LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 39 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Favre Allegedly Received Mississippi State Funds for Non-Appearances

Offline  Favre Allegedly Received Mississippi State Funds for Non-Appearances

Posted: May 04, 2020, 10:06 PM Post
Dude has always been a money hungry scumbag.

From shilling pseudoscience devices to this.

He should be prosecuted but we know most likely nothing will happen.

https://sports.yahoo.com/audit-brett-fa ... 03643.html

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Scumbag Favre

Posted: May 05, 2020, 8:12 PM Post
Seems like a bit of a reach and overreaction at this point.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Scumbag Favre

Posted: May 05, 2020, 8:21 PM Post
Yeah, let's maybe see what culpability Favre himself has in this before making these kinds of declarations. Let the evidence come out,; if he did in fact commit a crime, by all means prosecute him.

I'm curious to hear the rest of the story on this. Seems odd that the article would plainly say that Favre isn't facing any criminal charges from this, so I'm hoping it will be better explained what actually happened.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 05, 2020, 8:48 PM Post
Brew4U said:

There isn't really a good explanation that Favre can fall back on for this one. Either he entered into a deal he knew he didn't have to fulfill or he took taxpayer money and blew off the speaking engagements. The fact there were multiple events is hard to rationalize.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Scumbag Favre

Posted: May 05, 2020, 9:25 PM Post
burnzy24 said:
Brew4U said:

There isn't really a good explanation that Favre can fall back on for this one. Either he entered into a deal he knew he didn't have to fulfill or he took taxpayer money and blew off the speaking engagements. The fact there were multiple events is hard to rationalize.

There's actually a lot of possible explanations. Maybe it's part of one of many memorabilia deals. Maybe it was set up for a foundation in his name by his representatives without any real knowledge on his part of it.

Or maybe he's a scumbag and knew all about everything. I really don't know. But can we at least hear what happened before we draw definite conclusions?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2020, 12:42 AM Post
Maybe it's his manager who set this up and the money went elsewhere...like a Daughter's college buyin.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2020, 6:23 AM Post
Yeah, I’m always amazed at those that will jump to a conclusion without any real information pushed out. Has society always been this way or does it just suck now?

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2020, 6:39 AM Post
Didn’t Favre also get duped into making a Cameo video for a white supremacist group? I think poor management is the more likely cause of these media black eyes.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2020, 7:05 AM Post
Certainly worthy of mentioning and obviously part of a much bigger issue with Mississippi Funds as a whole but not sure how any judgment can be made at this point regarding Favre's role. Pretty piss poor topic title.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Favre Allegedly Received Mississippi State Funds for Non-Appearances

Posted: May 06, 2020, 7:15 AM Post
Global Moderator
Yeah, I've modified the title to reflect the topic itself, rather than a personal opinion.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2020, 11:20 AM Post
Brew4U said:
Yeah, I’m always amazed at those that will jump to a conclusion without any real information pushed out. Has society always been this way or does it just suck now?

If the story were about Aaron Rodgers there would be a lot more people from WI playing defense on this one.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Favre Allegedly Received Mississippi State Funds for Non-Appearances

Posted: May 06, 2020, 2:26 PM Post
Yea scumbag athlete who's always been a scumbag gets benefit of the doubt.

News at 11.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2020, 2:27 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Brew4U said:

If the story were about Aaron Rodgers there would be a lot more people from WI playing defense on this one.

I’m not even defending Favre, just more so a wait and see what the heck this actually is before saying much. I hope he had nothing going on because no matter what, this situation was in the wrong.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Favre Allegedly Received Mississippi State Funds for Non-Appearances

Posted: May 06, 2020, 2:39 PM Post
Brett Favre probably has no idea any of this ever happened. The entire arrangement was probably set up by his handlers and never made it back to him. I couldn't care less about defending him. He just doesn't seem like the type to be making big business deals on his own. Like Brett Favre ever put in a lick of work into "Prevacus." His agent gave him a script and said show up and read this and you get paid.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2020, 5:01 PM Post
Favre repaid the money already. Like mentioned above. He probably had no idea of the situation but his name makes the story that much juicer.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Favre Allegedly Received Mississippi State Funds for Non-Appearances

Posted: May 06, 2020, 5:15 PM Post
rondoman said:
Yea scumbag athlete who's always been a scumbag gets benefit of the doubt.

News at 11.

Exact quote from the actual person who was in charge of the audit:

""I want to applaud Mr. Favre for his good faith effort to make this right and make the taxpayers and TANF families whole,'' White said in a statement Wednesday. "To date, we have seen no records indicating Mr. Favre knew that TANF was the program that served as the source of the money he was paid.''

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2020, 6:02 PM Post
Global Moderator
Seems odd he'd get a million bucks and not know why nor ask anybody about it.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2020, 6:31 PM Post
homer said:
Seems odd he'd get a million bucks and not know why nor ask anybody about it.

Favre never struck me as someone who was very financially savvy. The article said that it went to Favre's company, Favre Enterprises, but not specifically to him. I would bet money that Brett is not in charge of the financials for Favre Enterprises.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2020, 7:20 PM Post
Source: Favre’s Twitter:
“My agent is often approached by different products and brands for me to appear in one way or another. This request was no different, and I did numerous ads for Families First.“

“I have never received monies for obligations I didn’t meet. To reiterate Auditors White’s statement, I was unaware that the money being dispersed was paid for out of funds not intended for that purpose, and because of that I am refunding the full amount back to Mississippi.“

“I have spent my entire career helping children through Favre 4 Hope donating nearly $10 million to underserved and underprivileged children in Mississippi and Wisconsin.“

“It has brought a ton of joy to my life, and I would certainly never do anything to take away from the children I have fought to help! I love Mississippi and I would never knowingly do anything to take away from those that need it most.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2020, 7:22 PM Post
If he isn’t following the financials on a regular basis and has a lot of money going in/out it isn’t hard to believe he never really noticed getting a free million. I doubt he makes the deal to do the speeches and I really doubt he watches the accounts. Former athletes making $1mil to speak twice have people to do that for them.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 39 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply