LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next  [ 257 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice

Online  Re: Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice

Posted: September 27, 2020, 10:53 AM Post
Kupp is due for a game.

I'd go Johnson and Kupp. Unironically.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice

Posted: September 27, 2020, 1:15 PM Post
175 receiving yards for Justin Jefferson so far today and it’s still early in the 3rd quarter. If he’s a free agent in your league, I would look to add him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 27, 2020, 5:19 PM Post
OMG, even my opponent's kicker (Gostkowski) has outscored everyone on my team so far.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 28, 2020, 7:00 AM Post
RollieTime said:
175 receiving yards for Justin Jefferson so far today and it’s still early in the 3rd quarter. If he’s a free agent in your league, I would look to add him.

He's a rookie receiver playing with a terribly inconsistent QB. He's gonna have blow-up games, but he's also gonna have games where he has 2 caches for 12 yards.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 28, 2020, 12:01 PM Post
Looks like time to cut bait on MVS and Malcolm Brown and see what else I can find on the free agency scrap heap this week. Last week the scrap heap pick up was Mo Alie Cox. Going to hang onto him yet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 28, 2020, 12:45 PM Post
Global Moderator
adambr2 said:
Looks like time to cut bait on MVS and Malcolm Brown and see what else I can find on the free agency scrap heap this week. Last week the scrap heap pick up was Mo Alie Cox. Going to hang onto him yet.

I think MVS gets a boost when Davante is on the field. Coverage shifts Adams' way and allows MVS to run his fly routes one on one (for the most part). Might be worth keeping one more week against a crappy ATL defense. Bye is after that so can drop him then.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 28, 2020, 1:54 PM Post
Lazard

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2020, 5:44 AM Post
What do you do this week if you have Pat Mahomes? There’s still a chance this week’s postponed game gets cancelled.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2020, 7:42 AM Post
Global Moderator
Yeah I have Hill. I'm waiting it out until the last minute. Looks like they'll play on Mon or Tuesday but no confirmation yet.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2020, 8:53 AM Post
I think you are good if you are waiting on KC/NE. All NE tests came back negative now so it sounds like it's a go for Monday night.

For any COVID-19 game uncertainties, my strategy this year is to only hold out for studs. If I have two guys who are close and one of them is in limbo, that breaks the tie.

Example, would normally be starting Julian Edelman this week, but him and Robby Anderson are close so I'm just starting Robby out of an abundance of caution rather than risk an empty spot over two guys who are close to a wash.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2020, 10:32 AM Post
No more positive tests for both the Chiefs and Pats and it looks like they'll play Monday.

So with that being said, last minute advice. I'm thinking of subbing McKinnon for Wadkins as my flex, maybe Cobb. I already have Hill starting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2020, 11:19 AM Post
I'd go McKinnon over Watkins for sure. Watkins is so hit and miss. McKinnon has been returning pretty good value with or without Mostert in the lineup.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2020, 1:01 PM Post
Enough of the "Robby Anderson is a WR3/flex with upside."

Dude is a solid WR2.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2020, 12:36 PM Post
5 out or 12 people in my league claimed Tonyan, even though he is on a bye. was hoping to fix my TE situation, even though the jury is still out on him. Didn't get him.

Still have to go with Engram this week, thinking about claiming Cox. The guy that got Tonyan did release Hockinson, so i am hoping to be awarded him to play next week.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2020, 10:07 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
5 out or 12 people in my league claimed Tonyan, even though he is on a bye. was hoping to fix my TE situation, even though the jury is still out on him. Didn't get him.

Still have to go with Engram this week, thinking about claiming Cox. The guy that got Tonyan did release Hockinson, so i am hoping to be awarded him to play next week.

I don't follow fantasy football that closely, but that seems like a pretty nice addition. He looks like he's gonna be an elite TE for a while.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 09, 2020, 7:18 AM Post
releasing him for Toynan seemed fishy to me. Adams will be back after the bye and he had one really really good game, but thats because Rodgers had no WR's to throw to. One of the lessons I learned over the years is to go with the long game and who will be most likely to succeed later in the season. I generally love to pick up people who get released from their bye week and stash them. I always keep one or 2 roster spots open for this, or to take risks on guys like Tonyan but would never release a guy I plan to start every week for a lottery ticket.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 09, 2020, 7:44 AM Post
Lazard is still gone and MVS still isn't good. Tonyan is probably the #3 guy on the team outside of Adams/RB duo. He has had quite a few good weeks for a TE too, 3/4 double digit weeks.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 09, 2020, 9:18 AM Post
Don't get me wrong, I claimed him, just didn't get him. I just question if he will have a better season than TJ Hockinson.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 09, 2020, 10:43 AM Post
Global Moderator
I'm not so sure about that. The Packers will put up more points and yards overall than the Lions, so even if he is lower on the pecking order, there is plenty opportunity for Tonyan to average 40-50 yds/game (around what both he and Hock are averaging now). Hock may put up a few more yards, but I'd guess Tonyan is going to have a bigger TD margin (and thus more FF points).

Consider that Stafford is on pace for 32 TD this year. Rodgers is on pace for 52.

The real question is why the guy cutting Hock didn't have room for both.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 09, 2020, 11:19 AM Post
CheezWizHed said:

The real question is why the guy cutting Hock didn't have room for both.

can't argue with that. I personally tried to drop Dobbins for Toynam with #1 priority and drop Engram for Hunter Henry with #2 priority, and lost out on both. My plan is to play Engram this week, pray that my claim for Hock wins and then I can play Hockinson the rest of the year now that is bye is up and use that roster spot for something else. Like I said, one of my top rules of fantasy is to always have an open roster spot, because you never know what may happen down the line or whom may be available on the WW.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next  [ 257 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply