LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 257 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice

Online  Re: Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice
Posted: December 14, 2020, 11:37 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
Chubb was my first round pick and I dropped him when he got hurt. Worst mistake I made this year, especially when I'm weak at RB.

A team in my league did the same thing, and I was lucky enough to have #1 waiver priority that particular week, and stashed him for a few weeks till he got healthy. He's kept my team afloat for the last month, and got me a big win the the quarterfinals tonight. Grabbing him, and getting James Robinson off waivers in Week 2 have kept me going, even though my four top picks (Barkley, Julio, Godwin and Conner) have underperformed.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 16, 2020, 1:29 PM Post
mostly winning a league depends on how you adjust your roster over the season rather than how you draft. This year I started 0-3 and had the fewest points in the league by far and ended up in the playoffs still because of pick ups like Jefferson, Akers, and Swift. I won this league the last 2 years and for the same reason. I make the most claims by far every year, I'm waiting for the commish to put a transaction limit...

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice
Posted: December 16, 2020, 1:45 PM Post
Global Moderator
If you are in a points-per-reception league the key to drafting is to wait until later on to get your 2nd and 3rd RB. After the top tier are off the board there really isn't much difference points wise. There is so much value in receivers. I try to get a top tier tight end before I draft my second receiver too.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 16, 2020, 3:15 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
mostly winning a league depends on how you adjust your roster over the season rather than how you draft. This year I started 0-3 and had the fewest points in the league by far and ended up in the playoffs still because of pick ups like Jefferson, Akers, and Swift. I won this league the last 2 years and for the same reason. I make the most claims by far every year, I'm waiting for the commish to put a transaction limit...

I had my worst draft ever this year(I actually drafted two Lions running backs) and started out 2-5. I rebuilt my team over the course of the year and have not lost since, finishing in 2nd place in the regular season and our playoffs starting this week.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 16, 2020, 4:18 PM Post
My teams were both drafted okay, but I had to deal with injuries and such, so I lost 6 in a row in one league to miss out on the playoffs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 18, 2020, 8:08 AM Post
had to figure out Watson or Herbert again this week, chose Herbert only because he was facing the weaker defense and it seems like the right call. off to a good start facing the #1 seed in my league.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 19, 2020, 5:54 PM Post
I have a rematch with last week's opponent in the first round of the playoffs and if I never hear the name Stefon Diggs ever again, it won't be too soon. Allen does know he has other receivers on the team, doesn't he?

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 19, 2020, 6:46 PM Post
Yes! Garbage time td for Melvin Gordon!

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 19, 2020, 6:52 PM Post
young guns said:

For me too, then canceled out and then some by Singletary. Ugh.

Oh well, here's to Rodgers to Tonyan going off tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 19, 2020, 7:27 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
young guns said:

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 20, 2020, 10:23 AM Post
PinaMadness said:
PinaMadness said:
young guns said:

Unfortunately that Rodgers to Tonyan connection disappeared, much like the effectiveness of the Packers offense as a whole. Tonyan ended up getting just above his projection, even with the TD. I mean, I'll take it, but it was looking like it might have been much more early.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 20, 2020, 11:44 AM Post
Yeah, unfortunately Rodgers was not a whole lot of help after that. A rushing touchdown saved it from being a complete disaster. Tannehill is my QB2 so it'll be interesting how he does today. I'll take Tonyan's input any day. Once again I'm in a playoff matchup with whom I played last week and once again it looks like it's going to go down to the wire. He'll be done after the early games and I'll be done after tonight's game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 20, 2020, 3:24 PM Post
I'm guessing tannehill did a decent enough job for you today?

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 20, 2020, 3:33 PM Post
young guns said:
I'm guessing tannehill did a decent enough job for you today?

Yeah, on the bench. Looks like I'm going to lose. Cooper laid an egg today and Montgomery went off for my opponent. Singletary with the cheap 51 yard touchdown run lastnight when they were just trying to run out the clock didn't help, and I hate Diggs. Trailing by 53 points with just Gallman, Hill and Rams defense left.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 20, 2020, 3:40 PM Post
Oh, when you said qb2 I thought you were in a 2 starting qb league. My condolences.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 22, 2020, 2:09 PM Post
made it to the championship, looking for 3 straight titles in a league that is pretty competitive.

Need to find a RB to replace Akers. Too bad I had to cut Montgomery to clear a roster spot when he had his concussion. I put in a claim for Bell, or else I can put in Drake from my Bench. Other RB is Swift who could be trouble too with Buc's good run defense.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 22, 2020, 2:15 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'm in the title game. I have to choose two of the following four:

DK Metcalf
DJ Moore
Dionte Johnson
Le'Veon Bell

Normally Metcalf would be a no-brainer lock but he's playing the Rams and Jalen Ramsey. Last time he played the Rams, DK had 2 catches for 28 yards and I think the Rams will be playing angry after that loss to the Jets. I almost always just go with the best player regardless of the opponent which is easily Metcalf but I'm seriously considering benching him. Thoughts?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 22, 2020, 2:22 PM Post
He is on my roster and I'm playing him. I do agree that you are usually best just going with the best player regardless of matchup, unless its close. I think Metcalf is by far the best out of those 4. I'd go with him and Moore.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 22, 2020, 7:22 PM Post
Attachment:
Screenshot_20201222-090053_Twitter (2).jpg
Screenshot_20201222-090053_Twitter (2).jpg [ 163.77 KiB | Viewed 70 times ]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 23, 2020, 4:10 AM Post
While thats a pretty unfortunate accumulation of events, he should have benched them both and since he had the lead and his opponent was done.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 257 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply