LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 257 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice

Online  Re: Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice
Posted: December 23, 2020, 8:56 AM Post
young guns said:
While thats a pretty unfortunate accumulation of events, he should have benched them both and since he had the lead and his opponent was done.

The odds of Ebron and JuJu combining for negative points heading into Monday night had to be astronomically low. With that slim of a lead, the chances of him losing on a stat correction would have been far greater.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice
Posted: December 23, 2020, 3:55 PM Post
most of decisions for the championship are pretty cut and dry, but I am struggling with starting Hurts, Watson, or Herbert. I made the mistake of looking at every ranking I could find and there is no consistency in how they are ranked. Finally decided to live and die with Herbert. The Bills tore up the Broncos last week and he was awesome last week. Hurts had a great game last week but he still has 2 starts under his belt and the Texans are depleted.

Still have Metcalf and Swift who have very tough matchups, but in the end I'm going with the date(s) I came to the dance with.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 25, 2020, 5:39 PM Post
I just realized my opponent has Kamara in his lineup. Looks like I won't win the consolation game either.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 25, 2020, 6:04 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
I just realized my opponent has Kamara in his lineup. Looks like I won't win the consolation game either.

Wonder what the record is for a fantasy performance in a week.

On edit... it looks like it was Jamal Charles with 62.5.

Last edited by yourout on December 25, 2020, 6:09 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 25, 2020, 6:08 PM Post
yourout said:
PinaMadness said:

Wonder what the record is for a fantasy performance in a week.

I believe he has now eclipsed Al Bundy's record for rushing touchdowns in one game.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 25, 2020, 6:08 PM Post
Kamara is on the 10th place team in my league thankfully.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 25, 2020, 7:29 PM Post
Global Moderator
I have Kamara so maybe it doesn't matter what I do with Metcalf

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 28, 2020, 11:16 PM Post
Best double dip tandems:

1) Rodgers/Adams
2) Mahomes/Hill
3) Allen/Diggs
4) Murray/Hopkins
5) Mahomes/Kelce

Honorable mention: Wilson/Metcalf, Herbert/Allen

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 29, 2020, 8:40 AM Post
was in OK shape going into last nights game but my opponent had Diggs and rode him to the title. oh well.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 29, 2020, 2:44 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
was in OK shape going into last nights game but my opponent had Diggs and rode him to the title. oh well.

You don't have to tell me about Diggs. I suffered through him two weeks in a row and then got annihilated this week by Kamara. My opponents' combined score in the two week playoffs was 321.36. It seems every year I'm dead last in points against.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 29, 2020, 3:00 PM Post
Global Moderator
Thought I had a plumb matchup with the Chiefs. I had Hill and picked up Bell (because Robinson from Jax was out). Oh well. Lost by 8 as the other guy had Evans which pretty much negated Kamara.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 29, 2020, 9:12 PM Post
I really went out of my comfort zone drafting this year and reached on the rookie RB's Gibson, Akers, and Dobbins figuring at least one of them would quickly be a lead back and be a high RB2 or better. Mixon was my first pick thinking the Bengals would lean on him hard with a rookie QB. Well Mixon was flat out bust before getting hurt which killed that strategy and I was streaming 2 different RB's every week because none of those rookies were anything until about week 10 when Gibson finally became the guy in Washington. I finished 10th out of 12 which is a little bit deceiving because I was 6th in points and outscored two teams that made the playoffs but this was probably my worst season ever. Irony of all ironies, all 3 of those backs finished the season on my roster and between them were my starters in weeks 15 and 16 in the meaningless consolation playoffs. That was of course after I had dropped Dobbins and Akers weeks earlier. I picked up Herbert after his first start, that's about the only good thing I did all season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 03, 2021, 1:21 PM Post
If you went with Isaiah McKenzie in your daily fantasy today you are probably in good shape.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 03, 2021, 9:53 PM Post
What is everyone’s 2021 fantasy resolution? Mine is to focus on tight end way earlier than In years past. I think there will be only 4 valuable tight ends - Kielce, kittle, Tonyan, Andrews. Got to get one early

Last edited by patrickgpe on January 03, 2021, 10:01 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 03, 2021, 9:56 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
What is everyone’s 2021 fantasy resolution? Mine is to focus on tight end way earlier than In years past

Not to draft two Lions running backs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 03, 2021, 10:00 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
patrickgpe said:
What is everyone’s 2021 fantasy resolution? Mine is to focus on tight end way earlier than In years past

Not to draft two Lions running backs.

I picked up swift, he was awesome for me

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 03, 2021, 10:07 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
What is everyone’s 2021 fantasy resolution? Mine is to focus on tight end way earlier than In years past. I think there will be only 4 valuable tight ends - Kielce, kittle, Tonyan, Andrews. Got to get one early

Kelce is mountains ahead of all the others in terms of consistency. He's worth a 1st round pick. I think I'd wait if you don't get him. Maybe Kittle or Waller in the 3rd but it could be a crap shoot after.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 257 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply