LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 46  Next  [ 913 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020 Miscellaneous NFL News

Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: October 23, 2020, 1:41 PM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
It will be interesting to see just how bad of a record the eventual NFC east champ has - within their division they are all about equal, meaning they will likely beat up on each other and there won't be a team that pads their record with 5 or 6 interdivision W's. Outside their division they are all equally awful and have a solid shot at losing most all of their games.

I think the Eagles have the best chance at finishing with 8ish wins even with a tie already on their record, but if they falter the division champ may wind up being a 7 or even 6 win team. Having an entire division be that pathetic in today's NFL is incredibly difficult to do. The fact all 4 teams are traditionally among the league's most popular based on organizational history and markets they play in is even more perfect.

I honestly think six wins can win this division, and I pray to God that is exactly what happens.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 23, 2020, 8:13 PM Post
AB to TB to play with TB again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 24, 2020, 12:57 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
AB to TB to play with TB again.

Wonderful...

How in the hell does TB get AB when they had like 6 grand left in cap room?
No matter...so many things can happen before we'd likely play TB that it's not even worrying about right now.

But it's a fascinating move. Ariens said explicitly that they wouldn't sign him whilst Brady has been pushing for him for months.

I'd say it reminds me of other NFL "super teams" who end up falling apart. Though it was pretty remarkable how in sync Brady and AB were last year in just the one drive where AB caught 3 or 4 passes, including a really nice back shoulder on a 20 yard TD.

Meanwhile, Gute is reportedly looking for trades to try and improve this team. Lets hope he can pull a couple off.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 24, 2020, 1:05 AM Post
CheezWizHed said:
Yeah, but what team DOESN'T care about how people are on and off the field? They all do. And I'm speaking more about how some of the fans would talk about different players and use the "Packer People" term rather than the organization. It was a little too righteous at times for my liking.

There have been several teams that reveled in being "bad boys" and encouraged dirty play or cheap shots. Then off the field, it was just don't get caught. As I mentioned the 70's Raiders, Jerry Jones' Cowboys, the 90's Vikings (remember the Love Boat or the Urinator?)...

The whole comment came up on how the Packers did business, so I assumed you meant they were being self-righteous. Makes more sense to simply look at how the Packers acted (they did intentionally pass on a few players, but worked with others) to see what it actually means. The opinions of a couple fans that annoy you don't really amount to much.

It was a rhetorical question. The Raiders of the '70s and '80s were obviously one of those teams, but teams don't do that any longer. That was 40+ years ago.
I think the Vikings thing was a big overblown. They said all the same things about bringing in high character guys...they just had some really stupid and funny stories that Packers fans reveled in.

And even the Cowboys...they put how many guys with Dez Bryant, hired security to ensure he would behave.

I would disagree that it was the "opinions" of a "couple of fans." It was the majority of the fan base that believed the Packes held their players to higher standards. Someone said they became a fan of another team because Packers fans were the Cardinal fans of the NFL. Not sure I'd go that far, but there does seem to be a moral superiority among a pretty sizeable fanbase.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 24, 2020, 1:17 AM Post
nate82 said:
Speaking of the game last night.

https://streamable.com/nkxs04

The Turf Monster bit him...probably happened to anyone who's ever played football, but when you're a marginal QB on a winless team...it looks a bit worse. Though I have to admit, "marginal QB" proves I was wrong about Daniel Jones. He's exceeded my expectations and if he had talent around him, 'Danny Dimes" might actually become a serviceable QB in the NFL.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 24, 2020, 1:35 AM Post
PinaMadness said:
Fear The Chorizo said:
It will be interesting to see just how bad of a record the eventual NFC east champ has - within their division they are all about equal, meaning they will likely beat up on each other and there won't be a team that pads their record with 5 or 6 interdivision W's. Outside their division they are all equally awful and have a solid shot at losing most all of their games.

I think the Eagles have the best chance at finishing with 8ish wins even with a tie already on their record, but if they falter the division champ may wind up being a 7 or even 6 win team. Having an entire division be that pathetic in today's NFL is incredibly difficult to do. The fact all 4 teams are traditionally among the league's most popular based on organizational history and markets they play in is even more perfect.

I honestly think six wins can win this division, and I pray to God that is exactly what happens.

I've got Dallas winning 7 games and winning the division, but 6 is legitimately possible.

One of the nice things about the NFL. Watching teams like Washington, Dallas, NYG and Philly all be among the 10 worst teams in the NFL because they can't just outspend everyone else.

As a Packers fan...I do have a soft spot for Wellington Mara, without whom, the Packers would almost certainly no longer exist, but without whom, the Giants would probably be able to spend about 400 million a year to sign whomever they wanted so they could at least 'Yankee' their way to being somewhat competitive.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 12:00 PM Post
The stank of the Washington "Football Team" is no match for the stank of the Cowboys D.

Woof. That is a bad team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 12:01 PM Post
OBJ out with a knee. Wonder how serious it is.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 12:02 PM Post
Mike McCarthy might be an OC for a mid-major in 2 years.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 12:09 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

Offense is not their problem.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 12:11 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

Sure looks like it may be one now without Dak.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 12:14 PM Post
adambr2 said:
PinaMadness said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

Sure looks like it may be one now without Dak.

Maybe, but their defense isn't only worse, it's historically bad.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 12:22 PM Post
Yeah, giving up 22 first half points to a Kyle Allen led squad known as Football Team is probably not good.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 12:52 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

That won't save his job when they go 3-13. Five games into this and players are leaking stories to the media about how inept the staff is.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 12:57 PM Post
Wow, the Steelers are looking like the team to beat in the AFC. Definitely not the Bills. They'll probably come back and win but boy, has the shine come off them the past few weeks.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 1:17 PM Post
Dalton out of the game with a certain concussion due to a cheap shot. Some guy named Ben DiNucci in at QB now. Wonder who they'll sign this week.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 1:18 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

Mike Sherman went from HC and GM of the Green Bay Packers, to an NFL OC again, to a college coach at A&M, to a 4-18 high school coach and fired CFL coach.

It can go downhill in a hurry once they figure out that you don't really know what you're doing.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: October 25, 2020, 1:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
McCarthy does seem destined to be the next head coach at the University of Pittsburgh.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 2:04 PM Post
Bizarre play in Atlanta/Detroit. Falcons just need to sit on it and kick a FG for the win. Handoff to Gurley and Detroit clearly trying to let him score. Gurley tries to stop himself at the goalline but his momentum barely breaks the plane as Detroit defenders signal emphatically for a TD. Lol.

So as a result Detroit gets one more chance to win.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 2:12 PM Post
Falcons gonna Falcon.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 46  Next  [ 913 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply