LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next  [ 257 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice

Offline  Re: Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice
Posted: October 28, 2020, 8:18 PM Post
Global Moderator
adambr2 said:
Herbert vs. Broncos or Tannehill vs. Bengals?

From CBS:
Quarterback Start 'Em & Sit 'Em

Start 'Em: Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow
"Herbert was a big boom in Week 7 as the Start of the Week against Jacksonville, and he should remain in your lineup in Week 8 as well. He had 43 Fantasy points against the Jaguars and has now scored at least 23 Fantasy points in four of five starts this season. The Broncos have limited Sam Darnold, Cam Newton and, surprisingly, Patrick Mahomes in the past three games, although I'm not counting last week as a win for Denver's defense in stopping the Chiefs. Prior to that, Ryan Tannehill, Ben Roethlisberger and Tom Brady all scored at least 22 Fantasy points against them, and Herbert will be in that category this week."

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 29, 2020, 3:46 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Herbert vs. Broncos or Tannehill vs. Bengals?

I'm starting Tannehill, so go with Herbert. [laughing]

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 29, 2020, 7:26 AM Post
Herbert is my only option, Watson is on the bye.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2020, 8:08 AM Post
Global Moderator
Does anyone do daily fantasy on like DraftKings or FanDuel? If so, I have a question. Some weeks the big $1million tournament includes the 720pm Sun game and some weeks it does not. Does anybody know if there's a rhyme or reason to that? Just curious.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 5:55 PM Post
I know I said I was done with 49er running backs but maybe just for one week I'll pick up Hasty.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 7:58 PM Post
Jonathan Wilkins had 20, 20 carries this week with a fully healthy Taylor. Should I use my #1 priority to pick him up?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 03, 2020, 7:55 AM Post
Need to stream a defense this weekend, and the options are less than ideal: Anybody have a suggestion.

NYG vs Wash
Wash vs NYG
Hou vs Jax
SF vs GB
ATL vs Den
AZ vs Mia
Det vs Min

i am thinking the pick is either giants or washington, but no really great option.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 03, 2020, 10:48 AM Post
I'm going to try to get Houston if I can this week. The Jags are starting a 6th round rookie at QB. I had about two weeks where my streams worked well this year, otherwise they've all been total disasters so who knows.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 03, 2020, 11:33 AM Post
Global Moderator
I think WSH front is pretty darn good. A lot of D in fantasy is luck but if you can get pressure on a young QB I think that tilts the scales.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 03, 2020, 4:10 PM Post
thanks I did my WW Priority, #1 washington, #2 houston, #3 arizona. I drafted Minnesota, which was a disaster and started streaming to mild success. Streamed the Rams a few weeks back that I have been using them since.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 03, 2020, 4:28 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
Need to stream a defense this weekend, and the options are less than ideal: Anybody have a suggestion.

NYG vs Wash
Wash vs NYG
Hou vs Jax
SF vs GB
ATL vs Den
AZ vs Mia
Det vs Min

i am thinking the pick is either giants or washington, but no really great option.

I have the same dilemma. I'm leaning toward Washington too. Daniel Jones should be good for two turnovers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 03, 2020, 8:14 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
patrickgpe said:

NYG vs Wash
Wash vs NYG
Hou vs Jax
SF vs GB
ATL vs Den
AZ vs Mia
Det vs Min

I have the same dilemma. I'm leaning toward Washington too. Daniel Jones should be good for two turnovers.

I have the same issue. I took Jacksonville, because I feel they can get shutout.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 04, 2020, 7:59 AM Post
got washington, Jones looked OK at times against TB. Jacksonville is the easier matchup for QB. I do think Washington is the better defense though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 04, 2020, 10:06 AM Post
Global Moderator
I tried for WSH and missed (i'm last in waiver order). Picked up TENN instead. Bears O Line lost two starters this week and one of them was Jason Spriggs so the guy now playing is somehow worse than Jason Spriggs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 04, 2020, 3:31 PM Post
i need two RB's from this group:
Antonio Gibson
Justin Jackson
DeeJay Dallas
JaMycal Hasty

My gut is telling me to stick with Gibson and Jackson as they are the known commodities and don't need to worry about other player's health to define their role. However, my gut is also telling me that Dallas and Hasty have ski high ceilings compared to the other two. Dallas could be the only healthy back in a great offense and Hasty could be the lead back against a D that can't stop the run. I'm also a little concerned that the 49'ers total lack of a QB is going to negate whatever advantage they have on the ground.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 04, 2020, 4:18 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Antonio Gibson
Justin Jackson
DeeJay Dallas
JaMycal Hasty

My gut is telling me to stick with Gibson and Jackson as they are the known commodities and don't need to worry about other player's health to define their role. However, my gut is also telling me that Dallas and Hasty have ski high ceilings compared to the other two. Dallas could be the only healthy back in a great offense and Hasty could be the lead back against a D that can't stop the run. I'm also a little concerned that the 49'ers total lack of a QB is going to negate whatever advantage they have on the ground.

The Niners could dig up Carl Monroe's rotting corpse and he'd go for 150. Go with Hasty.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 04, 2020, 4:30 PM Post
tough one, I'd go with the high risk / high return options and take Dallas and Hasty.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 04, 2020, 9:03 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
jerichoholicninja said:
Antonio Gibson
Justin Jackson
DeeJay Dallas
JaMycal Hasty

The Niners could dig up Carl Monroe's rotting corpse and he'd go for 150. Go with Hasty.

I can easily see the Packers getting up big early and then McKinnon takes most of the snaps as the pass catcher. Plus I avoid playing Thursday game guys unless they are no-brainer starts. But I don't see anyway this game is actually played on a Thursday.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 04, 2020, 10:30 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
PinaMadness said:
jerichoholicninja said:
Antonio Gibson
Justin Jackson
DeeJay Dallas
JaMycal Hasty

I can easily see the Packers getting up big early and then McKinnon takes most of the snaps as the pass catcher. Plus I avoid playing Thursday game guys unless they are no-brainer starts. But I don't see anyway this game is actually played on a Thursday.

It sure looks to me like they're going forward with it tomorrow. It's less than 24 hours out and I haven't heard a peep about it being pushed back. I assume we're already in San Francisco and you would think they would have wanted to move on this before we traveled.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 05, 2020, 7:46 AM Post
So I am in a bit of a pickle. My RBs are still a disaster after losing Chubb/Barkley. I know I have to start one of McKinnion/Hasty as one of my two RBs. Partially because I really have no other option and partially because the Packers run defense is trash.

However past that I run into issues picking my flex:

McKinnion/Hasty (GB gives up most points to RBs)
Noah Fant (ATL gives up most points to TEs)
Jamison Crowder (almost impossible to pick as he may not play and has a MON game)
Jordan Wilkins (risky and terrible match up)

I know generally speaking starting two RBs on the same team is probably not the wisest. However, the match up is great and worst case I should hopefully still get decent points between the two. Do I just hedge my bets and start them both?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next  [ 257 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply