LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next  [ 378 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

Author Message
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 18, 2020, 6:50 PM Post
Posts: 9102
turborickey said:
Total and complete domination!

Sorry everyone, been a Bucs fan since 1977 as a 7th grader! Die hard from day one...

I know that Tom Brady isn't the Tom Brady he once was, but he is a giant step up for a team that hasn't had a great QB in, well, forever! Add him and Gronk to a team with that defense and the sky is the limit.

38 - 10!


Are you one of those people born and raised In WI, but picked another team?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 18, 2020, 6:55 PM Post
Posts: 2244
Apparently, MLF has no long-term concerns about David Bakhtiari’ heath. So that’s something.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 18, 2020, 6:56 PM Post
Posts: 5151
OldSchoolSnapper said:
It wasn't so much a matter of keeping track as it was you never stopped announcing your decision. I double checked to make sure it was you though and let's just say it wasn't hard to find the announcements.

Signing Brady and Gronk brought you back but you're a diehard since day one...ok.



Well...that's kinda the definition. Diehard does mean "as long as everything is lined up perfectly," right?


Anyway, they don't think Bahk's injury is a long term thing. That's the first piece of good news I've heard. They can come back from this, they couldn't come back from a season ender for their 2nd most important player.

Though...maybe that's Tyler Ervin since the offense today was absolutely nothing like it's been all year...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 18, 2020, 6:58 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6370
MLF and AR said practice was awful. Although, I've never heard a team say practice was fantastic after losing by 4 touchdowns.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 18, 2020, 7:16 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 13334
Bucs had zero penalties

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 18, 2020, 7:18 PM Post
Posts: 5151
homer said:
Bucs had zero penalties


Which of course will be 100 pct because Brady yelled at them...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 18, 2020, 7:18 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 15278
Location: Milwaukee, WI
homer said:
Bucs had zero penalties


Shows how terrible NFL refs are. I don’t care how disciplined of a game you play in football, there are penalties on both sides. Today’s game it just wouldn’t of mattered.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 18, 2020, 7:19 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6260
Location: Phoenix, AZ
FVBrewerFan said:

Are you one of those people born and raised In WI, but picked another team?


Born and raised in WI chose the Bears because Packer fans are like the Cardinal fans of the NFL plus when I was younger I went to the Bears training camp a few times and also all of my teams that I root for have to start with the letter B which the Packers do not so they are out automatically.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 18, 2020, 8:39 PM Post
Posts: 9102
My overreaction hot take of the day. The Packers aren't winning the Super Bowl. They don't have the mental toughness. The have almost a perfect 1st quarter, than bam losing 14-10. Ok, it's the NFL, that happens to everyone. But TB continues on scoring 38 unanswered points?? That's how you handle adversity?

This defense really has no leadership, toughness, identity or most of all confidence. It's like they know they're not that good, and try to play through it. The offense has looked fantastic until today, no doubt. But we've seen this before. When someone really brings the noise Rodgers gets skittish, and they go into panic mode. We'll see, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 18, 2020, 8:58 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6370
Brew4U said:
homer said:
Bucs had zero penalties


Shows how terrible NFL refs are. I don’t care how disciplined of a game you play in football, there are penalties on both sides. Today’s game it just wouldn’t of mattered.


They were flagged for roughing Rodgers but it was a play he was called for grounding.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 18, 2020, 9:00 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6370
FVBrewerFan said:
My overreaction hot take of the day. The Packers aren't winning the Super Bowl. They don't have the mental toughness. The have almost a perfect 1st quarter, than bam losing 14-10. Ok, it's the NFL, that happens to everyone. But TB continues on scoring 38 unanswered points?? That's how you handle adversity?

This defense really has no leadership, toughness, identity or most of all confidence. It's like they know they're not that good, and try to play through it. The offense has looked fantastic until today, no doubt. But we've seen this before. When someone really brings the noise Rodgers gets skittish, and they go into panic mode. We'll see, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.


I know you prefaced this but I think we need to give them at least two games. If they do this again in SF, it's completely fair. They came off a bye, which can be equal parts bad and good, that sequence beginning with the pick 6 was awful. It just seemed like the wheels came off and never got back on.

Lots of great teams have looked like this for a week. The 2014 Pats got hosed by 30 on national TV by a bad Chiefs team. The Chiefs just gave up 40 to LV.

It was bad though. My hope is that it was so bad it was an aberration. They were pretty dominant for a quarter and then I just don't know what happened.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 19, 2020, 12:39 AM Post
Posts: 5151
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Brew4U said:
homer said:
Bucs had zero penalties


Shows how terrible NFL refs are. I don’t care how disciplined of a game you play in football, there are penalties on both sides. Today’s game it just wouldn’t of mattered.


They were flagged for roughing Rodgers but it was a play he was called for grounding.


Which I thought was a pretty bad call. He had Williams in the flat. The ball was 10 yards short of him, but he was getting hit. They certainly eat the flag on a lot of other more egregious intentional groundings.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:49 AM Post
Posts: 2244
Now that I’ve had time to reflect, the worst part of yesterday’s game was seeing Rodgers’ McCringleberry celebration go to waste.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 19, 2020, 7:03 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1967
Yesterday's game was certainly cringeworthy, but I'm willing to give them a mulligan. They came out flat, and even while building a 10-0 lead early, they looked out of sorts. Rodgers played like crap. I mean, has he ever had a pick-6, and nearly another in the same game?

If it turns into a trend, I'll be concerned. But let's see how they respond next week. They weren't ever going to go 16-0.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 19, 2020, 7:19 AM Post
Posts: 22236
I can't just chalk this up to a bad day at the office. Not until we see us even compete in these types of games.. We haven't lost many games in the MLF era. But it is becoming a bit disturbing how poorly things escalate for us any time we face adversity.

Bad things happen to NFL teams and it is important to remain composed and respond positively. Seemingly any time the tide turns against us, we absolutely crumble. I don't know if this just speaks to poor player leadership, a lack of adjustments, fear, or just a few bad incidences of circumstance, but it happened in San Diego, it happened twice in San Francisco, and it happened again yesterday. When we face adversity, we get absolutely crushed. There shouldn't be any reason for the sudden non-competiveness, but it is happening nonetheless. We moved the ball just fine in Q1 yesterday and then when things went wrong it's like watching an entirely different team.

We also haven't done anything to change the narrative that a team with an elite defensive front, stout pass rushers and a decent ground attack can completely control a game against us.

I think they'll win next week. I think they'll win a lot of games this year. But the potential for this type of game in January against this type of team isn't going to go away, even if we win 13 or 14 games.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 19, 2020, 7:25 AM Post
Posts: 22236
Bahk doesn't have a major injury according to MLF, by the way. So there's your one good thing that came out of yesterday's game.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 19, 2020, 7:36 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6370
adambr2 said:
I can't just chalk this up to a bad day at the office. Not until we see us even compete in these types of games.. We haven't lost many games in the MLF era. But it is becoming a bit disturbing how poorly things escalate for us any time we face adversity.

Bad things happen to NFL teams and it is important to remain composed and respond positively. Seemingly any time the tide turns against us, we absolutely crumble. I don't know if this just speaks to poor player leadership, a lack of adjustments, fear, or just a few bad incidences of circumstance, but it happened in San Diego, it happened twice in San Francisco, and it happened again yesterday. When we face adversity, we get absolutely crushed. There shouldn't be any reason for the sudden non-competiveness, but it is happening nonetheless. We moved the ball just fine in Q1 yesterday and then when things went wrong it's like watching an entirely different team.

We also haven't done anything to change the narrative that a team with an elite defensive front, stout pass rushers and a decent ground attack can completely control a game against us.

I think they'll win next week. I think they'll win a lot of games this year. But the potential for this type of game in January against this type of team isn't going to go away, even if we win 13 or 14 games.


No fans or not, they need to get one of these types of playoff games at home. That has been a near-universal theme in Rodgers career. These guy games against good teams are almost always on their field.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 19, 2020, 7:44 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1967
adambr2 said:
I can't just chalk this up to a bad day at the office. Not until we see us even compete in these types of games.. We haven't lost many games in the MLF era. But it is becoming a bit disturbing how poorly things escalate for us any time we face adversity.

Bad things happen to NFL teams and it is important to remain composed and respond positively. Seemingly any time the tide turns against us, we absolutely crumble. I don't know if this just speaks to poor player leadership, a lack of adjustments, fear, or just a few bad incidences of circumstance, but it happened in San Diego, it happened twice in San Francisco, and it happened again yesterday. When we face adversity, we get absolutely crushed. There shouldn't be any reason for the sudden non-competiveness, but it is happening nonetheless. We moved the ball just fine in Q1 yesterday and then when things went wrong it's like watching an entirely different team.

We also haven't done anything to change the narrative that a team with an elite defensive front, stout pass rushers and a decent ground attack can completely control a game against us.

I think they'll win next week. I think they'll win a lot of games this year. But the potential for this type of game in January against this type of team isn't going to go away, even if we win 13 or 14 games.


This team had plenty of close games and adversity on their way to 13 wins last year. The majority of those wins were close and ugly. It's just that we seem to remember those that didn't go their way, and those that, for whatever reason, they let get away from them in a major way.

There is no dominant team this year. I think any team can beat any other team at any time. The team that avoids mistakes and costly turnovers typically wins. The Packers couldn't do that yesterday, and they ended up getting curbstomped. How they respond now is the important thing.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 19, 2020, 7:49 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12176
OldSchoolSnapper said:
It wasn't so much a matter of keeping track as it was you never stopped announcing your decision. I double checked to make sure it was you though and let's just say it wasn't hard to find the announcements.

Signing Brady and Gronk brought you back but you're a diehard since day one...ok.




Correct, die hard since day one, then the political side of things stepped in and I stopped watching. Still followed the team though, just stopped watching all together.

Thanks again for keeping track of my fandom, glad I can keep you busy.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 19, 2020, 7:52 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12176
FVBrewerFan said:
turborickey said:
Total and complete domination!

Sorry everyone, been a Bucs fan since 1977 as a 7th grader! Die hard from day one...

I know that Tom Brady isn't the Tom Brady he once was, but he is a giant step up for a team that hasn't had a great QB in, well, forever! Add him and Gronk to a team with that defense and the sky is the limit.

38 - 10!


Are you one of those people born and raised In WI, but picked another team?


Yup, as a 7th grader, I loved the new team's uniforms. All my friends were Packer or Vikings fans, so I went a different direction and it stuck. My buddy at the time did the same thing and went with the Seahawks...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next  [ 378 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Harvey'sWBs, HiAndTight, PeaveyFury, young guns, yourout and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test