LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 150 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020 Miscellaneous NFL News

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: April 15, 2020, 12:49 PM Post
Posts: 2300
The Browns are back to their classic uniforms. While I applaud the move, I hope the internet mocks them for altering their uniforms in the first place.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: April 15, 2020, 1:16 PM Post
Posts: 6359
I didn't know whether to post it here of start a new thread but Willie Davis died today. Very sad. The Lombardi era Packers are passing away at a relatively steady pace nowadays. I can't even think of who's left. Adderley and Hornung and who else?

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: April 21, 2020, 3:30 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2313
Gronk unretires; traded (with a 7th rounder) to Tampa Bay for a 4th round pick. Will reunite with Tom Brady.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: April 21, 2020, 5:35 PM Post
Posts: 1042
Maybe this belongs in the bugging you thread but it is NFL related, the Packers are still insisting that we pay for our season tickets, they extended the deadline to June 1. It seems pretty unlikely to me that we will be able to attend games, at this point the right thing to do is say pay when we can confirm there will be attend-able games. Now they will collect our money, bank it, and then give us the choice of getting it back when the games are cancelled or apply it to next season. Either way they get to hold our cash for a while. This isn't looking out for your fans, some of whom may be short on money. Guess I will wait until the deadline and hope something changes. Reminds me of Murphy talking about $20 ticket increases, "would you rather we increase it $10 this year and then $10 next year?". Like they are doing US a favor by taking the full 20 earlier.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: April 21, 2020, 8:56 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6252
New England - Hmmmm... Let's use a retired player to trade up from the 7th round to the 4th round.

How do we get in on that action? [laughing]


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: April 22, 2020, 7:33 AM Post
Posts: 4229
CheezWizHed said:
New England - Hmmmm... Let's use a retired player to trade up from the 7th round to the 4th round.

How do we get in on that action? [laughing]


Part of me honestly thought Gronk is only doing this because he can get in the spotlight and maybe never actually play again if games are canceled. Even if there is a season there’s likely to be no OTAs, full camps, etc.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: April 22, 2020, 8:08 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 15335
Location: Milwaukee, WI
I'm a bit surprised that Brady/Bucs didn't try to pry Edelman from the Pats as well.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: April 22, 2020, 8:41 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6252
Gronk coming out of retirement plus Brady leaving makes me wonder about what is going on in NE "under the covers". Perhaps the wheels are coming off of Belichick's regime...


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: April 22, 2020, 9:28 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 15335
Location: Milwaukee, WI
I wonder if Belichick wanted Brady gone. I mean he's going to be 42 and looked like he couldn't throw the ball 25 yards last season.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: April 22, 2020, 11:31 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 394
Location: Neenah
Hopefully the Pats start a Chicago Bears style quarterback dynasty for several years.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: April 23, 2020, 12:33 PM Post
Posts: 2300
Tom Brady apparently walked into a home belonging to Byron Leftwich’s neighbor after mistaking it for Leftwich’s home.

Literally let himself in and asked ‘how’s it going, man?’ to the neighbor whom he must have assumed was a friend of Leftwich. Neat story if you excuse the poor social distancing.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom ... 45918.html


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: April 24, 2020, 9:25 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3254
Dak Prescott's brother just died at 31 years old. Terrible.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: April 25, 2020, 7:06 PM Post
Posts: 4075
nodakfan17 said:
Tom Brady apparently walked into a home belonging to Byron Leftwich’s neighbor after mistaking it for Leftwich’s home.

Literally let himself in and asked ‘how’s it going, man?’ to the neighbor whom he must have assumed was a friend of Leftwich. Neat story if you excuse the poor social distancing.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom ... 45918.html


Yea, arent they supposed to have no team contact. Just another instance of Brady breaking a small rule. [wink]


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: May 01, 2020, 7:28 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7018
There's a video circulating around of the Bills 6th round draft pick, a kicker from Georgia Southern, making a 50-yard field goal with no approach, just standing still and swinging his leg. He also makes a 60-yard kick taking one step (as opposed to the typical two steps for a field goal). That's pretty impressive.

I think the Bills quietly had a good draft. I think the got really good value in Epenesa late in the 2nd, Moss was talked about as being one of the five best RBs in the draft, and Isaiah Hodgins and Dane Jackson were good value picks in the 6th and 7th. I'm not big on Fromm, I think the 5th is about where he should have been picked, but their other picks I think were good values for where they got them.


 Top
 
Online  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: May 08, 2020, 8:32 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6287
Location: Phoenix, AZ
The Chiefs got a pretty easy schedule for a super bowl winning team. I can't remember a super bowl winning team getting this easy of a schedule since the early 90's Cowboys, maybe the Patriots have had an easier schedule?

Other than the Ravens, Saints and the Bucanneers games I don't see much of a challenge for the Chiefs. The AFC West is horrible and they should sweep all of the games.

Record wise at worst the Chiefs should finish 12-4 but they will probably go 14-2 with this schedule.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: May 09, 2020, 2:04 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3400
nate82 said:
The Chiefs got a pretty easy schedule for a super bowl winning team. I can't remember a super bowl winning team getting this easy of a schedule since the early 90's Cowboys, maybe the Patriots have had an easier schedule?

Other than the Ravens, Saints and the Bucanneers games I don't see much of a challenge for the Chiefs. The AFC West is horrible and they should sweep all of the games.

Record wise at worst the Chiefs should finish 12-4 but they will probably go 14-2 with this schedule.


88% of the schedule is pre-determined years in advance. Only two games are determined by previous year's results. Not directed at you specifically and maybe you weren't alluding that winning a super bowl should result in a more difficult schedule, but it's my rant that I must have heard this 50 times this week that "the NFL always gives XYZ an easy or difficult schedule." The opponents have been decided for I believe, 8 years on a rotation, minus 2 games. It's just the way the chips fell. The AFC North away and the AFC South at home. The Ravens obviously hurt their SOS, but the Texans were not all that much to write home about record-wise as the adjoining 1st place finisher.


 Top
 
Online  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: May 09, 2020, 3:29 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8970
lcbj68c said:
nate82 said:
The Chiefs got a pretty easy schedule for a super bowl winning team. I can't remember a super bowl winning team getting this easy of a schedule since the early 90's Cowboys, maybe the Patriots have had an easier schedule?

Other than the Ravens, Saints and the Bucanneers games I don't see much of a challenge for the Chiefs. The AFC West is horrible and they should sweep all of the games.

Record wise at worst the Chiefs should finish 12-4 but they will probably go 14-2 with this schedule.


88% of the schedule is pre-determined years in advance. Only two games are determined by previous year's results. Not directed at you specifically and maybe you weren't alluding that winning a super bowl should result in a more difficult schedule, but it's my rant that I must have heard this 50 times this week that "the NFL always gives XYZ an easy or difficult schedule." The opponents have been decided for I believe, 8 years on a rotation, minus 2 games. It's just the way the chips fell. The AFC North away and the AFC South at home. The Ravens obviously hurt their SOS, but the Texans were not all that much to write home about record-wise as the adjoining 1st place finisher.


That's what I don't get either. All of the opponents are selected with a predetermined formula. There's no person or group who picks the opponents. Only the order of opponents and location of the games is picked by people and they're supposed to factor in travel for the whole season and past locations but some teams defiantly get it worse than others. Like the 49'ers playing in New York back to back weeks and why are the Jets and Dolphins playing each other in consecutive games, even with a bye week in between? Those two things are just stupid.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: May 09, 2020, 5:29 PM Post
Posts: 6359
So hey, how about this Earl Thomas story, huh????

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Online  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: May 10, 2020, 12:16 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6287
Location: Phoenix, AZ
lcbj68c said:
nate82 said:
The Chiefs got a pretty easy schedule for a super bowl winning team. I can't remember a super bowl winning team getting this easy of a schedule since the early 90's Cowboys, maybe the Patriots have had an easier schedule?

Other than the Ravens, Saints and the Bucanneers games I don't see much of a challenge for the Chiefs. The AFC West is horrible and they should sweep all of the games.

Record wise at worst the Chiefs should finish 12-4 but they will probably go 14-2 with this schedule.


88% of the schedule is pre-determined years in advance. Only two games are determined by previous year's results. Not directed at you specifically and maybe you weren't alluding that winning a super bowl should result in a more difficult schedule, but it's my rant that I must have heard this 50 times this week that "the NFL always gives XYZ an easy or difficult schedule." The opponents have been decided for I believe, 8 years on a rotation, minus 2 games. It's just the way the chips fell. The AFC North away and the AFC South at home. The Ravens obviously hurt their SOS, but the Texans were not all that much to write home about record-wise as the adjoining 1st place finisher.


Oh I agree but I have been told the Bears and the Vikings when they have won the division it is because they had an easier schedule because of how they finished the year before.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: May 11, 2020, 12:31 PM Post
Posts: 4075
PinaMadness said:
So hey, how about this Earl Thomas story, huh????


Yea, it's pretty funny. I mean, who of us hasnt tried the ol Eiffel Tower with our brother?!?! (Me).


 Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 150 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pitchleague, SomewhereInTime, stalton, worm81, yourout and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test