LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 150 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020 Miscellaneous NFL News

Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: June 10, 2020, 11:17 PM Post
Leave the original post up, but delete mine, cool. I'll go back to just reading. Thanks

Posted: June 13, 2020, 11:08 PM Post
Here's a clever idea on the whole Kneeling during the National Anthem. Stop it and provide a 2min period at the end of the first half to kneel on the field. Players can or they can just head in to the locker room. You can do this at halftime for NBA games, after the 1st or 2nd period in Hockey. And just overall after a baseball game ends. Instead of celebrating a victory or in the losers case kneeling in front of their dugout. Why does it have to be done during the National Anthem? The act of Kneeling upon halftime is going to get media attention and that's the point right? Bring this cause to attention?

Online  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: June 14, 2020, 11:26 AM Post
Clever? Naw... Kap consulted a veteran and it still wasn’t good enough for people. He was run out of the league. I think most people are sick and tired of authoritarian type situations.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Posted: June 14, 2020, 12:15 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Clever? Naw... Kaep consulted a veteran and it still wasn’t good enough for people. He was run out of the league. I think most people are sick and tired of authoritarian type situations.

^This! Nate Boyer literally told him to kneel. I don't need to rehash the situation but Kaep took himself out of the league when he opted out of his employment agreement that he already had. It's my opinion that if he plays in 2017 under the contract he agreed to, he would have found a suitor in 2018 and beyond. Totally an opinion, but his choice to be unemployed, atleast for 2017 is on him alone. There is no guarantee or requirement of the workforce towards anyone.

All of that said, nationalism is a very cool thing, but to me, it's very much a "worry about myself" moment. I don't look around me and worry about how other people are tending to their own nationalism. It's a moment of reflection for myself. Kneeling, not removing your hat, not covering your heart, not singing along, etc. isn't disrespectful to the flag, the anthem, the country, the military, or otherwise. If we can focus on ourselves and being kind to others, then none of this becomes a concern.

Posted: June 14, 2020, 3:20 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
A lot of people will say they won't watch. For some it's just talk, they'll watch- but some won't. Ratings will tell the story. Regardless, it would be ideal if players used other forms of messaging.

I can say this with honest to God's truth.

The day NFL players started kneeling for the anthem was the last day I have tuned into an NFL game.

Also in all honesty, I haven't missed it in the least. I actually enjoyed having Sundays to do other things than lay around watching football all day. (Not to mention all the other times the NFL is now on, Thursday nights, Monday nights, etc)

I haven't enjoyed being around people who do watch though, as it always turns to uncomfortable questions directed at me. You don't watch NFL games? Why not?

I usually just say I don't want to get political, and they then know why. That is usually all it takes.

This news bums me out a bit though, as I saw a reason to come back to the NFL this season when my favorite team (Nope, not the Packers) signed Brady and Gronk. I was looking forward to watching again, did some research which told me there were only 3 players left kneeling during the 2019-2020 season.

If there is mass-kneeling again, I won't be tuning in...…..again.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Posted: June 14, 2020, 3:26 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
It would seem that the attitude of patriotism in sports is diminishing with each generation.

I would go one step further and say the attitude of patriotism in general is diminishing with each generation.

Patriotism in general seems to have taken on a negative connotation these days. Probably because our current president pushes patriotism, but there is no need to get into that. lol

Kind of sad really. I really enjoyed the patriotism that was evident after 911, at the time I didn't think that would ever go away, but it has. Another time that was great to be alive for patriotism was the bicentennial. In 1976 I was 11years old, and patriotism oozed at every turn. Those who don't remember or weren't born yet will never understand it, but that was a magical time to be a kid.

Posted: June 14, 2020, 4:45 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Clever? Naw... Kap consulted a veteran and it still wasn’t good enough for people. He was run out of the league. I think most people are sick and tired of authoritarian type situations.

Run out of the league, or just plain sucked at football?

Online  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: June 14, 2020, 5:09 PM Post
turborickey said:
Brew4U said:

There are and were a lot worse than him still given jobs. But looking at your posts above, I am sure that’s something you wouldn’t admit to.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Posted: June 14, 2020, 5:18 PM Post
Brew4U said:

There are and were a lot worse than him still given jobs. But looking at your posts above, I am sure that’s something you wouldn’t admit to.

Kaepernick was and is a horrible QB please look up the stats especially his 2015 season. I believe it is still the worst season by a QB ever. Even Tubisky's season last year wasn't even as bad as Kaepkernick's 2015 season was. His 2016 season wasn't all that much better he was a horrible QB that had baggage and that just doesn't work for a QB at best is a backup QB. I'm sorry but teams are not going to carry a controversial backup QB on their team please look at Tebow before you say anything about Kaepernick's race.

Kaepernick and Tebow are about equal when it comes to locker room distractions from the media. Plus Kaepernick wasn't all that receptive to a backup role his wife or girl friend I forget which it was called the Raven's owner a racist and that basically blew one of his contracts. So yeah he wasn't black balled out of the NFL all of this is on him and oh yeah he sucked as a QB.

Posted: June 14, 2020, 5:48 PM Post
Brew4U said:
turborickey said:
Brew4U said:

It was an honest question, one that you were unable to answer due to your desire to out me as whatever it is you are hinting at.

Again, was he run out of the league or was he just not very good? It's a question, do you have anything to back up your claim of him being run out of the league? Looking at his stats, he was bad at football, and his own worst enemy when it came to trying to be employed by the NFL.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 150 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply