LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next  [ 271 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020 NFL Draft Rounds 2,3 Discussion

Offline  2020 NFL Draft Rounds 2,3 Discussion

Posted: April 24, 2020, 7:53 AM Post
Global Moderator
Lotta talent left on the board...

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 NFL Draft 6pm Friday April 24th Rounds 2,3 Discussion

Posted: April 24, 2020, 10:35 AM Post
I figure just BPA since any guys I particularly like to fill depth like Cleveland or Kmet will almost certainly be gone by the end of the 2nd. Although I'd love a LB with some good speed, since SF really exploited our inability to get outside and keep pace with faster RBs.

If not a WR or OL, I wouldn't entirely hate a RB. Williams is a great pass blocker but he's not making any DCs nervous with his running.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 12:00 PM Post
I thought the end of round two was kind of a dead area in terms of matching up value with need for Green Bay. We can cross our fingers and hope one of those receivers or Kmet or OLman make it down to the end of round two but it's pretty doubtful. I was thinking the Packers would stay put at #26 and then maybe move up with their second round pick, now since they moved up in round one maybe they will look to trade out of round two and end up with someone like Adam Trautman/TE/Dayton, Malik Harrison/ILB/Ohio State, Reakwon Davis/DE/Alabama after the trade down. The one guy that is interesting is Chase Claypool, he could be a dropper because it sounds like NFL teams can't figure out if he's a WR or TE. Since the Packers need both, he might be ideal. Just bring him in and see where he fits best.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 12:05 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'd prefer Pittman, but wouldn't be surprised at Claypool. Don't want Kmet as he seems like a solid pick, but not really what we need.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 12:40 PM Post
I have a very faint hope that they still trade Love to Indy for the 44th and 75th picks. They could pick up a lot of talent and fill a lot of holes at 44, 62, 75 and 94. Ts, WR/TEs, DTs, LB--I think there are a lot of guys who could potentially start right away with those picks.

Alas, trading UP to get Love sure seems like he is the guy that they want.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 1:13 PM Post
Just to throw out names, I'd feel pretty good about Claypool in the 2nd, followed by K.J. Hill from Ohio State in the 3rd, then back-fill defensive depth on Saturday.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 1:46 PM Post
Global Moderator
Oxy said:
I have a very faint hope that they still trade Love to Indy for the 44th and 75th picks. They could pick up a lot of talent and fill a lot of holes at 44, 62, 75 and 94. Ts, WR/TEs, DTs, LB--I think there are a lot of guys who could potentially start right away with those picks.

Part of me thought about that last night. Has there ever been an NFL trade AFTER the player is selected? I know the NBA does that all the time but wasn't sure how the NFL handles that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 1:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
CheezWizHed said:
Oxy said:

Part of me thought about that last night. Has there ever been an NFL trade AFTER the player is selected? I know the NBA does that all the time but wasn't sure how the NFL handles that.

Eli Manning for sure, off the top of my head.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 2:08 PM Post
John Elway too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 2:44 PM Post
I reran the stimulator, got Claypool in the 2nd, and Harrison Bryant in the 3rd. I think that would be fine. wanted to get an OT in the 3rd but nothing much there. Bryant is my 2nd favorite TE in this draft and Claypool is one of the guys I'd hope the packers look at.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 2:50 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
I'd prefer Pittman, but wouldn't be surprised at Claypool. Don't want Kmet as he seems like a solid pick, but not really what we need.

we need to get Rodgers weapons. I don't care if its WR, TE, offensive line up. if they have a good night tonight, it will soften the blow of the love pick. I'd love to have 2 TE's that have the ability to catch passes rather than are just glorified offensive linemen like Lewis.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 3:16 PM Post
Global Moderator
SI's 2nd/3rd round re-mock today has Pittman making it to GB at 62, and Logan Wilson at LB in the 3rd. I'd be thrilled if that's our day 2.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 3:59 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:

Eli Manning for sure, off the top of my head.

I used to think it wasn't allowed until that day, happens all the time in the NBA not sure why you don't see it more in the NFL. You would think at the top of the draft teams would try to call a bluff and force a trade. Too risky I guess.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 4:04 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'd prefer Les Claypool

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 4:14 PM Post
Global Moderator
patrickgpe said:
CheezWizHed said:

we need to get Rodgers weapons. I don't care if its WR, TE, offensive line up. if they have a good night tonight, it will soften the blow of the love pick. I'd love to have 2 TE's that have the ability to catch passes rather than are just glorified offensive linemen like Lewis.

I see Kmet as a young Lewis. Mostly a blocker that will catch some passes. Hence, my comment. We can get some half-back types at the end of the draft to fill the TE need. I'd prefer more of the move TEs/WR initially to help the offense.

SI's 2nd/3rd round re-mock today has Pittman making it to GB at 62, and Logan Wilson at LB in the 3rd. I'd be thrilled if that's our day 2.
+1. Perfect second day.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 4:39 PM Post
Perfect Day: trade Love for 34 or 44 and 75

44: T Josh Jones
62: LB Logan Wilson OR DL like Elliott, Gallimore, Davis
75: Chase Claypool
94: Laviska Shenault

Realistically perfect day:

62: Mims/Pittman
94: Matt Peart

Probably more like:
62: Davion Taylor
94: Amik Robertson

Maybe:

trade 62 and 94 to get 44th pick

44: Jacob Eason. Let Eason and Love battle it out for the back up spot and heir apparent.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 5:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
Well the early run on WRs isn’t great.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 5:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
WR, WR go 1, 2 to start the 2nd. Pittman went much earlier than I expected.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 5:26 PM Post
Lions finally got Barry Sanders's heir apparent.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 24, 2020, 5:28 PM Post
Lions now have a CB that will be picking off Love in no time and a RB that will gash our defense to smithereens.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next  [ 271 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply