LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next  [ 183 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice

Offline  Re: Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice

Posted: October 16, 2020, 10:33 AM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
adambr2 said:
Oxy said:
Sit one: James Robinson, Miles Sanders, Kenny Golloday, Ju-Ju Smith Schuster, Chase Claypool

I'd sit JuJu.

I concur ... although I think there's a good chance the people who are chasing points with Claypool are going to be soundly disappointed.

With JJSS, Claypool, Johnson, Washington, Ebron, Conner there are way too many hands to feed to be comfortable with any of those guys. Pick a name out of a hat each week as to who will have the best game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2020, 12:48 PM Post
JuJu has been a huge disappointment. Washington and Ebron are just guys. Conner gets his like most bell cow RBs. I don't know if Claypool will be a disappointment but I don't think if he is it's because there's not enough touches to go around.

It certainly worked out fine for Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell there simultaneously.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice

Posted: October 16, 2020, 1:54 PM Post
adambr2 said:
JuJu has been a huge disappointment. Washington and Ebron are just guys. Conner gets his like most bell cow RBs. I don't know if Claypool will be a disappointment but I don't think if he is it's because there's not enough touches to go around.

It certainly worked out fine for Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell there simultaneously.

Pretty Sure JuJu was there the last year of LeVeon and had a pretty respectable rookie season. I remember grabbing him off waivers and he was pretty big down the stretch for me in a number of games.

There are plenty of targets to go around, but it isn't like the Chiefs by any stretch. If he is actually any good he will rise above the filler WRs they have outside of him and JuJu.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2020, 2:25 PM Post
Global Moderator
Johnson is out for Pitt so starting Claypool makes some sense.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 10:32 AM Post
I have six WR’s:

Godwin, Chalk Jr, Woods, Brown, Chowder, Anderson.

Start 3 and gotta cut 1. PPR league.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 11:26 AM Post
Brew4U said:
I have six WR’s:

Tough to cut any of those guys. I guess if I had to cut one, it would be Chark. I'd be starting Godwin and Robby for sure. Then any of Brown, Crowder or Woods would be a good 3rd.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 12:28 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:
I have six WR’s:

Tough to cut any of those guys. I guess if I had to cut one, it would be Chark. I'd be starting Godwin and Robby for sure. Then any of Brown, Crowder or Woods would be a good 3rd.

I kept Godwin on my IR for another week. I’ll wait to see that hammy is healthy. Then I’ll probably end up cutting Chalk as that’s who I had as my lowest of the bunch.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 2:42 PM Post
Last minute advice. Should I go with John Brown or Amari Cooper?

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 2:45 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
Last minute advice. Should I go with John Brown or Amari Cooper?

I'd go with Cooper. That Dallas offense is still gonna roll with Dalton. John Brown is second banana to Diggs, while Cooper is the top guy with Dallas.

Watch Brown put up 10/150/2 tonight now [wink]

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 2:50 PM Post
Yeah, I had Cooper in to start the weekend but I'm pretty high on Brown too. Cooper didn't do much for me last week against the Giants.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:08 PM Post
I went with John Brown based on my belief that this game will be a shootout and the Cowboys will run the offense through Zeke tonight. I also got Hill going for me too. We'll see what happens.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:50 PM Post
Even after the bad week last week Cooper is still on pace for 125 receptions and almost 1400 yards. To me he is one of those studs you play regardless of matchup unless you're in an 8 man league with that much depth.

Maybe that changes with Dalton instead of Dak but I don't think it will.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Miscellaneous NFL News

Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:51 PM Post
Global Moderator
homer said:
So I had Dak Prescott. Before I throw in the towel, here are the guys available on waivers that I'm looking at: Brees, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick. Maybe Dalton given all the weapons he has but probably not. Thoughts? I'm kinda leaning towards Tannehill. In our league he's had more points per game than Brees and I think has a higher ceiling than Fitzpatrick (who seems to be playing over his head?)

Oh man. Tannehill is the safest pick I think, but he's generally a high floor, low ceiling guy. I'd probably go Brees with the idea that the offense will be much more dynamic after Mike Thomas comes back next week.

Well Tannehill worked great for this week at least. Hope he can keep it up.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 4:00 PM Post
homer said:
homer said:
So I had Dak Prescott. Before I throw in the towel, here are the guys available on waivers that I'm looking at: Brees, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick. Maybe Dalton given all the weapons he has but probably not. Thoughts? I'm kinda leaning towards Tannehill. In our league he's had more points per game than Brees and I think has a higher ceiling than Fitzpatrick (who seems to be playing over his head?)

Oh man. Tannehill is the safest pick I think, but he's generally a high floor, low ceiling guy. I'd probably go Brees with the idea that the offense will be much more dynamic after Mike Thomas comes back next week.

Don't I know it. I benched him in favor of Rodgers. It's decisions like these is why I'm pulling up the rear in my league.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 4:07 PM Post
homer said:
homer said:

Tannehill's great. Really underrated fantasy QB. You could do a lot worse.

I'm going to be playing matchups with Tannehill and Herbert.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 6:13 PM Post
I think the fantasy damage to Cowboy receivers will be greatly exaggerated. That's not to say that I think they will necessarily win (they weren't winning with Dak), but we are still talking about a QB with 30,000+ yards and 200+ TDs in Dalton, and he has a lot better weapons now than he had in Cincy. It's not like they're being forced to turn to Brett Hundley.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 6:21 PM Post
It won’t shock me to see Dalton put up some good numbers in Dallas.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 6:24 PM Post
So obviously Brown gets shut out and Hill only gets me 5.5 points while Edwards-Helaire gets my opponent 20.9 with Hopkins to go. I'm going to lose to a guy that started Dak Prescott unless Hopkins is somehow held to under 10 points. Expect Cooper to have a career game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 9:26 PM Post
Well, I barely hung on to win by 1.1 points.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2020, 7:33 AM Post
PinaMadness said:
Well, I barely hung on to win by 1.1 points.

Did the remote get thrown through the wall watching Hopkins break that long one in garbage time when it looked like you were good before he got tackled at the 10?

I'm a Cooper owner too and was pretty happy with his game last night all things considered.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next  [ 183 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply