really happened.

They didn't get to throw downfield much. I know halftime interview Reid said SF took that away from them.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 1:42 PM Post
homer said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Agree on delay of game. That is very rarely called, and the TV clock is usually off 1 second from the stadium clock. They let that go all year, and I think I've heard in the past they are instructed to give them a second.

There is just absolutely never a game that goes by without one side convinced the refs were "paid." It's a byproduct of 60 replays from 100 angles.

~40% of the fans of every team that loses every game. The Packers/Patriots/Steelers hold on every play etc etc.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 2:09 PM Post
Brew4U said:

He really didn't play well most of the game. That probably is part of it.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Super Bowl Thread: Who Cares vs Doesn't Matter, Sunday, Feb Something, 5ish PM

Posted: February 03, 2020, 3:57 PM Post
Global Moderator
OldSchoolSnapper said:
homer said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

~40% of the fans of every team that loses every game. The Packers/Patriots/Steelers hold on every play etc etc.

I certainly hope they were paid...it's not like they volunteer or anything! [wink]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 5:02 PM Post
I've got to say the only thing I found interesting about the game was all the random shifting and fake sweeps, end arounds, etc. that the Chiefs did. Charlie Day's journey to clean his shirt was the only interesting commercial. Half time show was pretty blah. Overall one of the most boring Super Bowl nights I can remember.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 5:59 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
I've got to say the only thing I found interesting about the game was all the random shifting and fake sweeps, end arounds, etc. that the Chiefs did. Charlie Day's journey to clean his shirt was the only interesting commercial. Half time show was pretty blah. Overall one of the most boring Super Bowl nights I can remember.

I liked the rocket mortgage commercial with the ripped dude being tiny. Also didnt mind the old town road dance off. Other commercials were just, meh.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Super Bowl Thread: Who Cares vs Doesn't Matter, Sunday, Feb Something, 5ish PM

Posted: February 03, 2020, 10:33 PM Post
Global Moderator
We only ended up watching 1/2 of the first Quarter and then the last 2 minutes. But the Charlie Day Tide commercial..especially the surprise appearance in the next commercial (masked singer?) was pretty funny. We were joking that Tide should've paid for him to just wander through random commercials all night. [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 49 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply