LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 39  Next  [ 765 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Packers 2020 team discussion

Offline  Re: Packers 2020 team discussion

Posted: September 30, 2020, 12:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
Just saw TJ Watt's pass rush success rate is almost 30%...... I'm feeling very frustrated all over again, that we didn't draft him. Sorry for bringing this up!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Packers 2020 team discussion

Posted: September 30, 2020, 12:40 PM Post
Wagner for Beluga seems a good or at least even swap and hopefully will be healthier.

At the time I understood the Watt draft. You got a good DB prospect and very comparable guy to Watt in Biegel rather than just Watt. Clearly that was wrong, should've trusted the Watt name.

Last edited by tmwiese55 on September 30, 2020, 12:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 30, 2020, 12:53 PM Post
homer said:
One thing that's sort of flown under the radar this season is how little the Packers have missed Bryan Bulaga, Iowa.

Their Oline has been stellar to start the year - guessing it sure helped to have no crowds for their 1st two road games. Vikes' stadium and the SuperDome are not great spots for road O-lines...although key injuries to Viking and Saint Dlinemen undoubtedly helped them out, too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 30, 2020, 1:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
Fear The Chorizo said:
homer said:
One thing that's sort of flown under the radar this season is how little the Packers have missed Bryan Bulaga, Iowa.

Their Oline has been stellar to start the year - guessing it sure helped to have no crowds for their 1st two road games. Vikes' stadium and the SuperDome are not great spots for road O-lines...although key injuries to Viking and Saint Dlinemen undoubtedly helped them out, too.

The constant misdirection must help too. DLs must expend a lot of waisted effort throughout the game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 30, 2020, 6:12 PM Post
Rodgers cadence plus zero crowd noise is a nightmare for opposing pass rushers. That combo for sure makes life easier for our OL. Plus he’s getting the ball out quicker, and not scrambling around as much. A lot of things adding up to help out that line early on.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 30, 2020, 9:36 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
Wagner for Beluga seems a good or at least even swap and hopefully will be healthier.

At the time I understood the Watt draft. You got a good DB prospect and very comparable guy to Watt in Biegel rather than just Watt. Clearly that was wrong, should've trusted the Watt name.

That's why I made a thread at that time asking what people thought about it...knowing that people would really bash the Packers if Watt became a stud. Most people were happy with trading back and taking King when there were 4 players available that all had similar grades at positions of need.

I was fine with it at the time because we needed corners so badly. Obviously with the benefit of hindsight, TJ Watt was the right choice(this is an understatement), but we have a very good young group of pass rushers right now and King has developed into a pretty good corner.

Actually, I think it was obvious that TJ Watt was gonna be a stud about 2 weeks into that season. Even as he got off to a slow start, he made a Madden-esque like leaping pick when they threw the ball into the flat to a guy about 10 yards behind Watt and he just snared it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 30, 2020, 9:52 PM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
homer said:

It's been incredible. I didn't even notice that Billy Turner was in there at RT last week.

Most of us thought this offense would be better in year two, but I don't believe anyone when they said this type of performance was coming. Even in the threat I made that said Aaron Rodgers would have an MVP like year...I didn't really believe it.

I was absolutely wrong on Bulaga though. I thought Turner would be brutal at RT. He played there this past week and I didn't even notice until half way through the game. Wagner's been a stud.

Being able to run that outside zone and then run so much play action off of that has opened up this entire offense. And of course Rodgers being able to play with defenses has been a big advantage. 1 False start vs 5 off-side penalties, several of which have resulted in 1st downs and big plays.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 30, 2020, 10:05 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
GAME05 said:
If I'm the Jets I'm definitely taking Lawrence. Can anyone look at Darnold and say he's the QB who can get you to a SB?

Carolina will probably finish worse than Minnesota, too, and I can't imagine they're looking at Bridgewater as a long-term answer. If they grab Justin Fields that leaves Washington, Detroit and Minnesota to battle it out for that QB from North Dakota.

Maybe. I was at the Meadowlands when they played the Packers and I saw the arm strength, pocket awareness, feet. It's really hard to evaluate a QB when they're in a horrible situation like he's in. That said, I don't think they pass on Lawrence, nor would any of the other contenders for the #1 pick.

I totally agree. But he's done in NY. The "I'm seeing Ghosts," really killed him. Jets fans can't seem to let that go.

But it's amazing to me how many QB's are ruined and out of the league or at least afterthoughts in just 2-3 years. Josh Rosen played for probably the least talented teams both of his years in the NFL. A former top 10 pick is now out of the league at 23 years old.

I think Sam Darnold absolutely has the potential to be a very good QB. Look at what Bell did when he went to the Jets? He had by far his worst season.

But Darnold needs to go somewhere and sit for 2 years, learn an offense and get comfortable. Maybe the Colts(though he wouldn't be sitting there). But a team with a really good OL and some weapons and I think he could be very good.

He was 7-6 with that dumpster fire that is the Jets roster last year.

But I think if you get a top 5 pick, you pick Fields or Lance and if you get the top pick...it's a no-brainer. Get Lawrence and dump Gase.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2020, 6:41 PM Post
Global Moderator
Lazard out for the year. Crap.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2020, 6:47 PM Post
I've only seen indefinitely. Link?

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2020, 6:51 PM Post
homer said:
Lazard out for the year. Crap.

It's probably an 8-week injury at minimum. So more or less.

They better hope St. Brown is ready to go after the bye.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2020, 6:52 PM Post
Maybe Love can fill in for Lazard.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2020, 7:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
He is risen (not really, but maybe? What does it take to get a guy off a practice squad?)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2020, 7:23 PM Post
homer said:
He is risen (not really, but maybe? What does it take to get a guy off a practice squad?)

A phone call.

But they kept Malik Taylor over Kumerow for a reason, and there's probably a good chance to they want to see what they have in Taylor before signing a no ceiling guy like Kumerow.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2020, 7:48 PM Post
No Kumerow. My god fans, move on.

Lazard will be a bigger loss than Adams. Guy does it all for the offense.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2020, 7:54 PM Post
Global Moderator
They might need to sign an additional receiver and a high floor, low ceiling guy might be a decent option. Particularly one who knows the offense and the personnel.

But my suggestion was mostly in jest.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2020, 7:55 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:

Lazard will be a bigger loss than Adams. .

Dude...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2020, 7:58 PM Post
homer said:
Brew4U said:

Dude...

Yeah ... Lazard has turned himself into a nice, useful player. But he's not in Adams' stratosphere. Not even close.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2020, 8:29 PM Post
I hate these injuries where I missed he was even hurt at all, and boom out for the season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2020, 8:31 PM Post
homer said:
Brew4U said:

Dude...

I'm assuming that is referring to the cumulative effect of missing a lot more games, perhaps the rest of the season, whereas Adams will certainly be back after the bye.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 39  Next  [ 765 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply