LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 61  Next  [ 1218 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020 Miscellaneous NFL News

Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: October 19, 2020, 8:17 PM Post
This HAS to be it for Jason Garrett, right?

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 8:25 PM Post
homer said:
Brew4U said:
I mean, what was the plan on offense? McCarthy might want to take that over. Looking like an awful game plan so far.

The plan in GB was "let Aaron Rodgers do stuff". Seemed to be working for Dak too. Not so much with Andy.

Andy Dalton should be able to lead that offense to a winning record. Dalton's not great, but he's not a scrub. Though they are down Smith, Frederick, and Collins from last year. That's 3 All-Pro Caliber OL. Still, best trio of WR'ers in the NFL and Zeke.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 8:27 PM Post
PinaMadness said:

Garrett? I think you're a year behind, he's in New York...which to be fair is terrible and he should be fired from there as well, but if you thought enough of him to hire him before this season, firing him wouldn't make much sense as he has almost nothing to work with. Not even Barkley.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 8:41 PM Post
HiAndTight said:
PinaMadness said:

Garrett? I think you're a year behind, he's in New York...which to be fair is terrible and he should be fired from there as well, but if you thought enough of him to hire him before this season, firing him wouldn't make much sense as he has almost nothing to work with. Not even Barkley.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 8:50 PM Post
MM might not even survive one season in Dallas.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 9:07 PM Post
yourout said:

But he's a highly successful football coach.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 9:08 PM Post
I LOVE seeing shots of the Cowboys fans in agony.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 1:45 AM Post
McCarthy without Favre or Rodgers: 8-16–1 (0.340)

He’ll get a pass with Dak’s injury.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 4:24 AM Post
Are we really now slamming McCarthy in Dallas after he’s lost his starting QB and most of his starting offensive line in year one of a job? Packer fans have become some of the worst.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 5:36 AM Post
I actually think MM is a decent guy/coach. You wouldn’t hear a peep from me if he was coaching the Jets or Jaguars. I just hate the Cowboys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 6:59 AM Post
PinaMadness said:
Over/under on wins for the NFC East champion at 6.5

I know there has to be some bad divisions in history, but wow, six teams in football have as many wins as that entire division combined.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 8:11 AM Post
PinaMadness said:
yourout said:

But he's a highly successful football coach.

Beautiful passive-aggressive quote from MM last night: "most importantly, I didn't coach very well. I have a continuing issue with ball security on my football team." My wife couldn't have said it better.

I give him bonus points for use of the word "football" to describe his team, so we know which team he is talking about. And as far as ball security, you ALWAYS hear rookies say that the hardest adjustment to pro ball is that they aren't allowed to fumble the ball on every play. I guess without a proper training camp, MM was unable to teach that part.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 8:33 AM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
Are we really now slamming McCarthy in Dallas after he’s lost his starting QB and most of his starting offensive line in year one of a job? Packer fans have become some of the worst.

I would say what you are seeing is 95% schadenfreude because it's the Cowboys and 5% interest to see if Rodgers propped up MM for years, thus wasting most of Rodgers' prime years. I don't think anyone here holds ill-will against Mike the man himself.

If you think this is "the worst", you don't spend much time on other forums. Of course, people troll those forums too.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: October 20, 2020, 9:13 AM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:

Also this:

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 9:21 AM Post
I wouldn't call it slamming him. It's been, what two or three posters? and like the guy before me, I think it has more to do with Cowboy hate.

Last edited by Underachiever on October 20, 2020, 12:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 12:25 PM Post
Underachiever said:
Brew4U said:

I'm not slamming him. This guy seems to be:

Brew4U said:
I mean, what was the plan on offense? McCarthy might want to take that over. Looking like an awful game plan so far.

Really poor post here. How is this slamming him? I think he is a good offensive-minded coach and I think it is a mistake for him to let another person call plays for that team right now.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 12:45 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Underachiever said:
Brew4U said:

I'm not slamming him. This guy seems to be:

Brew4U said:

Really poor post here. How is this slamming him? I think he is a good offensive-minded coach and I think it is a mistake for him to let another person call plays for that team right now.

I misread. Thought it was funny. My apologies. Tried to edit before it got noticed, but didn't make it.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: October 20, 2020, 12:46 PM Post
Cowboys players discontent with coaches after 2-4 start https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-player ... -2-4-start

Not sure his players think he's a great coach.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 1:23 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Cowboys players discontent with coaches after 2-4 start https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-player ... -2-4-start

Not sure his players think he's a great coach.

NFL Network's Jane Slater reported players are starting to let their discontent be known. One player told Slater that Mike McCarthy's staff is "totally unprepared. They don't teach. They don't have any sense of adjusting on the fly."

"They just aren't good at their jobs," another player told Slater.

Hmm, sounds pretty familiar.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 6:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
Wow. The honeymoon is over...quickly.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 61  Next  [ 1218 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply