LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next  [ 314 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020 Packers Draft Thread

Offline  Re: 2020 Packers Draft Thread

Posted: March 29, 2020, 6:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
I've seen a lot of buzz about Chinn.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 30, 2020, 9:47 AM Post
First 4 rounds all seem excitingly talented. I didn't delve below the 5th round

The 1st any sound amazing. Claypool I'll take.
2nd rd. Well so because Claypool is taken Im going to take that 3rd rd ILB Wilson.
3rd rd. Ill select Hamilton the DT because
4th rd can select Tanner Muse. Dang Ive wound up with 3Def players to 1 Offensive.
Id probably poke around with trades and find an OL to draft. With multiple 5s.
I really dont want to trade down out of 2nd rd and preferably move up in the 2nd or acquire another 3rd. Guess the Claypool pick #1 ruins #2 and on down the line not as appeasing.

Im committed to Claypool and 4yrs with him vs 3 after 1st.
Hope an OL is around for 2nd. Wilson at 3rd.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 30, 2020, 3:57 PM Post
Extremely likely the Packers take an OL in the first 3 picks.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 01, 2020, 7:56 PM Post
I wonder what the ratings are going to be for the NFL draft. It's pretty much going to be must watch television at this point, is it not?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 01, 2020, 8:32 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I wonder what the ratings are going to be for the NFL draft. It's pretty much going to be must watch television at this point, is it not?

The drafts are about as fun as watching paint dry even in the current environment.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 02, 2020, 6:16 AM Post
nate82 said:
adambr2 said:

The drafts are about as fun as watching paint dry even in the current environment.

I disagree. Yeah, it's slow moving, but people are going to want to glob onto anything that is actually live and non COVID-related, and not streaming on Netflix. People are going to watch the heck out of the draft, in whatever form it takes.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 02, 2020, 7:16 AM Post
adambr2 said:

People will be glued to any type of sports event. On top of that, all the large groups that would be at one bar, will now be individual TVs. The ratings will be super bowl level.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 03, 2020, 11:10 AM Post
Global Moderator
I admit to loving the arm-chair QB aspect and hopes the NFL draft brings. My wife still gives me grief about having the draft on while she was in the hospital about to give birth to my daughter (only a 20 year grudge...).

The draft is the only sports event producing relevant news at this point, so I'd imagine people would be glued just because it represents "normal" events.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 03, 2020, 11:18 AM Post
Global Moderator
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
nate82 said:
adambr2 said:

I disagree. Yeah, it's slow moving, but people are going to want to glob onto anything that is actually live and non COVID-related, and not streaming on Netflix. People are going to watch the heck out of the draft, in whatever form it takes.

yeah I don't watch the draft to hear Jets fans boo

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2020, 8:55 AM Post
Yeah I could care less about the crowd or anything else they usually do. Just have the regular studio guys and talk to the players, gm's, coaches through skype if they want. I can't wait.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2020, 6:44 PM Post
Watching every minute lol...haven’t tuned in much the past few other than the whole first round.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2020, 8:12 AM Post
superfly said:
Watching every minute lol...haven’t tuned in much the past few other than the whole first round.

I wouldn't be surprised if the entire draft is broadcast on ABC. It's going to get enormous ratings. We are still just under 3 weeks away, and people are already begging for anything resembling normalcy. The only live or new source of any legit information is local and national news, and as we all know, most of that is anything but positive. Watching a bunch of NFL talking heads on a glorified Zoom meeting isn't ideal, but 99.9% of sports fans will gladly drink that down like the smoothest IPA you can find.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2020, 9:42 AM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
superfly said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the entire draft is broadcast on ABC. It's going to get enormous ratings. We are still just under 3 weeks away, and people are already begging for anything resembling normalcy. The only live or new source of any legit information is local and national news, and as we all know, most of that is anything but positive. Watching a bunch of NFL talking heads on a glorified Zoom meeting isn't ideal, but 99.9% of sports fans will gladly drink that down like the smoothest IPA you can find.

Yep. I signed up for a free month of WWE Network just to watch Wrestlemania. I haven't given a crap about wrestling since the 90s.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2020, 11:52 AM Post
Not draft related, but wanted to alert all Packer fans:

Fox is re-airing Super Bowl XLV in its entirety this afternoon from 2-5 pm. I’m not sure if this is nationwide or just in select markets.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2020, 8:40 PM Post
Global Moderator
Minneapolis had it on. I caught it from the end of the 3rd quarter through the 4th. Brought a tear to my eye.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2020, 3:29 AM Post
Haven’t been following this thread so I apologize if this is already been posted but if you’re looking to kill some time you can have some fun with the draft simulator.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2020, 6:17 AM Post
CheezWizHed said:
Minneapolis had it on. I caught it from the end of the 3rd quarter through the 4th. Brought a tear to my eye.

My wife (girlfriend at the time) claims to this day that when the 4th down pass from Big Ben fell incomplete, she went to hug me and I gently nudged her out of the way, to jump into the arms of my best (guy) friend, and sobbed.

I don't totally remember it like that, but I respect her recollections.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2020, 10:37 AM Post
Global Moderator
And since she still married you, you are wise to "remember" it that way too. [smile]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2020, 12:24 PM Post
paul253 said:
Haven’t been following this thread so I apologize if this is already been posted but if you’re looking to kill some time you can have some fun with the draft simulator.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

very similar to fanspeak. ran through it a few times for the packers, not loving what I am seeing available at 30, knowing that these things don't let you move up or down and are based on rankings on one "expert". fun to do, helps you learn about who could be around when the packers pick, but that's about it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2020, 3:57 PM Post
Global Moderator
Actually, I didn't think it was too bad.
- First round, all of my preferred WRs were gone, but I had my choice of ILBs Queen or Murray and my preferred OTs Jones and Cleveland. I picked Queen.
- Second round, I just missed out on TE/WR Claypool, but had my selection of WRs DPJ, Aiyuk, and Pittman. I picked DPJ.
- Third round, I saw Ben Bartch; I took Ben Bartch.

Second attempt:
- First: Got Mims this time. Both Queen and Murray were gone. Jones and Cleveland still available.
- Second: Grabbed Cole Kmet. Pittman and DPJ still there.
- Third: Grabbed Troy Dye. Bartch wasn't drafted in the three rounds at all.

Given the first scenario, i would've traded down in the first round, if possible. But i'd be happy with a draft of Queen/DPJ/Bartch. Sure its "need based", but I can't claim to really evaluate DPA either.

In the second (upon retrospect), I would've gone down again with Cleveland lasting to 49. Lots of 2nd round WRs available still. MLBs are pretty weak beyond Queen/Murray.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next  [ 314 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply