LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next  [ 378 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

Offline  Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

Posted: October 13, 2020, 2:47 PM Post
Global Moderator

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

Posted: October 13, 2020, 3:06 PM Post
Global Moderator
Too bad there aren't fans at the game. That normally favors the Packers in Tampa. [smile]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2020, 4:17 PM Post
Global Moderator
Since 1998, Packers are 2 -7 in Tampa Bay. Heat always seems to make them wilt down there. Looks like it might rain Sunday afternoon. Guess that's to GB's advantage?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2020, 9:59 PM Post
Rodgers has 4 career 3INT games. Two were at Raymond James, both losses. He also got hurt there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 14, 2020, 2:28 AM Post
Well this thread is off to a fun start!

Seriously though, TB's defense has been more impressive than their offense...but they also just lost probably their most valuable overall defender in Vita Vea to a broken ankle.

JPP despite his best efforts to permanently disable himself is still a pretty damn good edge rusher.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 14, 2020, 7:36 AM Post
They have great 2nd level speed, it may be as good as any defense in the NFL. It's a very hard defense to get to the edge on so I would anticipate the Packers do most of the work up the gut. If it's a difficult game I think it will be because they slow us down. Brady doesn't concern me all that much. The Packers usually do OK low mobility QBs. I think it's probably the best team they've played to this point.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2020, 1:39 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
They have great 2nd level speed, it may be as good as any defense in the NFL. It's a very hard defense to get to the edge on so I would anticipate the Packers do most of the work up the gut. If it's a difficult game I think it will be because they slow us down. Brady doesn't concern me all that much. The Packers usually do OK low mobility QBs. I think it's probably the best team they've played to this point.

Without Vea, that will be significantly easier to do. They do have elite speed with White and David...so I can see them having a big day pounding the ball. And I'll predict Dillon starts to get carries coming out of the bye. 6-8 anyway.

And Brady struggles when he gets pressure up the middle and can't step into his throws. Clark should be a big factor in this game.

I don't know if there's a big difference in Tampa and NOLA. The Saints have the more talented secondary, probably as good at LB'er and not as good up front. Both are capable of beating the Packers though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 10:56 AM Post
How amusing to listen to Terry Bradshaw fawn over Rodgers after saying not long ago that he'd keep McCarthy over him.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

Posted: October 18, 2020, 1:22 PM Post
I like the Packers’ chances today, but it’s hard to win on the road in the NFL, especially against good QBs. Being down Kevin King will hurt, but at least they’re getting Clark and Adams back. Enjoy the game. Go Pack!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 2:04 PM Post
Quite the conundrum. I want the bears to lose but I want the game to end so they switch over to the Packers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 2:07 PM Post
Global Moderator
Some industrial grade bad play calling by Carolina there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 2:07 PM Post
Bears are sporting a big ass horse shoe this season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 2:11 PM Post
yourout said:
Bears are sporting a big ass horse shoe this season.

Yeah, but this is not one of those games. The Bears simply were the better team today.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 2:33 PM Post
St. Brown not on the same page there.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 2:33 PM Post
Man do they jump the run.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 2:34 PM Post
Yeah, he looked like a guy that hasn't played in two years.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 2:37 PM Post
That miscommunication by St. Brown probably cost us 4 points.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 2:37 PM Post
Found it odd that both runs were stretch plays, when TB defense has a ton of speed.

St. Brown missing time shouldn’t lead to mental mistake. If anything he had more time to learn playbook.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 2:40 PM Post
Global Moderator
Fantastic tackle by Jackson there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2020, 2:42 PM Post
wildcat83 said:
Found it odd that both runs were stretch plays, when TB defense has a ton of speed.

St. Brown missing time shouldn’t lead to mental mistake. If anything he had more time to learn playbook.

Rodgers audibled at the line. St. Brown didn't pick up on it.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next  [ 378 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply