LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next  [ 378 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:09 PM Post
homer said:
HiAndTight said:
homer said:
I miss Ervin on the jet sweep action. I think they could have used that today.

Yeah, it's hard to believe ERVIN missing is why our offense has been so...stagnant. They can't REALLY be relying on Tyler Ervin this much, right?

You'd think someone else could just run the same action. Not sure why they haven't done it.

They have Williams and Jones.

Rodgers shouldn't be on the field here. It makes no sense with Bahk on the sideline and the #1 pass rush thus far in the season.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:09 PM Post
homer said:
adambr2 said:
homer said:
The serious flaw was run defense and they've defended the run just fine today. The offensive line and Rodgers have played like junk. On to Houston.

Jones is over 100 yards on 5 YPC and we have a quarter to go.

They've been throughly dominated in just about every aspect of the game since Q2 began.

1/3 of that was on a single big run where the defense had no idea what was going on pre snap.

I guess if you're trying to say the run D has been a silver lining today, I don't see it.

They still look like last year's team to me that can be flustered and controlled on the road by any opponent with a disruptive, physical defense and good ground game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:10 PM Post
homer said:
I think Montravius Adams has had a decent game.

Same with JK Scott ... not saying much [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:10 PM Post
This IS a good chance to get Dillon going...so there's that at least.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:11 PM Post
They look like they're not giving up.

The time to not give up was when it was 4th and 8 from near midfield down 21 in the 3rd. It's too late to rally now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:11 PM Post
homer said:

Agreed ... another reason to burn the tape.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:12 PM Post
Global Moderator
Time for Boyle.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:12 PM Post
HiAndTight said:
homer said:

Yeah, it's hard to believe ERVIN missing is why our offense has been so...stagnant. They can't REALLY be relying on Tyler Ervin this much, right?

He did pretty much single-handedly fix the return units last year ...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:13 PM Post
Just throw in the towel and get Rodgers outta there.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Hopefully this will put the brakes on the super bowl talk.
Still way short of talent.

Quote   Reply 
Todd Bowles is so much better of a defensive coordinator than Mike Pettine.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:14 PM Post
Put in Boyle and run the ball every play.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:15 PM Post
They just brought the house 7 on that blitz up 28 and not 1 WR was anywhere near open, including Adams. Sorry folks but if Tampa's Defense remains healthy, this is your SB team from the NFC. This reminds me of the Giants with their SB runs. You have no chance after you've made a mistake or have a key injury.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:16 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
HiAndTight said:
homer said:

He did pretty much single-handedly fix the return units last year ...

Yeah, he's a nice player, but they've gotta have someone else who can do the same things.

This offense was playing well in large part because of all the pre-snap motion. Even fans had some idea what the defense was doing. You just scrap that and scale down your offense because he's got a injured wrist?

Williams may not be as explosive as him, but he can't do those things? Or Shepard? He's a shifty receiver.

Anyway, the Packers can't beat teams like this right now when they're playing from behind. They came out and looked great, #12 gave them 2 TD's and they couldn't get things going again. I'm not really THAT worried about it long term...but it's frustrating.

Their front 7 has just destroyed our OL. I do agree that the Run D today hasn't really been that bad. It's not like the SF game last year, but it's still ugly.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:17 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Todd Bowles is so much better of a defensive coordinator than Mike Pettine.

We don't have the DL for Pettine and he's CLEARLY not a good enough DC to adjust.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:17 PM Post
yourout said:
Hopefully this will put the brakes on the super bowl talk.
Still way short of talent.

Not necessarily. Don’t get me wrong, you have to be good to win the Super Bowl. But you also need to be healthy and lucky. A lot can happen between now and January. Write this one off, adjust your expectations a little, but don’t write them off just yet.

Last edited by nodakfan17 on October 18, 2020, 5:21 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:18 PM Post
I understand the "burn the tape" talk, but the January game against the 49ers was also a "burn the tape" game. Sooner or later you gotta figure out how to win these types of games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:19 PM Post
brewcrewdue80 said:
They just brought the house 7 on that blitz up 28 and not 1 WR was anywhere near open, including Adams. Sorry folks but if Tampa's Defense remains healthy, this is your SB team from the NFC. This reminds me of the Giants with their SB runs. You have no chance after you've made a mistake or have a key injury.

C’mon. Didn’t they lose to the Bears last week? Obviously, they’re in the mix, but this is a week-to-week league.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:20 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I understand the "burn the tape" talk, but the January game against the 49ers was also a "burn the tape" game. Sooner or later you gotta figure out how to win these types of games.

I really don't see those as the same types of games other than we just got our arses kicked in both games.

If Aaron Rodgers plays a normal game for him, this game looks a lot differently.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2020, 5:20 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
brewcrewdue80 said:

C’mon. Didn’t they lose to the Bears last week? Obviously, they’re in the mix, but this is a week-to-week league.

Alot of hot takes are expected during a game like this.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next  [ 378 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply