LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 43  Next  [ 845 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020 Miscellaneous NFL News

Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News
Posted: October 25, 2020, 2:13 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Bizarre play in Atlanta/Detroit. Falcons just need to sit on it and kick a FG for the win. Handoff to Gurley and Detroit clearly trying to let him score. Gurley tries to stop himself at the goalline but his momentum barely breaks the plane as Detroit defenders signal emphatically for a TD. Lol.

So as a result Detroit gets one more chance to win.

And they win on last play of game, now 3-3. Man Atlanta has blown an obscene amount of games this season. The curse of that SB loss I guess.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 2:14 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
McCarthy does seem destined to be the next head coach at the University of Pittsburgh.

I think that’s being kind. The head coach of a Power 5 college team may be his ceiling now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 2:16 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
PeaveyFury said:
McCarthy does seem destined to be the next head coach at the University of Pittsburgh.

I think that’s being kind. The head coach of a Power 5 college team may be his ceiling now.

I think he already mailed it in at the end of his Packer career. But you knew someone was going to be stupid and give him one last contract, glad it was the Cowboys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 2:55 PM Post
The headline on NFL.com is “Dalton suffers concussion in loss; Bostic ejected for hit.”

I guess you could say McCarthy was done in by Bostic again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 2:58 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
The headline on NFL.com is “Dalton suffers concussion in loss; Bostic ejected for hit.”

I'm sure he'll lobby Jerry to sign Kizer tomorrow.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 3:02 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
nodakfan17 said:

I'm sure he'll lobby Jerry to sign Kizer tomorrow.

His quarterback room is right where it needs to be.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 3:06 PM Post
Both Penn State and the Falcons could have won this weekend by taking a seat at the 1 yard line and letting the clock run. I realize it’s easier said than done to tells RBs (who spend their entire football careers trying to earn extra yards) not to score, but that doesn’t excuse the mental errrors at these levels.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 3:08 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
Both Penn State and the Falcons could have won this weekend by taking a seat at the 1 yard line and letting the clock run. I realize it’s easier said than done to tells RBs (who spend their entire football careers trying to earn extra yards) not to score, but that doesn’t excuse the mental errrors at these levels.

IIRC Gurley did just that against us a couple years ago when he was with the Rams. That was the Ty Montgomery game.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 3:26 PM Post
I was thinking McCarthy is lucky the Jets didn't give him the job last year. Pretty sure he just coached himself out of the NFL today. Maybe he can be an offensive assistant on a team, but that's about it at this point.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 3:37 PM Post
It'll be interesting to see how Jerry handles it. He stuck with Jason Garrett for longer than a lot of people thought he would. Now, his roster has gone to hell, he's just hired MM, and might want to take a long look in the mirror as to why this team isn't good.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 3:41 PM Post
McCarthy was not happy after the game that the team didn't take umbrage with Bostic after knocking Dalton and I agree with him. Not even halfway through the season and the players have already mailed it in. I wish we had them on the schedule.

Last edited by PinaMadness on October 25, 2020, 3:48 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 3:48 PM Post
Brew4U said:
It'll be interesting to see how Jerry handles it. He stuck with Jason Garrett for longer than a lot of people thought he would. Now, his roster has gone to hell, he's just hired MM, and might want to take a long look in the mirror as to why this team isn't good.

Garrett was a Cowboy so got a longer leash with Jerry and the fan base. MM was more of a typical JJ move, hire the big name to appease the fans when even doormats like Cleveland and the Jets passed on him. Jones really just needs turnover control to a real GM but I hope he doesn't.

Philly in 1st place in the East at 2-4-1, having 4 team divisions may finally make the NFL look stupid this year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 3:56 PM Post
Looking more and more likely that Tampa Bay is the cream of the NFC crop.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 4:18 PM Post
yourout said:

Lot of season left. I fully expect the Saints to at least challenge if not win the South.

But it's vitally important if we have larger aspirations to not only with the division but clinch HFA.

I don't like our chances of winning a playoff game in either Tampa or San Francisco. Get them at Lambeau.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 4:24 PM Post
Now is not the time for the Niners to start finding their bearings but it looks like they are.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 4:29 PM Post
Global Moderator
OldHeidelberg said:
Brew4U said:

Garrett was a Cowboy so got a longer leash with Jerry and the fan base. MM was more of a typical JJ move, hire the big name to appease the fans

I think Garrett’s Cowboy connection was 99% of the reason he wasn’t canned two seasons earlier.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 4:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
Sometimes I forget that the Jaguars and Chargers exist(mostly because they’re usually bad and their games mean nothing to me as a Packer fan). And they’re playing each other today.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 4:58 PM Post
adambr2 said:
yourout said:

Lot of season left. I fully expect the Saints to at least challenge if not win the South.

But it's vitally important if we have larger aspirations to not only with the division but clinch HFA.

I don't like our chances of winning a playoff game in either Tampa or San Francisco. Get them at Lambeau.

Unless they get bit by injuries or covid I think they're the class of the conference.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 7:50 PM Post
This SNF game is like Madden.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 9:20 PM Post
Global Moderator
Is Kingsbury supposed to be some kind of offensive guru? His play calling is so stupid. Down 10, under 5 min to go and they've had like four runs and one pass.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 43  Next  [ 845 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply