LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next  [ 257 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice

Offline  Re: Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice

Posted: October 09, 2020, 11:32 AM Post
What's everyone's feeling on who to own from the Rams backfield? I actually have all three of Henderson, Brown, and Akers on my team and am leaning towards starting Antonio Gibson over all of them. Mixon is my other RB and if not for last week he might have been on my bench this week too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 09, 2020, 12:02 PM Post
This week, I'd start Gibson too over all 3. Long term, Its tough to figure out what the play is. it is probably Gibson. I can't see any of the 3 standing out when it comes to volume of carries

By the way, i benches mixon last week, only to have him burn me, starting him this week, so I wouldn't expect much from him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 09, 2020, 12:09 PM Post
I am currently hoarding the likes of Ertz/Fant/Hockenson. I drafted Fant/Hockenson at the end of the draft to hoard them incase one broke out and they would have big keeper value for next year. Only reason I picked Ertz is because the rest of my starting core was already filled when my pick came up, so I drafted a TE. Of course I wanted Darren Waller and he got snagged right before I picked.

Of course it is getting to that time of year where hoarding three TEs is hard to logically do. I am thinking of dumping Ertz next week and rolling with Hock/Fant. Ertz just seems old and not very impressive these days.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 09, 2020, 12:11 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
What's everyone's feeling on who to own from the Rams backfield? I actually have all three of Henderson, Brown, and Akers on my team and am leaning towards starting Antonio Gibson over all of them. Mixon is my other RB and if not for last week he might have been on my bench this week too.

Gibson...though Henderson may have a higher ceiling for a big week.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 09, 2020, 8:22 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
jerichoholicninja said:

That's exactly what I feel. Gibson has the higher floor with no competition for carries but playing on such a crap team he's not likely to ever really have a great game either.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 11, 2020, 3:09 PM Post
For those of you who have Michael Thomas.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status ... 11778?s=20

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 11, 2020, 5:33 PM Post
Is Chase Claypool a must add?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 12, 2020, 9:23 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Is Chase Claypool a must add?

He will be my #1 WW claim this week, just to stash and see how the next few weeks goes. I don't really need him but thats why you always keep an open spot on your roster.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News

Posted: October 12, 2020, 9:43 AM Post
Global Moderator
So I had Dak Prescott. Before I throw in the towel, here are the guys available on waivers that I'm looking at: Brees, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick. Maybe Dalton given all the weapons he has but probably not. Thoughts? I'm kinda leaning towards Tannehill. In our league he's had more points per game than Brees and I think has a higher ceiling than Fitzpatrick (who seems to be playing over his head?)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News

Posted: October 12, 2020, 9:57 AM Post
homer said:
So I had Dak Prescott. Before I throw in the towel, here are the guys available on waivers that I'm looking at: Brees, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick. Maybe Dalton given all the weapons he has but probably not. Thoughts? I'm kinda leaning towards Tannehill. In our league he's had more points per game than Brees and I think has a higher ceiling than Fitzpatrick (who seems to be playing over his head?)

Oh man. Tannehill is the safest pick I think, but he's generally a high floor, low ceiling guy. I'd probably go Brees with the idea that the offense will be much more dynamic after Mike Thomas comes back next week.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 12, 2020, 10:01 AM Post
Global Moderator
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
homer said:

Oh man. Tannehill is the safest pick I think, but he's generally a high floor, low ceiling guy. I'd probably go Brees with the idea that the offense will be much more dynamic after Mike Thomas comes back next week.

The crappy thing about Brees is that he's on bye next week.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News

Posted: October 12, 2020, 10:19 AM Post
homer said:
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
homer said:

The crappy thing about Brees is that he's on bye next week.

Maybe ... maybe he's on bye LOL

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 12, 2020, 11:31 AM Post
homer said:

I'd just stream QBs based on matchups. You're not going to replace Dak. Any one of those above should be good streamers.

If you're absolutely set on sticking with one guy, I think Tannehill is a highly underrated option. I also like Bridgewater and Herbert, if available.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2020, 9:48 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
MrTPlush said:
jerichoholicninja said:

That's exactly what I feel. Gibson has the higher floor with no competition for carries but playing on such a crap team he's not likely to ever really have a great game either.

Looks like Henderson may be the man now for the Rams and Gibson was meh even ceding touches in the second half. But I'll flip them in my lineup this week and the results will flip again.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2020, 2:49 AM Post
Sit one: James Robinson, Miles Sanders, Kenny Golloday, Ju-Ju Smith Schuster, Chase Claypool

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2020, 6:03 AM Post
Oxy said:
Sit one: James Robinson, Miles Sanders, Kenny Golloday, Ju-Ju Smith Schuster, Chase Claypool

I'd sit JuJu.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice

Posted: October 16, 2020, 6:33 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Oxy said:

I'd sit JuJu.

I concur ... although I think there's a good chance the people who are chasing points with Claypool are going to be soundly disappointed.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2020, 6:47 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Looks like Henderson may be the man now for the Rams and Gibson was meh even ceding touches in the second half. But I'll flip them in my lineup this week and the results will flip again.

Yah, unfortunately those two guys are going to be inconsistent and lead to some aggravating weeks.

I have had a pretty rough go with running backs this year. I lost Barkley and now I have lost Chubb. Despite only 10 teams people hoard RBs like it is going out of style. I somehow got blessed with getting Devonta Freeman this week on waivers despite having the #10 waiver. I had to go with McKinnion last week and he gave me a garbage 1.5 points. Of course I am sure my RB nightmares aren't over yet because now I have Freeman (on a trash team with his bye week still ahead) and James Conner (built like glass) as my two guys.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2020, 7:00 AM Post
Thinking about picking up Herbert as my backup and cutting Brady. I have Watson, so ideally i'd only need a QB week 8, whom Herbert has a favorable matchup against Denver. The question is if Watson gets hurt or struggles who would you rather ride out the season with. thats the tough part.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice

Posted: October 16, 2020, 7:31 AM Post
patrickgpe said:
Thinking about picking up Herbert as my backup and cutting Brady. I have Watson, so ideally i'd only need a QB week 8, whom Herbert has a favorable matchup against Denver. The question is if Watson gets hurt or struggles who would you rather ride out the season with. thats the tough part.

I picked up Herbert in a couple leagues I have Josh Allen in last week, with the thought that I could plug him in if the Bills game against the Titans was postponed. I kinda wish I had just gone with Herbert now, as he had a very nice game against the Saints.

That said, Herbert is still a rookie QB, so the ceiling and floor are going to be pretty extreme. Brady is certainly not the Brady of a decade ago, but with his weapons in Evans and Godwin getting healthy, he should give you consistency. So I guess it's a matter of if you want sure points, or want to live dangerously.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next  [ 257 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply