LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 95 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...

Author Message
Offline  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#81

Posted: November 03, 2020, 4:34 PM Post
Posts: 36
Who knows maybe Gute is really all in on these guys and really wants to make the moves...it's the upper management like Murphy that says no? The Packers have such a weird chain of command unlike other NFL teams because of the no owner thing. I'd really like to hear someday how it really is with that setup.

I think you guys are exactly right. They care more about winning for a long time and making money, than going all in. No doubt the Packers are as popular as they are since the early 90's with having 2 HOF QBs and winning for so long.

I was too young but were they this popular in the 70's and 80's when they weren't that good?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#82

Posted: November 03, 2020, 4:50 PM Post
Posts: 6291
It could very well be Murphy, he's the common denominator.

It was Murphy who made this crappy "trifecta" where LeFleur, Gute, and Ball are essentially all equal.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#83

Posted: November 03, 2020, 6:20 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 13375
If the Texans wanted a #2 I don't blame Gute for not trading with them. Standing pat is a weird choice though.

I will say once again that trading up as much as they do in the 1st round is a bad idea. They will eternally have holes to fill if they don't hit on every single one of those 1st round picks. I'd rather they trade down and collect more 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks. Alexander worked out but remember that they traded down from 14 to 27 and then back up to 18. Jury is out on the rest.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#84

Posted: November 03, 2020, 7:25 PM Post
Posts: 1975
PinaMadness said:
Don't forget about Snacks Harrison.


It's been reported that Harrison didn't want to sign with GB.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#85

Posted: November 03, 2020, 9:27 PM Post
Posts: 5253
homer said:
If the Texans wanted a #2 I don't blame Gute for not trading with them. Standing pat is a weird choice though.

I will say once again that trading up as much as they do in the 1st round is a bad idea. They will eternally have holes to fill if they don't hit on every single one of those 1st round picks. I'd rather they trade down and collect more 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks. Alexander worked out but remember that they traded down from 14 to 27 and then back up to 18. Jury is out on the rest.


They've traded down several times in the 1st as well though. In fact, he's actually picked up a 1st from trading down in that trade. I don't think the problem has been trading up or trading down.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#86

Posted: November 03, 2020, 9:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 15280
Location: Milwaukee, WI
NFL teams don’t make sense though. Say the Packers would only give up a 3rd. Doesn’t Houston take the 3rd rather than getting nothing in return?

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#87

Posted: November 03, 2020, 9:47 PM Post
Posts: 22288
Brew4U said:
NFL teams don’t make sense though. Say the Packers would only give up a 3rd. Doesn’t Houston take the 3rd rather than getting nothing in return?


They don't get nothing though, they get a comp pick. (3rd or 4th for Fuller probably).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#88

Posted: November 03, 2020, 9:48 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1992
Brew4U said:
NFL teams don’t make sense though. Say the Packers would only give up a 3rd. Doesn’t Houston take the 3rd rather than getting nothing in return?


They'll get a 2022 compensatory selection when Fuller signs with a new team this offseason.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#89

Posted: November 03, 2020, 10:30 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 13375
HiAndTight said:
homer said:
If the Texans wanted a #2 I don't blame Gute for not trading with them. Standing pat is a weird choice though.

I will say once again that trading up as much as they do in the 1st round is a bad idea. They will eternally have holes to fill if they don't hit on every single one of those 1st round picks. I'd rather they trade down and collect more 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks. Alexander worked out but remember that they traded down from 14 to 27 and then back up to 18. Jury is out on the rest.


They've traded down several times in the 1st as well though. In fact, he's actually picked up a 1st from trading down in that trade. I don't think the problem has been trading up or trading down.


Yes that was the Alexander pick. Traded down then back up.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#90

Posted: November 03, 2020, 10:33 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 15280
Location: Milwaukee, WI
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:
NFL teams don’t make sense though. Say the Packers would only give up a 3rd. Doesn’t Houston take the 3rd rather than getting nothing in return?


They don't get nothing though, they get a comp pick. (3rd or 4th for Fuller probably).


But don’t you take the pick for next year rather than 2022? Just never makes sense to me how these teams operate.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#91

Posted: November 04, 2020, 8:01 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1992
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:
NFL teams don’t make sense though. Say the Packers would only give up a 3rd. Doesn’t Houston take the 3rd rather than getting nothing in return?


They don't get nothing though, they get a comp pick. (3rd or 4th for Fuller probably).


But don’t you take the pick for next year rather than 2022? Just never makes sense to me how these teams operate.


Yes, you do take the sure thing pick next year. But if the rumors are true and the Packers only went as high as a 4th rounder, I can see why the Texans hung onto him.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#92

Posted: November 04, 2020, 12:03 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 816
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
They don't get nothing though, they get a comp pick. (3rd or 4th for Fuller probably).


But don’t you take the pick for next year rather than 2022? Just never makes sense to me how these teams operate.


Yes, you do take the sure thing pick next year. But if the rumors are true and the Packers only went as high as a 4th rounder, I can see why the Texans hung onto him.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. You have two of the best quarterbacks in the history of the NFL between 1992 and today, and you win 2 Super Bowls? 2????


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#93

Posted: November 04, 2020, 12:04 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 15280
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Winning Super Bowls isn't easy. The Patriots have ruined it for fan bases. Takes a lot more of the stars to align for a Super Bowl appearance let alone winning it.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#94

Posted: November 04, 2020, 12:30 PM Post
Posts: 153
Anyone who has had Will Fuller V on their fantasy team is very familiar with his injury history. He has never played a full season, and if that pattern would have continued after trading for him, a lot of people would have been quite upset that we gave up a 2nd/3rd for a guy who only played a handful of games for us. And frankly even if he would have stayed healthy, I'm not convinced that the value he would have added would have been better than the longer-term value that 2nd/3rd would have delivered.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Packers Transactions/Rumors thread...
#95

Posted: November 04, 2020, 12:57 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1992
PrestigeWorldwide said:
Anyone who has had Will Fuller V on their fantasy team is very familiar with his injury history. He has never played a full season, and if that pattern would have continued after trading for him, a lot of people would have been quite upset that we gave up a 2nd/3rd for a guy who only played a handful of games for us. And frankly even if he would have stayed healthy, I'm not convinced that the value he would have added would have been better than the longer-term value that 2nd/3rd would have delivered.


Right. Fuller would have been a nice piece if he stayed healthy. That's a huge if, though.

I'm not worried about the offense's ability to move the ball, especially if Lazard can return soon. I'm much more worried about the defense underperforming, and getting into a situation where gameflow dictates trading scores, and coming out on the bottom of a seesaw battle in the playoffs.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 95 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brew4U, OldHeidelberg, OldSchoolSnapper and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test