LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next  [ 316 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Game 4: Falcons @ Packers - Monday, October 5th, **Time change...again**8:00PM

Online  Game 4: Falcons @ Packers - Monday, October 5th, **Time change...again**8:00PM

Posted: October 01, 2020, 7:56 AM Post
Global Moderator

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 4: Falcons @ Packers - Monday, October 5th, 7:15PM

Posted: October 01, 2020, 3:28 PM Post
Lazard being injured could be rough. Does a lot overall including blocking.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 4: Falcons @ Packers - Monday, October 5th, 7:15PM

Posted: October 02, 2020, 12:48 AM Post
Brew4U said:
Lazard being injured could be rough. Does a lot overall including blocking.

Yeah...he does a ton. He'll seal the edge and block down on a Cam Jordan one play, then beat Lattimore over the top on the next.

I think the Packers struggle in this one if Julio plays. Ridley's been a stud this year and while they've choked BADLY, they've also blown out Dallas and Chicago in the 1st half.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 4: Falcons @ Packers - Monday, October 5th, 7:15PM

Posted: October 03, 2020, 2:43 PM Post
The injury list is scary. I’m nervous about Monday.

Out: Kirksey, Lazard (no surprises there)

Doubtful: Lewis

Questionable: Adams, Alexander, Clark, Deguara, Ervin, Gary, Linsley, Scott (yes, the punter), and Z. Smith

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 4: Falcons @ Packers - Monday, October 5th, **Time change**7:50PM

Posted: October 04, 2020, 11:02 AM Post
I see Monday’s game was pushed back to 7:50 pm to accommodate a possible double-header. That’s a bad break for all the early risers out there.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 4: Falcons @ Packers - Monday, October 5th, **Time change**7:50PM

Posted: October 04, 2020, 11:04 AM Post
I saw that too. It's bad enough we have to play night games at all without having start times pushed back.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 4: Falcons @ Packers - Monday, October 5th, **Time change**7:50PM

Posted: October 04, 2020, 2:53 PM Post
I’d take every game at noon if I could. Hate late night ones.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2020, 5:34 PM Post
As a guy working 145 to 945 tomorrow, I love it. Should catch almost all of the 2nd half now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2020, 8:14 PM Post
Tomorrow seems like the very definition of a trap game. Atlanta is obviously much more talented than their 0-3 record. We should still be able to score plenty of points against their D assuming Adams is a go, but the Falcons have the offense to force a track meet. Hopefully our defense can come up with a big turnover or a couple timely sacks to tip this one in our favor.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2020, 9:50 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Tomorrow seems like the very definition of a trap game. Atlanta is obviously much more talented than their 0-3 record. We should still be able to score plenty of points against their D assuming Adams is a go, but the Falcons have the offense to force a track meet. Hopefully our defense can come up with a big turnover or a couple timely sacks to tip this one in our favor.

Yeah, GB has struggled in these type of games right before a bye that many expected them to win when doing so would stake a stranglehold on conference standings - I'm sure its 20/20 hindsight, but they always seem to hold out a few too many players in these games that would otherwise be on the field as a way of giving them extra rest to be in better health after the bye. They had that bad loss at home against the Eagles before their bye last year on a thursday night. To me tomorrow night's game has that sort of feel heading into it...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2020, 1:03 AM Post
adambr2 said:

The Falcons are stuck in the same rut the Packers were...with Ryan instead of Rodgers. They've got weapons, they've got a talented offense, but they don't have much on defense outside of a couple of studs like Grady Jarrett or Deion Jones(who isn't very good vs the run).

But they've got enough with Ryan,Ridley and Julio to beat the Packers on any given Sunday. It's a subjective term, but I look at a trap game as a game where the other team shouldn't beat you unless you play poorly/flat. But I could see the Falcons just playing well, putting up 35+ on the Packers and winning.

Also....sooner or later, a team's going to decide maybe throwing the ball after their #1 back is gashing the Packers for 10 YPC isn't the best idea on 1st down.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2020, 6:56 AM Post
Tom Pelissero is reporting that both Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley are going to play tonight, despite both being listed as questionable. If anyone has a birthday coming up, please use your wish on Jaire Alexander playing tonight (or a COVID vaccine ... up to you).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2020, 8:01 AM Post
Davante Adams is out tonight, per his own tweet. This one is starting to feel like an L, especially if Clark and Alexander can’t go.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 4: Falcons @ Packers - Monday, October 5th, **Time change**7:50PM

Posted: October 05, 2020, 8:02 AM Post
Global Moderator
Adams is out (against his wishes apparently).

MLF gonna have to get funky with those formations.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2020, 8:07 AM Post
The offense won't skip a beat. Packers put up 35+ again tonight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2020, 8:20 AM Post
homer said:

Adams just deleted his own tweet. He probably sensed it was a little unprofessional to vent publicly in that manner (though I hardly blame him).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2020, 8:23 AM Post
nodakfan17 said:
homer said:

Adams just deleted his own tweet. He probably sensed it was a little unprofessional to vent publicly in that manner (though I hardly blame him).

With how secretive Lafleur is with injury news, he's was probably pissed. That's been really my only gripe with Lafleur so far. I guess it can be argued that he does it for competitive purposes, but it still irks me that he just can't come out and give any sort of injury updates on players.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2020, 8:26 AM Post
Oh, Davante. Please don't be a bufoon like a lot of WR's around the league. Keep your yap shut and get yourself healthy. Something you've been unable to be the last two seasons now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2020, 8:36 AM Post
Global Moderator
So what if he ends up playing tonight? Maybe it was planned mis-information? [wink]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2020, 8:39 AM Post
Brew4U said:
Oh, Davante. Please don't be a bufoon like a lot of WR's around the league. Keep your yap shut and get yourself healthy. Something you've been unable to be the last two seasons now.

He's the furthest thing from a buffoon. The guy is nothing like other prima donna WRs that have come and gone throughout the league. Just a family man with a great attitude and work ethic.

I think a pass is in order. These guys are still human beings and I'm sure he's frustrated.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next  [ 316 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply