LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next  [ 251 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Game 1: Packers @ Vikings - Sunday, September 13th, Noon

Offline  Re: Game 1: Packers @ Vikings - Sunday, September 13th, Noon
Posted: September 13, 2020, 1:21 PM Post
A.J. Dillon is on the roster right???? Pound the big man!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2020, 1:21 PM Post
Or just throw it in, lol.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 1: Packers @ Vikings - Sunday, September 13th, Noon
Posted: September 13, 2020, 1:23 PM Post
Davante Adams is so good. The guy is going to put up insane numbers if he stays healthy. And Rodgers looks sharp today. If this is the guy we get all season we have a chance.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2020, 1:23 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Silver lining- MVS is at least creating separation.

That...and I remember James Jones and Jordy both dropping quite a few balls early on. But it's still brutal to see those two drops.

He came back with a big catch, but this isn't a great secondary, but if MVS is going to step up and be the #2 this year...and we really need him to, he has to make both those plays.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2020, 1:24 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Glad Rodgers keeps going back to him. They need his explosiveness in their offense. Has to get over the dropsies.

Historically Rodgers does that a lot. He will often go right back to the same guy after a big drop. He has also been a guy to not be afraid of throwing to young receivers versus feeding his star nonstop.

Quote   Reply 
Global Moderator
This is a good defense and Rodgers is pretty much doing whatever he wants to them.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Packers fans on twitter trying to roast the organization for their draft picks not being used. Meanwhile the Packers have built up a 29-10 lead heading to the 4th quarter against the team that all the experts picked to win the North. It’s been a fun day! [laughing]

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2020, 1:25 PM Post
Global Moderator
Packers record for receptions in a single game is 14. Adams has 13.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2020, 1:26 PM Post
I don't think Rodgers has hit the ground today

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2020, 1:26 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Packers fans on twitter trying to roast the organization for their draft picks not being used. Meanwhile the Packers have built up a 29-10 lead heading to the 4th quarter against the team that all the experts picked to win the North. It’s been a fun day! [laughing]

That’s one of the biggest reasons I come hang out here. Packers Twitter is a hellscape.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals and Cubs, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2020, 1:27 PM Post
OldHeidelberg said:
I don't think Rodgers has hit the ground today

He did have a quarterback sneaks :-)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2020, 1:28 PM Post
homer said:
This is a good defense and Rodgers is pretty much doing whatever he wants to them.

It's really not. It's all just reputation at this point.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Can we please not do the fold in the 4th quarter thing that we like to do sometimes?

Quote   Reply 
C’mon, Savage. You’re not a rookie anymore.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals and Cubs, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Global Moderator
Sigh

It's never easy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2020, 1:29 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Glad Rodgers keeps going back to him. They need his explosiveness in their offense. Has to get over the dropsies.

Historically Rodgers does that a lot. He will often go right back to the same guy after a big drop. He has also been a guy to not be afraid of throwing to young receivers versus feeding his star nonstop.

I don't know, my perception of him has been just the opposite. At least since Jones and Jordy were young. If he doesn't trust a guy, he doesn't really throw to them unless he has to. Maybe my perception is a little altered due to a few young guys like Janis(or even MVS the last half of last year).

That may be due more to route running than to drops also.

And a blown Coverage there. Giving the Vikings a little more life. Savage blows the coverage.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2020, 1:31 PM Post
homer said:

Depends on your definition of good I guess. I think they lost 8 starters on defense? They were exceptional in 2019...average would be my adjective.

Quote   Reply 
adambr2 said:
Can we please not do the fold in the 4th quarter thing that we like to do sometimes?

Yeah, I mean make them eat some clock, giving them a 1 minute TD AND conversion at a time when you really have the game in control. Feels like we were always holding on in the face of a furious late rally last season.

Quote   Reply 
PinaMadness said:
homer said:

It's really not. It's all just reputation at this point.

It was last year. They're not great at CB, but they're pretty good everywhere else.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2020, 1:33 PM Post
Global Moderator
Saving Dillon for the 4th quarter?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next  [ 251 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply